UW Huskies Football

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2004
I heard Steve Sarkasian was in my hometown of Lompoc Cali today talking to the running back of LHS. Not sure how true that is. Any of you guys have any inside information who they are recruiting? Lavon Coleman(2013) is his name. The last running back the Huskies got from Lompoc High School had a solid career at the UDubb.

Dec 29, 2004
Lompoc's Lavon Coleman verbally committed to the Washington Huskies on Friday June 29th, 2012. I can't wait to follow his career at Washington. It's going to be hard to duplicate Lompoc High School's last running back to play for the UW. We shall see!

Dec 29, 2004
I was under the impression that Husky football was on the rise, even before Coleman committed. Could have just been me being biased because I've always had mad love and respect for the Washington Huskies.

May 9, 2002
Dec 12, 2006
I have always respected this rivalry, I always kinda wondered if living in Oregon vs Wash just made you a different person especially if you grew up anywhere around Seattle vs the majority of Oregon, but basically from 1950 to 2000 Oregon won the pac 10 3x, Wash was alot better, where did all the hate come from? Im all for it I just like to know the details

From an outsider the Civil War game seems like a bigger deal than the Apple Cup to the fans but the Apple Cup historically has had greater NCAA implications

Any thoughts on which of those games is bigger?

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Oregon has a new generation of football fans,none older than 35.They have experienced a very good decade,that somehow makes this fanbase forget that football was played before the BCS.Their envy towards UDUBS multiple Rose Bowl wins,and Co National Championship is what fueled this rivalry.The young pale faced, red headed population of Eugene started mouthing of at husky fans that date back to WWII.Phil Knight,their lone fan thru the 70's,80's and most of the 90's is what created Nike U.They have recruited with the Nike Brand very successfully,and use Uncie Phils money to build an impressive football sweatshop....One that will likely go into flames within a few weeks,as the old NCAA is comin a knockin.Paid street agents,among other things etc...Soon they will be back to being the nobodies they were in the 1900's.

As for the Cougs,the Apple Cup has been boring...they had a cute lil 3 year run around 2003...but they suck,its a boring team,and boise st. Should replace them.

Dec 4, 2011
Oregon has a new generation of football fans,none older than 35.They have experienced a very good decade,that somehow makes this fanbase forget that football was played before the BCS.Their envy towards UDUBS multiple Rose Bowl wins,and Co National Championship is what fueled this rivalry.The young pale faced, red headed population of Eugene started mouthing of at husky fans that date back to WWII.Phil Knight,their lone fan thru the 70's,80's and most of the 90's is what created Nike U.They have recruited with the Nike Brand very successfully,and use Uncie Phils money to build an impressive football sweatshop....One that will likely go into flames within a few weeks,as the old NCAA is comin a knockin.Paid street agents,among other things etc...Soon they will be back to being the nobodies they were in the 1900's.

As for the Cougs,the Apple Cup has been boring...they had a cute lil 3 year run around 2003...but they suck,its a boring team,and boise st. Should replace them.
i keep waiting for the ducks ncaa thing to come down. the ncaa still have to deal with the miami thing. miami punishment might becoming next summer. i hate how slow the ncaa moves

Oct 3, 2006

When is the NCAA supposed to crack down on em? Seems like it kind of fell under the radar for the past couple months

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City

lulz. Hi Hater

Mar 11, 2011
Oregon vs Washington > Civil War >>>> Apple Cup

As for Oregon prior to the BCS the Ducks have more pro football HoFers than 96% of D1 football school (Bowl Sub division or whatever the fuck they call it now)