What if ...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
What if the 90's Bay Area sound got popularized in today's mainstream by another region (not in Cali)? Would Bay Area producers all of a sudden go back to that sound or would they stick to biting Lil Jon?

Sep 5, 2004
www.GORILLAPITS.com
LIL JON? AINT NO ONE BITIN THAT FOOL, I THINK THE BAY STEP THEY GAME UP A WHOLE LOT ON THEY BEATS.....NOT SAYIN THE MOBSHIT WASNT COO BUT WE GOTTA KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES YA DIGG....BUT YEA I DONT REALLY FEEL THAT SOUTH SHIT BUT LIL JON BE HAVIN SOME SLAPS SOMETIMES

Oct 1, 2005
The Last Word said:
What if the 90's Bay Area sound got popularized in today's mainstream by another region (not in Cali)? Would Bay Area producers all of a sudden go back to that sound or would they stick to biting Lil Jon?
So B-Legit comes out with a southern style disc and all the sudden the entire bay is BITING lil jon? Nobody in the Bay is making anything that sounds like lil jon and thank god for that! Im so fucking tired of that Wildin out in the club WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! SHIT. And whats the fascination with lil jon anyways. He uses simple 808 kicks and the same tired ass clap all the time, with his punk ass screaming the entire cd. People want to bite that? $hort was using the same kicks in the mid 80's jr. By the way, do u know who put lil jon on????.....................................................strangely enough it was that boy Todd Shaw....take your biting whining to the southern room

Nov 8, 2004
www.turfquake.com
ItsMeZ said:
So B-Legit comes out with a southern style disc and all the sudden the entire bay is BITING lil jon? Nobody in the Bay is making anything that sounds like lil jon and thank god for that! Im so fucking tired of that Wildin out in the club WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! SHIT. And whats the fascination with lil jon anyways. He uses simple 808 kicks and the same tired ass clap all the time, with his punk ass screaming the entire cd. People want to bite that? $hort was using the same kicks in the mid 80's jr. By the way, do u know who put lil jon on????.....................................................strangely enough it was that boy Todd Shaw....take your biting whining to the southern room
too short put lil jon on?
i never knew that

i thought it was his days of grinding with so so def.. and those bass tapes that he was putting out with those luke-type joints

how did too short put lil jon on?
i'd really like to know

Oct 1, 2005
Back when $hort moved to Atl. (i heard rumors he was pretty much pushed out the Bay too, but i know nothing about that for sure) he made a disc called Nationwide: Independance Day and had a track w/ lil jon & the eastside boys. Im pretty sure lil jon was doing nathane at that point. True, he was grindin for so so def for a long time but that wasnt going to go anywhere. If JD wanted him on, he wouldve been on. Then after the $hort disc it was pretty much a collabo from then on. Im not saying $hort gave jon all he needed but he was always there as a partner and promoter to lil jon. $hort knew anything and everything about doing it big cuz he was a godfather to that shit. Then he moved to the A and pretty much did it all over again from a different angle.

Sep 5, 2004
www.GORILLAPITS.com
ItsMeZ said:
Back when $hort moved to Atl. (i heard rumors he was pretty much pushed out the Bay too, but i know nothing about that for sure) he made a disc called Nationwide: Independance Day and had a track w/ lil jon & the eastside boys. Im pretty sure lil jon was doing nathane at that point. True, he was grindin for so so def for a long time but that wasnt going to go anywhere. If JD wanted him on, he wouldve been on. Then after the $hort disc it was pretty much a collabo from then on. Im not saying $hort gave jon all he needed but he was always there as a partner and promoter to lil jon. $hort knew anything and everything about doing it big cuz he was a godfather to that shit. Then he moved to the A and pretty much did it all over again from a different angle.
yea i was choppin it up with Goldy's lil brother one time and he said lil jon work for short at his studio, even dumpin the garbage and all that....i guess like he was doin whatever to get in the studio, but that shit paid off...

Apr 19, 2005
ItsMeZ said:
This has nothing to do with B-Legit you moron. Listen to the bay shit that they play on KMEL man.

I'm not a Lil Jon fan by any means - I can't stand his music. I respect that he's carved his own niche though. His music just aint my cup of tea. I've followed this Bay Area shit for 15 years and I know what's going on. I use my ears. You ask if people wanna bite Lil Jon... YES THEY DO! You know why? It's the same reason producers out here who never sampled in their whole lives started sampling after Kanye West got big. It's the same reason local rap artists tell they're producers to "Make some Dr. Dre shit" or "Make some of that Neptunes shit". It's the same reason you have fifty-eleven (that means a lot) Rick Rock imposters in the bay area right now. It's the same reason every producer in America with a sampler sampled that clap from "In Da Club" or that snare the Neptunes used on most of their early hits. They want to sound mainstream - imbecile!

If you only knew who you were talking to....

Sep 30, 2005
The Last Word said:
This has nothing to do with B-Legit you moron. Listen to the bay shit that they play on KMEL man.

I'm not a Lil Jon fan by any means - I can't stand his music. I respect that he's carved his own niche though. His music just aint my cup of tea. I've followed this Bay Area shit for 15 years and I know what's going on. I use my ears. You ask if people wanna bite Lil Jon... YES THEY DO! You know why? It's the same reason producers out here who never sampled in their whole lives started sampling after Kanye West got big. It's the same reason local rap artists tell they're producers to "Make some Dr. Dre shit" or "Make some of that Neptunes shit". It's the same reason you have fifty-eleven (that means a lot) Rick Rock imposters in the bay area right now. It's the same reason every producer in America with a sampler sampled that clap from "In Da Club" or that snare the Neptunes used on most of their early hits. They want to sound mainstream - imbecile!

Goin through a lil ego trip right now?

Oct 1, 2005
The Last Word said:

This guy is talking about dudes biting the clap from In Da Club and snares from the Neptunes...............Check all my past posts and determine if u think I know what Im talking about or not......I really dont know what to say to u

Apr 19, 2005
ItsMeZ said:
This guy is talking about dudes biting the clap from In Da Club and snares from the Neptunes...............Check all my past posts and determine if u think I know what Im talking about or not......I really dont know what to say to u
Past posts don't really mean anything to this particular thread, duke.

I started off the thread on one topic and you took it somewhere else, talking about B-Legit. Who said anything about B-Legit?

You're not trying to get my point, and IT'S ALL GOOD.

peace

Oct 1, 2005
The Last Word said:
Past posts don't really mean anything to this particular thread, duke.

I started off the thread on one topic and you took it somewhere else, talking about B-Legit. Who said anything about B-Legit?

You're not trying to get my point, and IT'S ALL GOOD.

peace
We'll be happy with disagreeing I guess....Ive just never heard anyone comparing the Bay to lil jon at all until ' Block Movement' came out...Now all the sudden people say the Bay is southern....We'll just keep bumpin that Bay in any aspect!.......................Keep It Movin Yay!

Apr 19, 2005
In all seriousness though, it aint about the bay being southern. It's just the choices in sounds the producers are making when they make their beats. A lot of these cats are putting their own twist on what Lil Jon has done but a lot of these cats outright bite the man. The radio plays it cause it sounds like something mainstream, because it sounds like Lil Jon.

Lil Jons sound is pretty amateurish musically and is easily emulated. Plus ... IT'S SUCCESSFUL. Anything successful in the music business that's easily reproducable will get bitten QUICK. You don't see cats biting Scott Storch though. Cause THAT CAT is a musician. A lot of these new booty producers couldn't play chop sticks if their lives depended on it, lol...

peace dawg