Westside Bad Boys 2

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
D

Downunda-Connec

They both Bangin. My favourite is the unexpected. GLP ripped that shit...

Feb 19, 2003
Think EVERYTHING from No Limit was "wack?" Think again!

The whole CD's dope...it's a little more polished than the first WCBB was, but it's still a must...as to personal favorites...

"Bangin'"--Westside Connection and Master P--Cube, Mack and Dub were mega-hot in '96/'97 (they had the balls to stand up for Gangsta Rap's right to exist) and P was at the top of his game...a universal track that crossed city boundaries, IMHO...WESSSYYYYYYDE!!!

"Tryin' To Make Ends"--11/5--of a piece w/ their classic second CD A-1 YOLA, this made me proud to be a Bay fan...Maine-O is particularly good...

"Dat'z What I Said"--Brotha Lynch Hung and Company--Lynch at his creepy best...spacious track that you could get high off of w/out the aid of any weed or drink...

"Call It What U Want"--RBL Posse--I had a hard time envisioning RBL living on w/out Mr. Cee, but this funky track gave me hope that Chris and Hitman would be just as dope (they were, on EYE FOR AN EYE and HOSTILE TAKEOVER).

"I.M.G."--E-A-Ski--Just plain dope and menacing. 'Nuff said.

"Mr. Dayton"--Homicide--mainly for the eerie synth track on the chorus...

"Bad Boyz On A Mission"--Master P, Silkk and Big Ed--next time someone says "No Limit's always been wack," play them this track and watch their jaws drop (typical reaction: "THAT'S Master P?!? You're shittin' me! Why doesn't he rap like that nowadays?")

"Breakin' Scrill"--The Delinquents--G-Stack and V-Dal have always come thorough on their solo CDs, but this track has a darkness right in line w/ their BIG MOVES CD that came out a few months later...

"The Unexpected"--The GLP--it took me the longest time to figure out who was rapping on this (I recognized JT, Ive Lowe and San Quinn, but didn't know The Gamblaz), but the detailed verses gave lyrical fanatics much to chew on...shows why Get Low is as legendary as it is for those who don't know...

Well, those are the ones that stand out the most for me, but again, WCBB 2 is a CD that you can basically slap in and play all the way through, w/out skipping any tracks at all.

PEACE!

D

Downunda-Connec

OOPS...

Alright what was your favourite track from westcoast bad boys II.

lol.