Umpire's Blown Call Costs Detroit Pitcher Perfect Game

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
WOW what a horrible missed call by umpire Jim Joyce. He costed Armando Galarraga a perfect game on the LAST out of the game. Damn. 8 2/3 peftect. And it was an Easy call, it wasnt even really close. At least he apologized but that wont change anything.

Jan 18, 2006
holy shit, did not hear about this till now. If that was my team i dont know how crazy i would have went. Thats gay it cant even be overruled

May 3, 2002
I watched that shit as it happened.....that's just a call you don't blow, yeh there's blown calls all the time but when a perfect game is on the line you just don't do it especially with the last out....can't even imagine what went on in galarraga's head....I was waiting for Ashton Kuthcer to come out

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

he should be in the record books as perfect game thrower...they put an Astrix next to it if they want...thats some bullshit...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
yeah and replay or not he blew the call and there's not a single person on earth that can say otherwise. Replay isnt gonna tell u shit but what everyone already knows.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
tha call was ridiculous but at least he owned it after tha game....a lot of officials in every sport would try to stand by their call regardless of if they knew they blew it or not.....it dont take it bacc and it dont make it any more ludicrous but at least he was honest

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
The worst part about it...Jim Joyce ADMITTED to blowing the call. What a douche bot.
he's a douche bot for admitting he blew the call?

explain...

I'd rather see him admit he was wrong. own up to his mistake, and apologize for it... rather not admit it... I think THAT would make him a douche

umpires make blown calls all the time... just like EVERYONE make mistakes in their job... this just happened to be at a bad time to make a mistake

if the guy wasn't about to pitch a perfect game nobody would give a fuck about that blown call...

shit, even the pitcher didn't seem that mad about it... it sucks, but you can't be mad at the umpire

Aug 9, 2006
how can yall get so mad?t humans make mistakes and it was a lot closer in real time then any1 is giving the guy credit for, im glad he admitted his mistake and apoligized, if joyce had the option to go to replay and use it on such a close call considering the situation he probally woulda....the leauge put him in the postion to make an extremly close judgement call and he missed it...

yall crying hella bad and the pitcher didnt smh quit having sexual relations with detriot tiger pitchers

Feb 8, 2006
Bud Selig should reverse the call takeaway the hit and give him the perfect game. Humans make mistakes but the chance to have only the 21st perfect game in all of baseball is a huge accomplishment

Sep 25, 2005
we dont need instant replay............shit happens from time to time...i feel bad for the guy....but the game will move on and so will Gallarraga........

why dont people place part of the blame on Miguel Carbera for going out of his way fielding a routine groundball to the 2nd basemen.........

if Cabrara covers 1st base, the 2nd baseman fields the routine GB and throws to Cabrara at 1st...perfect game over