What does the bay have to offer other than slang?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
I think this is a legitimate question ...

I think people get so uptight about our slang gettin jacked because they feel that's all we got to take us nationwide.

Maybe this is all the bay has to offer. We sure don't have sales or any hit records to speak of. :cry:

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
The Bay (just like the NorthWest--Seattle, Portland, etc) needs more constantly-updated universal websites. That is, all-inclusive hip-hop sites that you can point everyone to at shows, get-togethers and so on. Most of the ones out there now are frauds, with minimal news sections and mostly lame album reviews and "interviews", which look more like e-mail chats than anything useful. Fans need to feel like, if they were to go on a 3-week vacation to Europe, they could come back, go to the website, and catch-up on 100% of what they missed. Anything less is unacceptable.

Solid shows are also a must. And the people must feel safe going to them. And we can't forget, stop it with that one-hour-outside-the-city bullshit. Pay the extra money and do it in a convenient place. That way, maybe someone other than Rappers and your Family Members will show up to see you perform.

Mixtapes. NY-Style (stop it with putting Paul Wall and Jay-Z on your shit. KEEP IT BAY!). Spread all over the place. The people need to know that DJ ____ always has that hot shit, and that if you make it to a DJ ____ mixtape, then you are going places. As of right now, the people have no clue what the real is, and just have to take everyone's word for it. That only works so many times before they get burned and say "Fuck it!"

What does the Bay have to offer?

All of the above and more. They just need someone to get on the ball, quit fucking around, drop their pride, stop trying so hard to be "down", and get to work. The Bay personality cannot be fucked with. Arrogant and cocky yet down-to-earth and insanely creative at the same time. Forget time--it's only a matter of determination.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
what does the bay have to offer.... hmmmm
heres what we've offered in the past

clint eastwood
tom hanks
pointer sisters
hammer
tupac (got his start here in marin)
digital underground
mac dre
oakland raiders
oakland a's
49ers
green day
hells angels
black panthers
creadence clear water
too short
e-40 and b-legit
zodic killer
jeff gordon
chaucey banks (the greatest human who ever lived)
mob figaz
dj pimp
mike mosley
rick rock
jefferson airplane
journey
greatful dead
santana

honestly this list could go on for 50 pages, but i'm tired. my point is, the bay area has always been a hotbed for talent and will continue to be for as long as the planet spins. as far as i'm concerned, some of the dopest rappers and musicians alive or dead are from the bay.
from the music industry, to poetry, science, arts, dance, culture, the bay is a leader in all fields and anyone from the bay should be real proud of that... i wear my 707 roots as a badge of honor wherever i go...
holla if you hear me.

Nov 1, 2005
no doubt^^......but its time fer us to show wut we got now...and we need to push that to tha fullest....its crazy that we got a shitload of singles that could definitley get airplay but don't...I'm glad i lost tha antennae to my car cuz I go to school in L.B. and the stations in L.A. play either tha same tired radio shit...rite now its always fukkin Run It or My Humps...or they play whack ass shit that should be replaced wit sum Bay Slapperz....

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i love my cds.....

i cant stand the radio....in central valley they play sooper hyphy, club talk, that MD song wit keak an iza kaine an also that mista fab track. so thats cool

Sep 24, 2004
Dirty Shoez said:
The Bay (just like the NorthWest--Seattle, Portland, etc) needs more constantly-updated universal websites. That is, all-inclusive hip-hop sites that you can point everyone to at shows, get-togethers and so on. Most of the ones out there now are frauds, with minimal news sections and mostly lame album reviews and "interviews", which look more like e-mail chats than anything useful. Fans need to feel like, if they were to go on a 3-week vacation to Europe, they could come back, go to the website, and catch-up on 100% of what they missed. Anything less is unacceptable.
I didnt want to quote the rest of your post but your on point. U should post more often.

Aug 20, 2004
ItsMeZ said:
ya the bay offers slang...................................what is rap from anywhere else offering?.....not even that much.
Uhhhhh....maybe talent over gimmicks???The Bay seems to be caught up in gimmicks at this point...with the whole "thizz" and "hyphy" thing...as well as trynna use slang as an exscuse to be "good rappers"..

NY has more talent in the Brooklyn and Bronx than the every city put together in the Bay...

May 15, 2002
^^true. How about some specifics, folks? I haven't been impressed by bay music for a looong time now.

The bay has hustle. What is that supposed to mean?

I think the bay "offers" too many rappers. And I think that is directly related to its downfall.

May 5, 2005
Gringo Starr said:
Uhhhhh....maybe talent over gimmicks???The Bay seems to be caught up in gimmicks at this point...with the whole "thizz" and "hyphy" thing...as well as trynna use slang as an exscuse to be "good rappers"..

NY has more talent in the Brooklyn and Bronx than the every city put together in the Bay...

You about to get flamed by the dillusional idiiots on here. This is real talk. The bay has weak beats, too many fake new york rip off mix tapes with sub par rappers making bay versions of already popular songs. Shits corny. If you gonna rap over other peoples beats make it hotter than the original not corny like, "GO DUMB" what is that? Nobody wanna hear that outside of the bay. The bay needs better rappers and better beats with nationwide appeal. Period. No other region needs to make posts like this. Its always the bay thats confused as to why they cant blow up. Its because out here there's piles and piles of garbage and yalls favorite rappers will not appeal to anybody outside the bay in mass numbers

Oct 30, 2005
what the bay has to offer?!? C'mon Now....

its not a matter of what the Bay has to offer but rather what infuence has the Bay Area had on the rap game from Coast to Coast?? if i recall the Old school South rap was about killing,mafia,etc... (scarface, ghetto boys) atl wasnt even in the picture back then. east coast was on some fast lyrics shit with so so beats and the midwest wasnt even in the picture either, As for the Bay, We've been on this Pimp shit, Independent hustle since the late 80's and aint a damn thing changed!! Now The East to the Dirty South is using that whole Lifestyle to make there hitz all because of what we were doing back then, the only difference is they have the media backing them up and all we have is 2 hip hop stations who just happened to be owned by the Clear Station Channel.To sum everything up, if it wasnt for the bay....white tee's, pop'n collar's, pimp'n, fa-sheezy, going Dumb and independent labels would not be the thing to do!!! any questions??