What ya'll think of female rappers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
I'm new to this siccness shit. But I got one question, What do ya'll think of female rappers? Honestly. I hear too many people say they don't like us, when some ain't even took the time to listen to one's lyrics. I am not just whining, when I wanna know something, I ask. So who better to ask, then the city of Sacramento? Where ya'll at?

Aug 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
I look up 2 Marvaless she is one of the many female artists that paved the way for chicks like me. I give all the girlies props for doin they're thang. Some ain't as hot as others, but the the point being, they are out there makin' it do what it do.

May 19, 2005
myspace.com
i show the female rappers luv fa sho. but i don't like when some bitches get to acting like some of these big headed niggaz tho. we all in the grind, so aint nobody better then the other. if you aint rankin in a million off yo shit then yo muthafuccin head shouldn't be big, just big like yo momma made that muthafucca!! Shit, I be salty at these fellow underground artists acting like that. on crip.

Aug 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
I feel ya semi, But do u think there's a certain amount of confidence that one should have when it comes to their music? Maybe I'm wrong for asking that question cause I already know. But like I said I'm tryin 2 get ya'lls feedback. I guess there is a difference between bein' confident and bigheaded. We all should be equal as underground artists, but the thang is when somebody has a little more muscle behind they're shit than the next, I believe they deserve they're credit for that.

P.S. I just wanna let ya'll know that I am a cool person I just speak my mind and I hope u do the same. Please don't take anything I say personal. We are all grown folks, unlike certain individuals who wanna set up fake my space pages and start rumors about people bein' dead and shit. Blah, Blah, Blah...lol!

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
I LIKE FEMALES RAPPERS.
I STILL LISTEN TO MIA X. ZAGG GETS HELLA ROTATION IN THE DECK
LADY OF RAGE IS COOL TOO

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
female rappers,..if us male entertainers are diff,...but when it comes to female rappers i see alot of copy cat chit (witch is odd cause woman in genneral always wanna be diff from the next lady be it be hair nails gear cooking) i dont think i one one female cd i do have one single,..wait two m.c. smooth (u.k. release that i got from tower outlet on b-way i dont know if that places still there,..but i spent 40% of my cheek there i loved it there) and ladie night by lil kim and crew,...i mainy got them for the instrmentals

but over all i have only heard woman taking advantage of men and the complaint department not much from female m.c.'s,....but when womans sing,...awghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love it,...i dont like male sings too much esp. these days but some al green or marvin that kinda skill dont pop up today,..just bk2 kids saying we gonna fuck or what,...it was funny when nate dogg sang a cussed but he could hold a note,...

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
missme916 said:
I feel ya semi, But do u think there's a certain amount of confidence that one should have when it comes to their music? Maybe I'm wrong for asking that question cause I already know. But like I said I'm tryin 2 get ya'lls feedback. I guess there is a difference between bein' confident and bigheaded. We all should be equal as underground artists, but the thang is when somebody has a little more muscle behind they're shit than the next, I believe they deserve they're credit for that.

P.S. I just wanna let ya'll know that I am a cool person I just speak my mind and I hope u do the same. Please don't take anything I say personal. We are all grown folks, unlike certain individuals who wanna set up fake my space pages and start rumors about people bein' dead and shit. Blah, Blah, Blah...lol!
i have to disagree , confadence is a power then comes fromwith in and radiates out word,..where aragance or big headedness is external powers working they way into someones head and soul and some how come out distorted out word to put off an image of greatness when it is only a wteping stone to try and prove there are better than,...

and equal?...all naw not only is art a expression but the way you come off sets you apart (wether it be you tone of voice, lyrics, delivery, background, image etc.),..anyone that consider them selfs undersround condisedrs them self sub standerd,...thats why i tell rappers and singers that i have interviewed . " you mean your independent" so blow it off as i'm ranting but the way you define yourself will have a major impact on how you are recived

and by all means i'm glad your here and you are wrong about "us being grown folks" here at siccness.net we have about 30k members and 80% of them are white kids fromn the age of 13-19,...do some resrech and you will see,...i know you have been introduced by our frind beto or big,..but ask floss and bet they will co-sign for me,...slow 2 da poke mod of the year
and resadent stand up comic among other talents,...spelling is not one of then,..yadidhahahahahha

Aug 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
Eh, I see where u comin from slow poke, It's one style and shit that sets u apart from the rest of the world. But only if u can grasp the worlds attention. I wasn't saying that all artists are equal. If u are able 2 set urself aside from the rest usin ya "muscle" then by all means do it and get ya credit 4 it. Don't short change ya self!

I guess i do need to do need 2 do my research, cause them same kids are the ones buyin' and downloadin the music too.

I said under ground because I admit I am a rookie in this music game, but not at this life shit. I talk about real life experiences in my lyrics and I will not be a rookie at this shit 4 eva. I plan to break that barrier soon though. Soon as I get some shit on the radio.lol Beto is the homie, but Bigg showed me this siccness shit. Thats my main squeeze (Bigg)! lol I consider myself lucky because I have someone by my side to school me on the ins and outs of the industry, everybody ain't got that. So I am indeed blessed.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
If you dope... you dope... dont matter sex or race...

I ilke Foxy- but she's not consistant
I like the Brat- but she's not consistant
I wish "Free" woul dreales an album becuz she murder the verse on Canibus's 1st LP
This last Lil Kim album made me a fan... she fucked up niggas & beezies
My Sis Aleze is dope- but not consistant

I notice alot of female artist have it hard becuz they have to stray away from the image set before them as well as being too much like a nigga.

Remy Ma
Lady Luck
Rah Digga

are dope too...

Aug 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
I think thats what makes this music work, u have to follow ur work ethic with consistency and some people male or female just can't hack it. Not only that but it seems like u have to contantly compete with self to become better at it, maybe compete is the wrong word , but its all that comes 2 mind right now. A better way 2 say it practice makes perfect. True nobody's perfect. But why not strive for perfection on records, finish it, leave it alone and it's on 2 the next.

May 19, 2005
myspace.com
missme916 said:

FA SHO FA SHO. i feel you. And i'm talking about the cats that just brush people like us off they shoulders and don't show no luv or they charging niggaz crazy azz prices for 1 verse just becuz they don't know you, or they even ignore you. I'm sure plenty of cats came across a big head nigga like that.

May 30, 2006
I use 2 fuck with alotta female rap back in the day. I use 2 luv Marvaless, Suga T, Menajatwa, Concious Daughters, Choice & a few otherz but now they are no different then the male rapperz. Meaning that they all sound alike. The only femalez I fuck with now iz Zagg The Virus & I'm loving the femalez from the Flo-Sheikanz. Other then that I don't see any female comin' tight.

Feb 5, 2005

IF SHE GO RAW ON DA MIC THEN I SUPPORT HER...

ESPECIALLY IF WHUT SHE SPEAK'N IZ SUM REAL SHIT ( SAME WIT MALE RAPPERz )

PERSONALLY I THINK DA RAP GAME NEEDz MO FEMALE MCz 2 HOLD IT DOWN...

ESPECIALLY OUT DA WEST COAST...

- GEEzUz

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
missme916 said:
Slowpoke is really a stand up comedian ya'll (lol)
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=205812
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=205951
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=205836 i like this one alot
get to know my home life,...i dont wanna use the berny mac way but i might?
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=202733
i got a lil love daddy for emma,..know about her too,..
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=155530

and a few of my first reports of who i have opened for,...enjoy,..oooh and have some time on your hands before you open these,...

from the movie bueatyshop the kid with the video camera
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=117050&highlight=slowpoke
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=114625&highlight=leslie
i dont make these no more cause they hurt my hands to say all the things that happen so i just have voice recods of my events,...

Jan 18, 2006
Females Rapper Get much luv from me that got some females that can spit just as hard or even better than some dudes so u females out there keep up the hard work on the mic yaddia!

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Honestly I usually don't like female rappers. They okay if they sing part of the hook or something like with Jacka, but I'm sorry a lot of sick songs have been ruined by female voices. Sorry just my opinion.

The only ones I can really listen to are Syndel from Oldominion, and Princess Loko from Ten Wanted Men.

Jan 1, 2006
As long as they lyrical, like lauryn hill back in the score days. she wasnt tryna rap like a nigga rap or foccus to hard on what type of bag and earings she had on, she was on that mind blowin, make you listen, lyrical shit

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
miss mays GOES....'nuff said.

as far as female rppers in general, hell yeah. their contributions are just as important, although not always recognized.

along with the author of this thread, marvelous, and tenacious from royalle fam are Sac's finest lady emcees.