What the fuck?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2008
I take a look around and I reminisce about old school Portland. The Neighborfair, Oaks park, Burnside skatepark, I remember when you could still swim in the Willamette. And it leads me to wonder. Do people truly give a shit about our city or are they just here to fuck us around?

When I was growing up in this city I remember when people used to help one another. I also remember when you could get on a bus and didn't have to put up with mouthy assed little teeny boppers who thought they knew everything.

I remember the U-Krew, Nu Shooz, The Kingsmen. Shit I remember when everybody still gave most of their support to 1480 KBMS, still in my opinion one of the better formats in Rose City radio.

Nowadays it seems most people could give a fuck about anything, and it makes me sick. Not to dog on everybody but what the hell is going on around here? people seem so fucking lazy they can't even spit their sunflower seeds out the window they have to spit em' on the floor, and everywhere you look there is another homeless person on their last leg whilst the rich man leaves them table scraps as they fist fuck mother earth and sacrifice our health and well being and then have the audacity to lick their fingers clean. Unfortunate it seems that people have dealt with this onslaught of bitterness for far to long and have just lost their taste for happiness. But I believe that we can have what we used to have if we are all just willing to try a little harder and tell these corporate bitches to fuck the fuck off.

Furthermore, what in the fuck is up with local radio and television putting a damper on the hopes and dreams of so many local artists and entrepeneurs, Here comes Cluck channel radio and FOX hole Network TV and suddenly there is no room for the up and coming artists anymore. Why is that? How can we allow such a blatant attack on what is rightfully ours to govern. Sounds like a bunch of haters to me. those corporate gangsters who try and tell everybody what is hot and what is not. Those bitches can eat a dick! Coming in here eating up all the fair market in radio with their waste of breath music and talk radio programming.

As far as I can see we all just need to boycott these waste of space and breath chumps and make our own network that suits the needs of hip hop and other music consumers. "Support the local artists." give them as much love as possible.

Now I am not saying just take everyones music that is put out there. Be selective but give a good product its due.

I see cats going out of their way to make it in this business and they struggle forever. 90% them never even get a record deal not to mention the fact that most of their shit is way better than what you get on scammin 95.5
Fuck them bitches!

Some dudes got history in this town and still get no love from these mad zealots and their fake ass rhetoric. now why is that?

$$$ plain and simple.

Everyone wants a shot. Not everyone will get it. But most of the artists here in P-town have either been working their asses of to attain greatness and push a great product! But nearly never get to see the big time even when their heart is in it all the way.

This is just my opinion but I feel it must be said because I am tired of seeing all of this good talent left at the wayside because of Entercom and other mass media suckin on the titty of the money mammory, supporting the armed forces through recruitment advertising and so on. Whom by the way does not readily support the Hip Hop industry or any other market or genre.

So if you come to this town with the idea that you can fuck and dump us like whores, you got another thing coming bitch! Oh by the way, commercial radio will soon be a thing of the past. The new game is satellite radio and a plethora of opportunity for all starving artists to be heard. I promise by this time next year commercial radio will be looking for a way to hang on to what is left of the FM band and more so the artists whom used to be the mainstay of their listening audience.

Power to the People!!!

Redthunder>>>

P.S.
Your response is very much appreciated, also I would like to send a shout out to all of you who are in the lab everyday or writing on the bus or in the bathroom while doing other paperwork or what ever. Keep your head up it will pay off eventually!

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
Much respect to this post. Though I have never lived in Portland...I see your comments echoed in the comments of others who do. I wish there was some sort of collective conscious within the Hip-hop community these days but sadly, there is little or none.

I'm curious as to who you are exactly and what made you decide to voice your opinion here at the siccness. Whatever the answer...welcome to the spot and thanks for putting it out there like you see it!
Respect!
Nick

Nov 30, 2002
why not get yourself to the point where you can be the person lickin ya own fingers clean?

yeah it sucks, and i agree with what you sayin, but its not going to change. ever. its how life is, so we got to deal with it.

dont catch the ass end of it, leave it for someone else and help who you can in the process... THATS what pays off!

Feb 21, 2003
www.myspace.com
Ronnie, I started to read your post but as usual you are all over the place with your psychobabble as you are outside this keyboard & mouse.

Quit living in the past with your reminiscing about how Portland used to be or life in general, you are in the here and "now" deal with it as inasense stated because that is life!

May 13, 2006
I remember back in tha day listenin to KBOO on sundays fo DJ Fresh an tha Fresh Connection. When Cool Nutz was jus comin up, listenin to "Playavision". I was I could Find that song. I still got my Jus Family," Aint' Nuthin but tha Family" disc.

Apr 16, 2008
I had arranged a deep reply to all of your comments above but as with anything worth reading it was never allowed on the god damned internet. It is funny to me that so much energy can be put into something as negative as most shit these days yet when I try and send some sort of response the ghosts in the machine censor my shit. It is strange to me that even the writings about my son are not posted. What a damn shame.

I also think it has to do with not staying connected long enough to finish what the fuck I have to say. Oh well I guess I will write in incriments next time, until then peace and love.

Oh yeah Drew and Norm if you do not like what I have to say, you can take a polish sausage dog in your prison wallets and stash some corn starch up there too, just incase you all are still dealing with you anal seepage you had mentioned in the last expose' you were in. Peace out wenches!

Apr 16, 2008
I am just someone who gives a shit about the up and coming artists in this area. Besides that, Why do you ask?

I smell an air of discernment in your computer scripted tone of voice sir.

Do you disagree with what I am saying or not?

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
Obviously educated...obviously grown...obviously genuinely concerned...dude seem to be straight to me. Glad all the above is directed in the right directions. Take notes children! Collective energy is the only solution. NEVER SETTLE FOR ANYTHING IN LIFE......EVER!

Bomb Dropped Gods!
ONE!

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Let's talk turkey, Dogsoldier. Let's me and you have a discussion. For all intents and purposes, consider me your opponent; in reality, I share the vast majority of your viewpoints, but our methodologies are in direct opposition to one another. I believe two systems can exist side by side, one local music pipeline that feeds into a larger major music infrastructure; you seem to believe that only a parallel system will work. Thus, this challenge.

I will begin with these two quotes:

But most of the artists here in P-town have either been working their asses of to attain greatness and push a great product!
those corporate gangsters who try and tell everybody what is hot and what is not. Those bitches can eat a dick! Coming in here eating up all the fair market in radio with their waste of breath music and talk radio programming.
Friend, it sounds to me you're doing exactly the same thing "they" are doing: characterizing a certain set of music as "great" and "superior", without one shred of evidence other than the fact that its local, therefore, superior. This is the same circular logic that mass media companies push: if its on radio/tv, it must be good...otherwise, it wouldn't be on the radio/TV. You do the opposite: if its good, it probably isn't on radio/TV; because only crap is on radio/TV.

if i press you hard enough (or with minimal effort, really), you'll readily admit that not all songs on the radio/tv are crap. If i push you even harder, you'll admit that the great majority of songs on the radio/TV are the result of hard-working artists who finally made it, and that the label marketing is no fault of their own--it's just business. If I'm a label CEO, and you ask me: "Would you rather your artists hot new song get played twice per hour with little or no local/catalog music mixed in, or once every two hours to accommodate more local/catalog music?"--- I'd have to be on crack cocaine to not want my artist played more.

Going back up to the top, I agree we need to create a pipeline. I'm working on my own website now, and I encourage other artists to work on their own. I'm not interested in putting up the capital or developing it, but I'm sure someone out there could make a Web 2.0 NorthWest HipHop site (facebook for rappers, if you will). In the meantime, I'll continue work on my shit, which will get the word out there.....then it'll be a matter of putting together quality albums and doing good marketing/promo/sales.

Holler.

P.S. There are no ghosts on the machine here. Shit happens. Copy/paste your shit into notepad before posting. If it doesn't go through......copy paste it from notepad into here. Eventually, it will post. After that, nobody cares about deleting your shit. Trust me. I've said some outlandish shit on here, and nothing ever gets deleted unless its going after a Moderator (or someone they know) personally, posting up private/sensitive/prison information, and other things like that. Feel free to rage against the machine all you want.

Apr 16, 2008
Going backto what I was originally saying in the initial post:

It is not that I do not support all larger aspects of music, my point was simply to give light to all the artists who make good music. let us not forget that the ones who make the decisions don't always have it right either. And about that pipeline you speak of what happens when the well runs dry? see that is the usual glutton mind set of an a typical american, they always expect shit to be there. The oil, the food, the necessities of life but as usual with all the bullshit in this country the only ones the corporations look out for is themselves, not the consumer even thought they'd like you to think they do. and then when they don't get their way they go elsewhere and kill other for there shit so as to have more until all are killed and all is gone or poisoned.

Same as the music we hear today. Mind you I do not speake of the underground in such a condescending way just the mainline shit. If there is one thing I know and you can ask anyone who knows me, it is music.

Look brother, "music is music." Like I said. First of all most of the teeny bopper bull shit they play on 95.5 is just that! BULL SHIT! Z100 too! It was just like Trick Daddy said, "yeah I make radio cuts once in a while, but the majority of my shit will never get no play on the air waves. Mainly because the corporations don't wanna hear them hard ass cuts that spit a real motha fuckin message!"

Now, if you way out most of the shit you hear on the radio today, it is fucking GARBAGE! Nuff said.

In my town I wanna hear the real shit! Not some watered down pussyfied version of an original cut. I do not want to hear a half assed song with no depth in lyrical content. And I certainly do not want to hear about mother fuckers who say they put in work when they are simply recycling other real musicians concepts!

Whew Superman! Fuck that shit!

Tell me something bro. Think back real hard. Mid to early 90's, Fugeez released the score. It was good. It wasn't the best, but it was good enough to satisfy the majority of listeners, same with Cypress hill, same with Warren G, Same with Snoop, and so on. yeah you can flip through the dial back and forth all day long and maybe, just maybe you will find about a third of what is new to be relatively good, other than that.

Where the fuck is the NON STOP, or the COOL NUTZ, or the JSK, or the who ever. Point is, no one in this 66% Amerikka's whitest town, sitting on top really gives a fuck about the starving artists, if they did it would show like a shit stain in the underwear. Even if the majority of indie arists do work their collective asses off!

I appreciate your response to this post because I like to see all aspects of people and their thoughts. Your response is intelligent and well thought out, besides the adversary part. I would rather it remain savvy. I think comprimise is a good part of the democracy in music or elsewhere.

But I am willing to bet dollars to euros that it will take all of us to change the over all aspect of commercialized radio. And when we do take the reigns it will satisfy all of us not just those who don't know...

Apr 16, 2008
Oh yeah I don't back peddle for any reason. I just feel it is time to rise up and help all of us to take our place at the helm of our own ship and navigate the choppy waters until we can land on the solid ground of reality. The media these days had the majority convinced that G.W. won the last two elections, YEAH FUCKING RIGHT! That is like walking up to a prostitute and asking for a free blow job. IT will never happen.

Likewise shit can change, it changes all the time and a defeatist mentallity is not the way to do it. Kicking ass and taking names is the only way to make it today, cause a real mother fucker ain't afraid to say shit when they smell it.

Leonard Peltier, Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Bob Marley, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin,
John Lennon, Biggie, Pac, Malcom X, Dr. Martin Luther King, Bobby and John F. Kennedy etc. they all either died, were executed or were imprisoned, with a clear and concise message to continue to oppose the savage beasts and the liars in this fucked up world.

"while the mute proclaim their glories, deaf man listened closely as he danced, seeing in to pictures blind man painted. The Mother goose and the Brothers Grimm laugh knowingly up their sleeves. The grown ups are the childrens children, captured and taught what to believe. Sampling, Fables and other Realities..." (John Trudell)

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Going backto what I was originally saying in the initial post:

It is not that I do not support all larger aspects of music, my point was simply to give light to all the artists who make good music. let us not forget that the ones who make the decisions don't always have it right either. And about that pipeline you speak of what happens when the well runs dry? see that is the usual glutton mind set of an a typical american, they always expect shit to be there. The oil, the food, the necessities of life but as usual with all the bullshit in this country the only ones the corporations look out for is themselves, not the consumer even thought they'd like you to think they do. and then when they don't get their way they go elsewhere and kill other for there shit so as to have more until all are killed and all is gone or poisoned.

Same as the music we hear today. Mind you I do not speake of the underground in such a condescending way just the mainline shit. If there is one thing I know and you can ask anyone who knows me, it is music.

Look brother, "music is music." Like I said. First of all most of the teeny bopper bull shit they play on 95.5 is just that! BULL SHIT! Z100 too! It was just like Trick Daddy said, "yeah I make radio cuts once in a while, but the majority of my shit will never get no play on the air waves. Mainly because the corporations don't wanna hear them hard ass cuts that spit a real motha fuckin message!"

Now, if you way out most of the shit you hear on the radio today, it is fucking GARBAGE! Nuff said.

In my town I wanna hear the real shit! Not some watered down pussyfied version of an original cut. I do not want to hear a half assed song with no depth in lyrical content. And I certainly do not want to hear about mother fuckers who say they put in work when they are simply recycling other real musicians concepts!

Whew Superman! Fuck that shit!

Tell me something bro. Think back real hard. Mid to early 90's, Fugeez released the score. It was good. It wasn't the best, but it was good enough to satisfy the majority of listeners, same with Cypress hill, same with Warren G, Same with Snoop, and so on. yeah you can flip through the dial back and forth all day long and maybe, just maybe you will find about a third of what is new to be relatively good, other than that.

Where the fuck is the NON STOP, or the COOL NUTZ, or the JSK, or the who ever. Point is, no one in this 66% Amerikka's whitest town, sitting on top really gives a fuck about the starving artists, if they did it would show like a shit stain in the underwear. Even if the majority of indie arists do work their collective asses off!

I appreciate your response to this post because I like to see all aspects of people and their thoughts. Your response is intelligent and well thought out, besides the adversary part. I would rather it remain savvy. I think comprimise is a good part of the democracy in music or elsewhere.

But I am willing to bet dollars to euros that it will take all of us to change the over all aspect of commercialized radio. And when we do take the reigns it will satisfy all of us not just those who don't know...

Well running dry......Certain things don't never run out. Never. Local music is one of them. Football/basketball/baseball players is another. Teachers, you might argue that one....then again, if you lower the state requirements enough, you could have tens of thousands of people with bachelor's (or even master's), but no formal teaching experience, who would step up to the plate. Back to the point......no, the pipeline doesn't dry up. There will always be product. The question is, will there be a pipeline that is, first of all, built, and second of all, maintained. (Don't talk to me about American gluttony. Leave the left-winger talk for DailyKos or some other site where they'd appreciate it.)

"yeah I make radio cuts once in a while, but the majority of my shit will never get no play on the air waves. Mainly because the corporations don't wanna hear them hard ass cuts that spit a real motha fuckin message!"

Oh really? Let's look at the lyrics at one of Mr Trick Daddy's recent underground hits.

See good pussy
Will bring the freak out ya
But if you eat it and don't get cheated
The first off I beat the breaks off her
No sense in half-steppin'
Get serious
Get the titties suckin' like
Clit rubbin' and ass grabbin'
I eat that pussy ass backwards
A few strokes of this long warm tongue
Should make the pussy cum
So much for round one
I spend a whole round two and back again
Stick in move
Stick in move
Yeah, thats real rebel music right there. That goes straight into the big corporations' pocketbooks. Real positive message right there. "Make the pussy cum" indeed! Fight the power!" -- You can't honestly believe half this stuff you're saying. Whats your angle?

Again, it's like.....i know you don't believe this stuff. For one, Syko/Nonstop LP should be out TODAY....IN STORES...and they should both be touring like crazy. Not cooped up in some different house, different city, different days of the week, working with different random ass artists, "networking"....when all they're going to get out of it is maybe trading a stack of beats for a C-Bo or Bun B or Nelly or blah blah blah feature to slap on the front artwork. WHO THE FUCK CARES? NOBODY. NOT RADIO STATIONS. NOT NEW LISTENERS. ONLY FANBOYS WHO WOULD BUY THE ALBUM EVEN IF IT WAS ALL SOLO TRACKS! Man....I had to get that off my chest. Seriously, that shit is getting old. I can't really blame them, the infrastructure around here is in tatters.

If you want to pre-order the new Jay-Z, or Rick Ross, or Lil Flip, where do you go? One of a dozen websites like Amazon or FYE. But if you want to pre-order a local artists' CD....you're handing your money over to some random person based on the fact they may or may not release the album this calendar year...or next. In the meantime, you look like an asshole if you ask for a refund because you're tired of waiting. And to the artist, they already have your money, so why rush? And to top off this shitty scenario, even if you do get the sale, NOBODY gets the Soundscan because it isn't reportable.

It's 1,563 little things like this that add up to a ginormous hole in our scene that isn't being filled. No Soundscans. No pre-orders. No 20-store mom-and-pop network. No solid footing, it's nothing but landslides.

And then it's wondered why these artists don't get radio play. "So you sold 5,000 copies of your last album? Really? Says who? Because SoundScan says you've only sold 13 copies."

Commercial Radio isn't going anywhere, and you, me or that guy over there won't take it over--not all of us together, not 150,000 of us together. Once Local Music starts making money (instead of losing it, by the bucketloads)...play will begin. Once you can have a semi-major artist and ONE or TWO local acts (not fucking FIFTEEN) sell out a venue like the Showbox, you'll know the corner has been turned.

(I apologize if i don't sound cordial and friendly right now, but that shit just isn't happening. If we're on the same page, we'll drift in the same direction no matter what, if not, it is what it is.)

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Oh yeah I don't back peddle for any reason. I just feel it is time to rise up and help all of us to take our place at the helm of our own ship and navigate the choppy waters until we can land on the solid ground of reality. The media these days had the majority convinced that G.W. won the last two elections, YEAH FUCKING RIGHT! That is like walking up to a prostitute and asking for a free blow job. IT will never happen.

Likewise shit can change, it changes all the time and a defeatist mentallity is not the way to do it.
Kicking ass and taking names is the only way to make it today, cause a real mother fucker ain't afraid to say shit when they smell it.

Leonard Peltier, Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Bob Marley, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin,
John Lennon, Biggie, Pac, Malcom X, Dr. Martin Luther King, Bobby and John F. Kennedy etc. they all either died, were executed or were imprisoned, with a clear and concise message to continue to oppose the savage beasts and the liars in this fucked up world.

"while the mute proclaim their glories, deaf man listened closely as he danced, seeing in to pictures blind man painted. The Mother goose and the Brothers Grimm laugh knowingly up their sleeves. The grown ups are the childrens children, captured and taught what to believe. Sampling, Fables and other Realities..." (John Trudell)
First......that Trudell quote is a load of hot garbage. Dude was probably high out of his mind when he thought it up. It's not profound. It's not complex. It's a quotable and nothing more, no real substance, nothing that can motivate. It's coffee table shit that belongs in some tattered book under an ashtray full of cigarette butts and next to a glass of orange juice. There's reality for you.

Second of all, you say something will "never happen", then the next thing out of you is about how we shouldn't have a defeatist attitude. You gotta be a little more careful with your words. It's one thing to be a long-shot, or to take a lot of work.....it's another to "never happen" or truly be "impossible".

As for the rest, don't get it confused. Local Music is no different than Local Basketball, or Local Opera. You think Opera fans don't do the high-and-mighty act, and feel like Sarah Williams of Tacoma, WA "could shit on any of those hacks at the Met"? Framing the debate like you are, you're destined to fail. This isn't George Bush v Local Artists, this is Amazon.com vs _____ (NOTHING! Cuz we ain't got shit). This is Kube93 earning thousands a month in advertising revenue for playing a established artists vs maybe $832.12 for playing local artists.

This isn't "us" vs "them"......this is WALLET-DRIVEN PROFITS versus SELF-PROCLAIMED PROPHETS. There is no great savior of local rap, or 12 apostles of NorthWest hip-hop. There's no pharoah to shout down. Hard work and hard work alone (not hard arguing, or hard complaining, or hard organizing [organizing to do WHAT, by the way, argue and complain?]) will get us what we need.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
I saw u mention my name and thought if throw this lil jewel out there... Neither I nor him are cooped up in some house networking in order to gain a feature for a stack of beats... I'm in atl working on two different major placements, both bigger then the twista one, and in talks about a publishing deal, and my production company is in talks about a lable deal (basement beats) thru capitol.... Among other things, but I can't give more details about stuff until the ink is dry... I'm eating like this, why would I waste my time making a local album and strive to sell 15,000 copies locally, when I can place a beat and have them do the work while I rake in the money and put it up so I can push an album on my own? I mean, I love rap, (plan on releasing more albums later down the road) but not enough to turn down money I see from production at this point in my career... I got to get my weight up in the industry one way or another, and this is the path thats been presented to me... Not the do-27-shows-a-month-for-next-to-nothin-and-release-12-albums route...