Web Building Questions?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 24, 2004
str8sickloco.does.it
I was looking threw here and noticed alot of you cats are web builders. I wanted help with a few questions I have. First of all Im self taught and dont know the techinical terms of the trade so please keep answers simple thanks. I wanted to know what software you guys use for secure ordering or shopping carts or is knowing the script the only way? I heard Perl Script was best does anybody have a opinion on this? It just looked very complex. I also wanted some feedback on what you think of some of my work. I did this for Music Mart in San Diego but I was only paid to do the front pages they were supposed to ad pages with equip for sale and link to the buttons I made but they never did. They did change the front page a little (the red font that doesnt match and the font that doesnt match ROLAND VG & GR Workshop featuring Johhny DeMarco
Tuesday August 12th 6:00pm - 8:00 pm.) I didnt do it looks stupid as hell all text is arial and blue or white and they did that text in red and new times roman are what ever its called. And I didnt do the Shop Concerts Page. http://www.musicmartusa.com/
And here is one I did for my brother and his boy (keep in mind they listen to hip hop not hardcore) http://www.redrival.com/sandiegosound/SanDiegoFrameSet.htm
Thanks for your advice and opinions.

Sep 5, 2003
I like the website headers u got on ure sites, Oh n about your question on perl, I no a couple peeps that worked wit that program...n they say its hard to learn, but tight to work wit, so you should try, but u aint gonn get at it right away mayne

Keith

ackright
Apr 22, 2002
Perl's a very secure & stable scripting language if you know what you're doing. I've always heard it has no limits when scripting. But Since you're self taught you might wanna learn some PHP first, as its pretty self-explanatory & easy to learn. A course on webdevelopement/programming could make things alot easier, too. I know I should take one.

Apr 11, 2003
gooeygraphics.com
yeah, i think you're better off starting with php too. its easier especially if you already know javascript. there are a lot of free php shopping carts, but from my experience they take a lot of time to customize and integrate to your site and making it work the way you want it to. but there are free ones out there...