where da hell GameTight, str8dank, my folk from efnet IRC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2010
you where you fools at these days, this stryk yall remember me. you guys if u read this hit me up. still been gettin yer rlses GT you already know what i mean you fools hit me up i hope you see this. peace. wheres khakster, GT too, you know who i mean... fuck the dumb

May 6, 2002
i actually remember you. these cats all left the scene, its been 10 years now, maybe only one or two of them remains active from the original crew in 2001.

Mar 9, 2003
RNS was the shit back in the day (i think their official chatroom was password protected) I used to mostly stay in 0|_ Hiphop or something on Dalnet. Before xdcc bots when it was mostly a bunch of college kids using their schools t3/t1 connections to run Spr Jukebox and Polaris FTPs. Shit I even remember when VBR mp3s replaced 128kbps mp3s.

Attachments

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
There was a channel called #cali-rap or something like that on one of the servers, dunno which one, but some dude who's name I don't remember gave me access to his FTP and he'd have hella shit on there. That's my really cool irc story for you guys.

Jul 12, 2002
Hahaha I'd like to thank you for all those Cdz breh...
Haha you're welcome, but I was by no means a major player, even in a small scene group like CR.

There actually was a rapper that used to post on here a lot back in the day that ripped for CR, got kicked out or left them, and started ripping for RNS. I'm not gonna say his name though because, well, you know...snitching.

Feb 11, 2006
Haha you're welcome, but I was by no means a major player, even in a small scene group like CR.

There actually was a rapper that used to post on here a lot back in the day that ripped for CR, got kicked out or left them, and started ripping for RNS. I'm not gonna say his name though because, well, you know...snitching.
I used to fuck with all the channel and P2P ,soul seek and Dc++ .

Apr 25, 2002

When I found out said rapper ripped my label's first release (Errelevent - "Omnipotent") I was mad because I thought it would "affect our sales" (lol) little did I realize he did us a huge favor and was the single biggest piece of promo done for that album. Being a RNS rip exposed Errelevent to a shitload of fans (many of them international) that we would have had no way of reaching way back in 2003. Cool story breh.

Thanks Cane!!!!!!! :siccness:

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
There was a channel called #cali-rap or something like that on one of the servers, dunno which one, but some dude who's name I don't remember gave me access to his FTP and he'd have hella shit on there. That's my really cool irc story for you guys.
Man I remember that - I think the guys name was p-dogg. He had so much music on that FTP and I was determined to download as much as I could on my 56K modem.

May 6, 2002
you guys bring a lot of good memories back from that time! this site, i think this site used to be hosted under a different name or database and alot of people must've got deleted... seems the site bayontop is no more either. few old scene heads used to visit that site and post classic shit. that was maybe 07-09..

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
When I found out said rapper ripped my label's first release (Errelevent - "Omnipotent") I was mad because I thought it would "affect our sales" (lol) little did I realize he did us a huge favor and was the single biggest piece of promo done for that album. Being a RNS rip exposed Errelevent to a shitload of fans (many of them international) that we would have had no way of reaching way back in 2003. Cool story breh.

Thanks Cane!!!!!!! :siccness:
I once posted an article around here about 8-9 years ago citing this type of behavior as beneficial to obscure and underground artists, but some people wouldn't believe any of it lol.

I think after the heyday of Napster, the best place to find some hidden gems was Audiogalaxy for me. I remember downloading a track off their site by Msane called "Resurrection", and I would hold onto it for a brief period until I had a HD crash. Despite sharing the song with a handful people, I wasn't able to ever find it again. Meanwhile Audiogalaxy was shut down and watered down. My last hope was to contact Msane about it, and his response was the following lol: "man, i did that trac like in 98 and never used it. i sold it to a compilation in houston texas. i have a new album finished called " coast 2 coast hustlin "
featuring , bubba sparx, the nappy roots, jay tee, the de, balance and many more.
" Yes, those were the days... and like with many others, those p2p file sharing programs revolutionized the industry. I would buy that song in a heartbeat if I saw it for sale but alas you can't even find a reference for it, let alone that it even existed.