which do u prefer?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

which do u prefer?

• 1. a full length cd (74 min of audio)

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • 2. enhanced cd:bout 60min of audio w/ extras (concert footage, freestlyez)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
would you rather have 74 min of slump for your trunk or around 60 minutes but an enhanced cd which will feature: concert footage, freestlyez, and exclusive sneek peekz???

--we are contemplating doing an enhanced cd for one of our early releases next year <--i done have it completed and working but we dont know which direction to go

let me know!

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
As I see it you should have one CD dedicated to the audio and the other to concert footage and freestyles, etc. Like they did with the Tech N9ne album. Disc 1 was all the album and then Disc 2 was all a DVD feature with concert footage, backstage stuff and more. Sure it may cost you some more and you may have to sell it for a few more bones, but it's well worth it to put the two seperate or to have more room for audio and bonus footage rather than having a smaller amount of each.

Just my $0.02

Late!

Sep 28, 2002
Blutarski said:
As I see it you should have one CD dedicated to the audio and the other to concert footage and freestyles, etc. Like they did with the Tech N9ne album. Disc 1 was all the album and then Disc 2 was all a DVD feature with concert footage, backstage stuff and more. Sure it may cost you some more and you may have to sell it for a few more bones, but it's well worth it to put the two seperate or to have more room for audio and bonus footage rather than having a smaller amount of each.

Just my $0.02

Late!
exactly:confused:

Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
Quick said:
I WOULDNT PAY MORE THEN 15 OR 16 DOLLARS FOR A CD AND HOW WOULD THE FOOTAGE BENEFIT ME WHEN IM LISTENING TO THE CD?

I SAY JUST HAVE THE 74 MIN CD.
if we were 2 make it a double cd it would range the cd @ a higher price-->it would be on one disk

-->the benefit 2 having an enhanced cd is something extra--different<-concert footage-->info on the artist, extra trackz, video of freestlyez-->

the problem is not all our audience has computers-but for the most part every1 has access 2 a PC

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
JESTER said:

if we were 2 make it a double cd it would range the cd @ a higher price-->it would be on one disk

-->the benefit 2 having an enhanced cd is something extra--different<-concert footage-->info on the artist, extra trackz, video of freestlyez-->

the problem is not all our audience has computers-but for the most part every1 has access 2 a PC
I UNDERSTAND BUT THEN WHY DONT YOU MAKE A DVD. I KNOW THAT IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT BUT IF THE PRICE IS TOO MUCH ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULDNT BUY THE CD.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
JESTER said:

--that would raise the prices (having 2 press up 2 cdz) and 2 encode the dvd cost money aswell
IM TALKING A SEPARTE RELEASE OF FREESTYLES AND INTERVIEWS AND THINGS THAT WASNT WITH THE CD. RELEASE A CD AND THEN RELEASE A DVD A MONTH LATER.

Sep 13, 2002
Look at it like this. its already tough enough to push units when its just a single disk cd right? with a dvd added it just ups the price of the cd for the consumer cutting down the total sales. Which means less money for the lable artist dist and so on who shelled out more money then they would of in the first place to get the dvd mixed with the cd or seperate from the cd.

cd + dvd= 2 X what ever it would have been for just the cd to get pressed. not including all the cost for the dvd to be done.

cd and dvd all in 1= less music meaning less people buying it, plus the cost to get everything rolled into one.

CD= sells, if the music is dope the dist and promotion is right then shit is gon sale. with just the cost of that. no worrying about it has to push this # many units more just so we can break even.

and hitting folks with a cd then a dvd 1 month later is harder then yall think. unless you a big artist its hard to get shit shipped. why dont you think you dont see any of these artist dvd's in stores any where. not many cats gon be raceing to the stores to cop a yuk,c-bo, jt dvd. where as if nsync drops even a 2 minute piece for $20 its gon sell. just the type of fans and the popularity push.

just some shit to think about. good luck on the project folks!

Apr 25, 2002
There was a poll on some website, CDNow or JiveRecords.com or something, there were like 10,000 responses and I think CD + bonus DVD is what people wanted the most, with like 65% of the vote... I think the other options were Enhanced CD, Mail in Rebate, and coupon for a discount on another CD, but they didn't come close to the bonus DVD...

Sep 13, 2002
but you have to have a huge fan base to even make it worth while. and the lype of fan base. like i said most cats that listin to westcoast music dont jut wanna run out and pay more for a dvd, they could care less.

no with me personaly hell yea id cop a dvd of an artist i feel, but looking at it from the other side i cant see any reason to.

tech n9ne got a hugh fan base thats why its not as hard for him to do some shit like that. people really dont realize how many tech n9ne fans there are

May 7, 2002
I think the Combo deal drives the price up.. Sure the video is coo but there has to be more stick to the bonus disc....... Think Promotion more than the actual sale.....

Apr 25, 2002
Full length. Heres the way I look at it dogg:

Take no offense to this, but I dont know who you are. I dont know your group...why would I want to see you in concert?

I think you need to wait and establish a fan base. If you release a solid full length LP, the fans will come. When the fans come, then you release the bonus DVD, cause then they will want to see the DVD now that they know who you are, plus the concerts will be way more off the hook.