WEC 53: HENDERSON vs PETTIS 12/16/10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
My exact words were "holy shit. I have never seen anything like this in mma". Said that to my girl right after it happened. 2 sec later Stephan bonner said the same shit, minus the "holy shit". Mos amazing thing I seen prior to that was Anderson silvas, I guess, "flying elbow" to someone I think in a kotc fight. Knocced him out. Now this SHITS on that. I actually think Henderson mighta EDGED out a decision on this one if it wasn't for that kicc. I think that kicc alone in a highlight reel to someone who doesn't watch mma, will get them interested in watching mma.

Dec 9, 2005
Great card. My boy Chris got RNC'd in the first round...his first career loss. He'll be back.

Of course, the kick was amazing.

Its the greatest strike in either boxing/MMA that I've ever seen.

Apr 25, 2002
San Bruno, Ca
www.myspace.com
WTH, so you don't think Pettis should have gotten the dec.?
fuck NO, just from that kick? Once he laid the kick he still couldn't finish Henderson now if he would have just KO Henderson with the kick that would have been sweet but besides that nothing special!

People jumped on the hype real quick tho and because that he took the title! Lets see how he does int he UFC...lets see if Mr. Jenks follows him! LMFAO

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
fuck NO, just from that kick? Once he laid the kick he still couldn't finish Henderson now if he would have just KO Henderson with the kick that would have been sweet but besides that nothing special!

People jumped on the hype real quick tho and because that he took the title! Lets see how he does int he UFC...lets see if Mr. Jenks follows him! LMFAO
um he was doing work in the other rounds i had it 2 rounds to 2 rounds then gave the 3rd to pettis

Nov 20, 2010
I said it before, but I'll say it again just to even things out here a bit.

It was a cool kick. But if it hadn't landed and knocked Henderson down, people wouldn't be screaming "it was the greatest thing in MMA EVER!!! OMG!!!1!!!"

There'd be more people (maybe not on this site) saying that Hollywood kicks and movie stunts have no place in MMA if that kick hadn't landed.

I think it was a cool kick, and it's amazing he pulled it off. But "the greatest fucking thing ever recorded in MMA history", it was not.

Sorry to shit on your good time. I know this point of view rubs everyone the wrong way because I'm just not a sheep who agrees with what everyone else thinks is cool, but fuck it. I gotta do me.

Pettis did enough to win the decision though.

Dec 9, 2005
^ Hm, what made it so impressive was THAT it DID land and knock him down. Its a move that has never been done before, and it was use effectively on a world class opponent.

What makes it even more impressive is that it was probably the difference maker in the outcome of the very close fight.

Definitely one of the greatest moves I've seen in combat sports. How often have you even seen something like that even attempted? Can't say I have at all.

Jan 7, 2004
I said it before, but I'll say it again just to even things out here a bit.

It was a cool kick. But if it hadn't landed and knocked Henderson down, people wouldn't be screaming "it was the greatest thing in MMA EVER!!! OMG!!!1!!!"

There'd be more people (maybe not on this site) saying that Hollywood kicks and movie stunts have no place in MMA if that kick hadn't landed.

I think it was a cool kick, and it's amazing he pulled it off. But "the greatest fucking thing ever recorded in MMA history", it was not.

Sorry to shit on your good time. I know this point of view rubs everyone the wrong way because I'm just not a sheep who agrees with what everyone else thinks is cool, but fuck it. I gotta do me.

Pettis did enough to win the decision though.

On another note:

Of course everyone likes it because it landed, who the hell talks about a punch/kick if it misses. And of course people would have blasted him for it if it would have missed, that goes in most sports. A team does a play and it works be like it, a team tries a play and it does not work people will have complaints, that's normal. I would have called Pettis Stupid if the kick would have missed and Henderson would have capitalized off of it. It was a risky move, but it worked.

I had Pettis up 2 or possibly even 3 rounds going to the fifth and even without the kick I had him winning the 5th round, the kick was just the topper to insure he got the round. And Henderson has only been finished once in his career and that was a submission, there are guys out there that have a granite chin and it is next to impossible to get a TKO/KO victory over them.

Apr 25, 2002
San Bruno, Ca
www.myspace.com
GSP would still keep defending the title by dry humpage..

A guy could dominate for five rounds and not win because a guy has a great jaw.
No think outside the box! GSP defends in all aspects, he didn't beat Kos by dry humping! If there is going to be a title fight it will make the fight more interesting instead of the fighter always looking at the clock or waste time running! They should also announce who is currently winning the fight after each round since i know they are not going to change the rules might as well add that to the fight!

Jan 7, 2004
Great, it landed. Cool.

OMG Greatest recorded move ever in MMA history?

No.
I was just commenting on the fact that you said you thought it was cool but then added this in "I'm just not a sheep who agrees with what everyone else thinks is cool,"

And if it is not the greatest recorded move ever in MMA, then which do you think takes the crown??

There very well could be a plethra of better recorded moves but none come to mind.

Jan 7, 2004
No think outside the box! GSP defends in all aspects, he didn't beat Kos by dry humping! If there is going to be a title fight it will make the fight more interesting instead of the fighter always looking at the clock or waste time running! They should also announce who is currently winning the fight after each round since i know they are not going to change the rules might as well add that to the fight!
I do agree with that, would be nice. It should be the corner's job to let the fighters know, but seems like the corners are confused at times as well.

May 17, 2004
you act like its so easy to ko or submit the top fighters in each division. and then the champ could just play it safe and make sure they dont get koed or subbed

Jan 7, 2004
Not a fan of open scoring. Because it can create an opportunity for fighters to sit on a lead, and play it safe.
True, that is the bad side of it. On the other hand, if a fighter knows he is down 2 rounds going into the 3rd, he knows he has to finish and he will take the risks to do so.