Whats more important? Style or Content?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Style or Content?

• Style

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Content

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Both

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
little of both... It's hard to listen to an entire CD of "Knowledge" same with a whole cd of "Random bragadoish hood shit"

I think the best rappers had "Style"... and learned how to flawless intermingle the smart content / with ignorant content...

Jul 25, 2007
should be a mix of content, style and versatility. Love listening to a cd with a hood track, party track, track spittin knowledge, track talkin shit etc etc.

May 9, 2002
If i had to chose between the two ONLY, it would be content. Why would you ask if you have "both" as an option? Thats like asking "what is important on a female to you: nice tits, nice ass, or both?" What do you THINK men are going to chose?

Apr 8, 2006
I dunno I like style more.

I prefer rappers like Lynch,Twista,Droop,E40,Tech N9ne,Celly Cel

Compared 2 rappers like Common,Mos Def,Nas,Jay-Z,Cannabis.

It's very rare that I can get in2 rappers like that.
The only 1 that was ever dope like that 2 me was MAC MALL jus cuz the muthafucka had so much game.

Apr 23, 2006
if its one or the other you gotta have style

because there are alot of dope lyricists that cant make a hit song

and in my opinion thats what its all about is making a hit (not necesarily mainstream)

i chose both though because if your not really sayin shit in your songs then they prolly wont have good replay value after the original hype is over

Oct 19, 2004
I dunno I like style more.

I prefer rappers like Lynch,Twista,Droop,E40,Tech N9ne,Celly Cel

Compared 2 rappers like Common,Mos Def,Nas,Jay-Z,Cannabis.

It's very rare that I can get in2 rappers like that.
The only 1 that was ever dope like that 2 me was MAC MALL jus cuz the muthafucka had so much game.
Every rapper you prefer has both...don't really know why you would think they don't. I think its definitely a must to have both if you wanna have any lasting impression as an artist.

Nov 7, 2002
Good Topic

I would have STYLE on top of CONTENT.

They are both important.

You don't like the Content...change the CD.

You don't like the Style ..change the CD.

You can change the content, it's harder to change the style.

I vote STYLE.

Apr 8, 2006
Every rapper you prefer has both...don't really know why you would think they don't. I think its definitely a must to have both if you wanna have any lasting impression as an artist.
I was kinda thinkin sumthin like this while I was posting.

I'll go ahead n agree...Every rapper I named can do both.

It seem like these rappers tho are known 4 their style over subject matter tho....but good point Ive heard them all do stories n come across with more than just style.

Maybe I'm lookin at Content as 2 much vocabulary instead of actual content.
I just never really been a fan a that brainiac back packin rap ya feel me?

But I still go with Style

I remember the first time I heard Twista Adrenaline Rush I was Blown Away!
Same with the first time I heard LOADED.
I like the way Eminem can spit out the clever rhyme schemes that make yr ears 2 backflips.

I don't need 2 much content cuz really I dont need 2 hear sum dumbass preachin like he's brilliant in the dirty ass game that good rap is.
I wanna hear a Gangsta TALENTED lyracist put it down with a dope ass vibe.

Dec 29, 2008
you gotta have both to really compete in the game. but to me there's a huge lack of meaningful content in most rappers music. most rappers main purpose is to get across how hard they are how gangsta they are and how many times they'll shoot you in the facee. i've noticed this since i was a kid.

i respect artists or not based on their content. but a rapper's style is what will grab my attention to give them a chance.