What Artists do you.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
pretty sure everybody has their own definition but here are some examples of what came to my mind...

MF doom
sage francis
aceyalone
brother ali
del
opio
little brother (phonte/pooh)
Zion I

Dec 17, 2004
SiccFucc said:
pretty sure everybody has their own definition but here are some examples of what came to my mind...

MF doom
sage francis
aceyalone
brother ali
del
opio
little brother (phonte/pooh)
Zion I
yup. listening to a healthy distrust right now. one of my fav cds in a while. theres a lot more than these, but thats a good list

have you seen any of these guys live?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I consider hip hop to be:

A Tribe Called Quest
People Under the Stairs
Souls of Mischief
Pharcyde
Common
The Roots
Jurassic 5
Dilated Peoples / DJ Babu
etc.

@ Mista Sinista - What do u mean? U want us to list our favorite DJs and Bboys and Graffiti artists too?

May 15, 2002
Stealth said:
@ Mista Sinista - What do u mean? U want us to list our favorite DJs and Bboys and Graffiti artists too?
What I mean is...whenever you hear people refer to hip hop these days, they only refer to the MC part of it...instead of speaking on what it really is. I feel that its too many people who think hip hop is just music rather than them knowin that its a lot deeper than that.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Yeah - I feel you on that. Being more of a culture or whatever you wanna call it.

I think when Dough-Boy posted this, he was just talkin about the artists though.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
carl winslow said:
yup. listening to a healthy distrust right now. one of my fav cds in a while. theres a lot more than these, but thats a good list

have you seen any of these guys live?
yeah,all of them except zion,ali and doom....

when i think of a real hip-hop artist i just think of somebody that embodies the culture and the art.wether that just be through an attitude or image,or more skilled things like battle rapping and freestyling.my list contains examples of artists that put out hip-hop in it purest form,no bullshit.i could probably list a bunch more,but those are the first that came to my head.i mean,there others like members of the arsonists that graff and do shit like that...but like i said before,everybody is going to have their own definition

Jun 9, 2005
lol, peddi what you doing here fam

real hip hop would be the 5 elements

graffitti, breakin, djayin, emceein, battles

my fav hip hop emcee is Nas

i like Rass kass
Krs-1
Juice
Supernatural
Scarface
Redman

man way to many to name brah

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I never listened to anything by Juice - but I have those Sway and King Tech morning show vinyls and there's a few spits by Juice on there.

The cat can definately freestyle - but at the same time he sounds like he's just trying to rhyme garbage together using really intelligent words that really sound good - but don't provide any real content. Kind of like a retarded Deltron or something. But his freestyling itself is really on point.

I haven't heard much else though - u got any songs to recommend?

Apr 8, 2004
if these are the artist you guys consider "real hip hop", im cool, i dont listen to that shit. in my opinion that shit is weak. i'm not being biased either cause i listen to all kinds of music.. rap, oldies, jazz, reggae, etc...i just listen to that shit cause it doesnt appeal to me

Jun 9, 2005
Stealth said:
I never listened to anything by Juice - but I have those Sway and King Tech morning show vinyls and there's a few spits by Juice on there.

The cat can definately freestyle - but at the same time he sounds like he's just trying to rhyme garbage together using really intelligent words that really sound good - but don't provide any real content. Kind of like a retarded Deltron or something. But his freestyling itself is really on point.

I haven't heard much else though - u got any songs to recommend?

LOL the nigga Albums son...

shit is rediculous, You right hes a Freestyle master but he lost to SuperNatural in 2000

Supernat only lost came from the legend Craig G back in like 1993

But yea get The Juice Album "All Bets Off"

check some previews clips here http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/detail.asp?UPC=CMC01CD

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Contagious Locc said:
if these are the artist you guys consider "real hip hop", im cool, i dont listen to that shit. in my opinion that shit is weak. i'm not being biased either cause i listen to all kinds of music.. rap, oldies, jazz, reggae, etc...i just listen to that shit cause it doesnt appeal to me
well...post what you think is "real hip-hop" then

Apr 8, 2004
i dont think there's a difference between what yall call "hip hop" and "rap"... it all sounds like the same shit to me, spittin lyrics.. i hear alot of people talk about "hip hop culture"... but i dont get into shit that deep. why dont you tell me what real hip hop is because you're the one that's sayin there's a distinction between the two (hip hop & rap). well you didnt say that but you gave a list of artist you consider "real hip hop" so i think its safe to say you think theres a distinction..

Dec 25, 2003
You cant just stick to only one type of rap or hip-hop or one type of music dude; just like me, you gotta have an open mind to every feel & taste to every type of music, not just commercial rap or just gangsta rap or just underground or backpack hip-hop. I listen to virtually everything like reggae, heavy metal, alternative, classical, jazz, new age, cultural, soul, rnb, everything as long as its original, creative, elaborate, & delivers a good feel to it, yadidomean???...

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Contagious Locc said:
i dont think there's a difference between what yall call "hip hop" and "rap"... it all sounds like the same shit to me, spittin lyrics.. i hear alot of people talk about "hip hop culture"... but i dont get into shit that deep. why dont you tell me what real hip hop is because you're the one that's sayin there's a distinction between the two (hip hop & rap). well you didnt say that but you gave a list of artist you consider "real hip hop" so i think its safe to say you think theres a distinction..
just because i put what i thought was real hip-hop doesnt necessarily mean i think there is a distinction between the two...the question could be "what are some artist you consider real rap?" and i would of put the same list...only real distinctions in hip-hop that can be made is maybe between commercial and underground or maybe the difference between more gangsta/materialisitc type rap do more light-hearted/conscious rap. those are the only distinctions that i personally make.hip-hop is every aspect of the culture including "rap"