upgrading RAM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2008
yea i need to grab one of them too,refer to the the specs for maya 2008 on the other pages, i need to be able to run that program smoothly

cuz i wanna switch my whole shit over to an avid system without making the big budget invstment for the complete package that avid offers on the market...tryin to cut corners but iam willing to invest a decent amount of cash for it..i just didnt wanna go out and spend 4-5 racks on a brand new system cuz my setup seems to work pretty damn good

May 9, 2002
Shit, i can send you a michine right now that is faster than yours, only 6 months old for $100+ shipping. It wont do anything for you besides browse the net and check e-mail, as it has no burner (just a CD-ROM) and it is a mini-itx machine, so it wont take up hardly ANY space. Let me know if you want it.

Specs:

1.33 GHZ Celeron
1GB DDR2 533 MHz RAM
320 GB Maxtor HDD
slot loading CD-ROM
10/100 LAN

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d201gly/

Here is what the case looks like:

Apr 25, 2002
My PC ain't that bad considering how weak the RAM is.

It does everything I need it to right now. I run photoshop, video games, movies, etc just fine. I was just looking for a quick little upgrade that would cost little, but do a lot.

Once this one reaches the point that it doesn't do what I need it to do anymore I'll get something new. Right now a new PC is just an excessive luxury purchase and a 50" TV is much higher on the list right now.

May 20, 2008
i have this old g-4 im tryin to sale...it has hella programs on it if anybody is interested. 1gb ram i think..nevermind just found my text thing on it

Machine Name: Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
Machine Model: PowerMac3,1
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.6)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 3.2.4f1
Serial Number: XB9434H6HLK
Sales Order Number: M7824LL/A

im to lazy to name drop the software i put on it but it got alot of top of the line shit cuz i do alot of graphics and film work

holla at me if anyone interested..im going to put it on craigslist soon,with the programs on it as a bonus im hopin to atleast touch 700 or better

Jan 5, 2006
sometimes when im running limewire, photoshop, the internet.. and another program and lets say im using the brush on photoshop or resizing an image via transformation.. it kinda lags.. and if im playing a song its all chopped up until i maximize the limewire window or stop doing whatever i was doing on photoshop.

May 20, 2008
i recently lupgraded my computer wit sum shit that compaw had on its website and now i cant play music and run photoshop at the same time without havin lag problems anymore...

May 20, 2008
ima bump this shit because this thread was hella useful for me and i would like to see shit like this stay in rotation, i still havnt made my initial upgrade yet but i want to really do alot of advance 3d modeling work so hopefully the suggested upgrades will put me in a higher rate for it all