UK Scene...Verdict.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2005
sicintheheadseb said:
Sup!

Just wana find out how many out there are into the UK scene. Artists such as Task Force, Jehst, Braintax are different but mad fresh.

Let me know what you'll think.

safe

grime = sucks dick. all grime artists suck, dont bother mentioning someone, ive heard of them, ive heard their songs and they suck.

UK rap that aint grime = yall still talk funny and id rather listen to niggas that speak *american* cuz i can tunderstand wtf they sayin.

unless its reggae, then its all good.

Sony

Sicc OG
Nov 3, 2005
I bump some UK shit, it is hard for me to find it though. All those Task Force cats are cool, I got 3 of their mixtapes, a couple of Jehst albums, I just got Sagas of Klashnekoff. Phi Life Cypher is dope also. Those Phi Life tracks A.B.C. and Verbal Wars are ridiculous, especially Verbal wars, those are some of the hardest verses I have ever heard.

Alot of UK cats can shit on the rest of the world lyrically.

Mar 7, 2004
ive never had a problem understanding any type of slang. ive found alot of grime that sucks yeah but there some realy good garage i like and some grime is the shit to. i like deversity and alot of Uk rappers can bring some heat Roots manuva brings some wicked as grime. shit check out anything that comes out of ninja tunes. but i realy have alot of faith in UK rap since one of my boys got me into it.there dudes in the Uk that can rip it better then alot of US rappers.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
gas uno said:
grime = sucks dick. all grime artists suck, dont bother mentioning someone, ive heard of them, ive heard their songs and they suck.

UK rap that aint grime = yall still talk funny and id rather listen to niggas that speak *american* cuz i can tunderstand wtf they sayin.

unless its reggae, then its all good.
cosign - the grime shit sucks and the rest ain't that good either IMO

May 17, 2006
Yeh true Roots Manuva is goood...everyone needs to hear the track Witness(i hop) Not all Uk Hiphop is pure grime, dont get street hiphop mixed up with some poor speed garage mcing cus that is just grime at its worst! Task Force and Jehst are on total different levels. Some of you may like the latest album, from Skinnyman. Oh yeh most reggae suks :lick:

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
the grime scene is very hit and miss but most of the r&b/soul type shit ive been hearing out the uk lately has been on point...

Mar 11, 2005
I like some older stuff like Gunshot, Killa Instinct, London Posse, Hijack and Katch 22.. Newer acts like Roots Manuva, Mitchell Brothers, Kano and Dizzee Rascal are also worth checking out. I don`t really care if you call it grime or rap.

May 17, 2006
Do it said:
Newer acts like Roots Manuva, Mitchell Brothers, Kano and Dizzee Rascal are also worth checking out. I don`t really care if you call it grime or rap.
Yeh who really care what its called, But those artisits are pretty fresh! Anyone heard the first track of the mitchell brothers album...quite randon and funny!

Jun 10, 2005
Klashnekoff will out rap a good deal of these big rappers we got out in the US. His Terra Firma click has major spits.

Lewis Parker is ill on the beats.

UK hiphop is tight, but grime and garage is on some other shit.