which is the valid statement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
ignorance is bliss? or knowledge is power?

i will speak on what i think after i read a couple ppls reasoning and enhance my perception towards the subject.

TROLL

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2003
ahh i see.. thats a good one.. if u had to choose just one to fit the universal perspective id have to say, "knowledge is power"... scince a form of power can also be considered a blissful occurance.. but by saying "ignorance is bliss" alone, gives no inclination of the merits of knowledge..

Nov 24, 2003
They are both vaild because they are almost opposites.

Anyone with a lot of power is probably living a life that is full of stress, failure, responsibility, etc.

Power does not equal bliss.

Dec 8, 2005
valid logic statements?

i think they would then be translated to:

all knowledge is power --> if you have knowledge then you have power

all ignorance is bliss -->if you are ignporant then you have bliss

so my answer is neither like coldblooded said.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
well both of these sayins are very common, but i was only asking for which saying do you stand by and support, and why?

now i believe in knowledge is power, cuz in reality the only thing thats fucking the whole world is up i ignorance, and yes we are ALL ignorant.

this includes religion, government, and even or social lives.
we claim to know what we are speakin on but in reality its only an assumption.

and ignorance concerning religion would be how all sides believe they have the truth while also denying others belief system while they dont even know the reasoning and support the other side has.

an example would be, people pay attention to things in books and debates and all there is, and they only pick up what influences their thought.
so a muslim would see the wrong things , as would the christian, as the jew, as the athiests.

we are all cocreating our reality and anybody too dumb to see that has already locked himself within his own.

Sep 25, 2005
Ignorance creates more strife and conflict than knowledge. Hence, ignorance in general does not equal bliss. However if you are ignorant to the wrongs that exist in this world and choose to shield yourself from all the bullshit, you may indeed be blissful, but that bliss can come crashing down on you heavily and unexpectedly when the problems in the world actually start to affect you on a personal level.

Ignorance causes more pain and destruction than knowledge.

May 9, 2002
Hemp said:
well both of these sayins are very common, but i was only asking for which saying do you stand by and support, and why?
Actually, all you asked was if they were valid statements. By dictionary terms, NO....they are NOT valid statements. The thread should have ended with CB's statement.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
didnt i say excuse my broken english? are u still gonna talk shit rather than answer?

shit dont even answer just leave this board

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
taetae said:
Ignorance creates more strife and conflict than knowledge. Hence, ignorance in general does not equal bliss. However if you are ignorant to the wrongs that exist in this world and choose to shield yourself from all the bullshit, you may indeed be blissful, but that bliss can come crashing down on you heavily and unexpectedly when the problems in the world actually start to affect you on a personal level.

Ignorance causes more pain and destruction than knowledge.
I agree with the bold, however that "ignorance" may actually be defined as "knowledge" because you acknowledge that bullshit is not good for you.

Look at like this:

Ignorance is bliss = if you keep someone ignorant it may be blissful for you.

Knowledge is power = if you control the distribution of knowledge it is power for you.

I see both as the same thing really.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
HERESY said:
I agree with the bold, however that "ignorance" may actually be defined as "knowledge" because you acknowledge that bullshit is not good for you.

Look at like this:

Ignorance is bliss = if you keep someone ignorant it may be blissful for you.

Knowledge is power = if you control the distribution of knowledge it is power for you.

I see both as the same thing really.

but you are basing your point of view with the priority of gaining control or power, when this is only a perspective.

so what would be for the greater goodf for ones life?