Unsign rapper trying to signed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
What it do do i'm from the city of kingz and i been rapping working a making cds for a minute now and i'm trying to get sign to a label is there any one out there that got any hooks up or advise or can helpn me out let me know whats up

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
TyPHooN916 said:
hey Flossalini i'm tring to get a deal.i got music done but how do i post it up on here.
Yeah what Beto said! if you got it in mp3 or wma go to yousendit.com, upload it, then post the link. Getting deals is cool... but expect what you might not be aware of to fuck with your emotions. Don't be too greedy... yet don't be too humble. Don't become disgruntled if a rapper you may think you're better than, is getting more money out his deal when you find out his financial status. That usually happens once you feel that the deal you were givin isn't sufficient enough, and you feel that you've obtained enough knowledge to make faster more direct money by cutting your label out of the picture and going independent. It's a crazy game... and if you in for the fame because you think you can rap... the wrong deal will change your mind. If you in it because you have a message you need to relay to the world... than any outlet is suitable... as long as it's in "your" best intrest! Finding the outlet that fits is the key, because even tho you have a message... times change and people might not be interested in what you have to say... so investors tend to be aware of who's paying attention and decide who should recieve your message. On that note... if I got a satisfaction off of how people reacted to my message... I'd be happy on a bike with a bullhorn spitting my shit to the hood. Than again... bossing up and using your own money works even better! It's your choice...

Jan 18, 2006
i feel u Flossalini. i just love making music u digg. but i'm going to be post some shit up on here real soon. i heard u was a rapper from the DPH. thats whats up thats where i'm from. we need more rapper out there doing it cause all i see is rapper from the south.

Jan 1, 2006
i'd love to be signed too, but only if the money is right, for that to happen an artist like you or myself needs leverage. in order for you to have leverage you need a trackrecord as floss said. that doesn't mean a few tracks, you gotta put ya own money and a lotta hard work in. the streets gotta be feelin you, your fanbase is gonna be your leverage. labels prefer not to waste money to develop an artist.

Jan 28, 2005
Yeah, it takes soundscan numbers really. Majors scoop up about anybody that sells 10K soundscan. But if you doin it that big and you ain't even on a commercial level, my advice is read some music business books and go independent.