What Gear Was Dre Using in His Death Row Days?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2002
Just always been curious as to what he was working with in his chronic - all eyez on me days..anyone have any idea or reconize the sounds he was fucking with?

Oct 10, 2004
dr dre is my favorite producer all time but to be honest hes the most overlooked beat biter there is he samples shit we havent even herd and calls it his

Oct 10, 2004
he sapmles alot man almost every radio single hes ever produced had a sample in it wether you reconize it or not aint nothing at all wrong in sampling and dr dre is still king of beats!!!!!!!!!

Aug 12, 2002
Actually Dr. Dre hardly ever uses a sample of a song (besides drums hits). The majority are replayed by musicians so that the song can be sequenced differently and so that he can have more control over the mix.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
bumpus said:
Actually Dr. Dre hardly ever uses a sample of a song (besides drums hits). The majority are replayed by musicians so that the song can be sequenced differently and so that he can have more control over the mix.
its kinda ironic because the last time Dre was in trouble for sampling was from sampling drums...

Nov 14, 2002
DJ Mark 7 said:
What bumpus meant was drum SOUNDS....like individual snares, kicks etc....But yeah that "So Contagious" did get em in some hot water
thats fuck up cause dj quik was the one who sampled the track but dr dre didnt clear it.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
suspect#1 said:
i miss when west coast producers sample....
theres a few coast producers who sample...there just in the underground

DJ Mark 7 said:
What bumpus meant was drum SOUNDS....like individual snares, kicks etc....But yeah that "So Contagious" did get em in some hot water
i knew what he meant i just wanted to mention that sample issue because that shit was hella blatant. he shoulda chopped it or layered it or something.lol