UGK LEARNED A LOT FROM THE BAY/ WE CANT FORGET

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
They have always stayed true to what they put out; straight exactly how they wanted it, never changed to waver to a bigger wallets wants. I knew a time where we stuck to the script, always doin our thing and priding ourselves on standing out. Much props to BB for putting out an album that I can honestly say is exactly what I was hoping for. They a staple in the game where you dont do what others want.

I swear the god, the way we are "the Bay", will take us back. Its a revolving circle, just like B-Legit says.....we'll come back into the forefront..."

P.S> Stop the 40 Hatin on Here. I aint been away long, but seen no one give credit to the only person that gave us the chance to get peeped out again. No one else gave a shit about us, till 40 brought the bay back into parascope depth. I know it don't seem like much, but it is. Peace 2 all. Mob Trial 2, sept.....Geah...............

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
Gas One said:
are you drunk?

im just wondering
QUOTE]

Lol....naw not really...just wise enought to keep my mouth shut, and only speak when I think something stands out. If you do not know what im talking out, do your homework on UGK. I think we can learned what we have unlearned from UGK. I will leave it at that.

The other comment deserves no response. Just a plain ignornant statement.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
what do you mean UGK learned alot from the bay? why would i have to do my homework, when you made the thread?

why the mystery?

could you possibly not be so high and mighty and elaborate?

are you seriously trying to say that UGK only stuck to their guns because of the bay?

you must have some deeper hidden meaning..thats why im asking

Jan 1, 2006
Golden Mean Frank said:
If you were too young to see what im saying, ill let these 4 out of 5 show you what the fuck I mean.

Who are those little boys? jk... Crazy seeing them coming up from back then to now. They still put out fire.

Damn that photo is dated 1994

Why's Husalah on some weird hair do shit... O well his music be knocking

Aug 25, 2005
i don't know what you're trying to say about the UGK thing (except that they are consistently on point and never changed up, and you're trying to say the Bay needs to do the same thing, which isn't some mystery or something tough to figure out)...but

i agree you guys put out some of the best music, mob figaz is probably my favorite all-around group of all time alongside the Dogg Pound and the Click, but they need to stop dropping meaningless bullshit albums just to drop them...i mean hus' shit was alright but if he really sat down and got some real quality, FINISHED beats, his shit would be classic...most of the beats on dope, guns & religion were throwaways, most sound unfinished and the sound quality overall was horrible

the only one making real ALBUMS is the Jacka but then he's still doing some on the side BS releases...the Jack of All Trades is unlistenable because of the sound quality

AP.9 is still dropping tight shit, but somehow it seems like it could be better...instead of thinking up some tight lines he takes the easy way out on a lot of lines and says shit a million other rappers have said the same exact way...still one of my favorites just because he broadcasts his emotion thru his voice so well, and always stays gutter...

but anyways, i still continue to listen because no matter what they do, it's tight...but they could be even bigger and more legendary than they already are if they really put their hearts into it (except Hus of course because of his unfortunate situation, I hope he comes out whenever he gets out still tryna spit flame)...

just my opinion...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
MOESES SOULRIGHT THE 2nd said:
" just came back from california kicked it with B-legit
put me up on purple chronic and that hurricane shit"
pimp-c off "MURDER"
so because he smoked and drank with b-legit they learned from the bay?

i fail to see the connection

i lived in SF for 2 years and some change and visit there and oakland every month or so and i didnt 'learn from the bay'..or let me rephrase that..because i DID go to school there.

if i stay true to myself with my art or something and blow up, i didnt learn that from the bay.

im just trying to get golden mean frank to spill the beans on this education schooling ugk got on behalf of the bay

everyone on rap a lot has stuck to their shit including face and devin

shits lightweight disrespectful to bun b and pimp c as grown men to even say ugk learned how to stay true from the bay

thats why i asked if he was drunk

itsall gravy doe golden mean frank is cool with me

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
I just respect them for tha fact that they are old school indy, like the bay was. We used to have our own swagger, and standed out wherever we went. Not the hyphy thing, a little more smooth I think. Man I'm 30 now, but 10-12 yrs ago I'm telling u; if u were from the bay, u had the one up on people as far as game.

People say ugk's career suffered because they would not drop radio friendly songs because that was not their true fanbase.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
honestly frank and dont quote me too hard on this, i believe that was part in fact to pimp c's reluctancy to change up.

i read an interview where they talked about the problems to following up after "big pimpin" because creatively they (or pimp C, mainly) didnt want to go there.

if you men they stayed true to themselves like a lot of people in the bay do, i agree.

i think texas as a whole does the same...theyve all stayed true to their styles.

and texas at a time, was pretty influenced by cali...but not just the bay, cali in general. dj screw has mixtapes that are damn near 70 percent west coast, i even got a ap 9 song screwed and chopped off the "crossing the lines" compilation i believe..not dj screw but an interesting combo to say the least

if you listen to bun b's "trill" he didnt have a problem staying current.

Dec 9, 2003
they also flipped that goldy the mack sample [some BAY shit] they know enuff people out here to have someone from out here in the video their niggas go stealin game. but even worse they act like they made it up. I still have a lil respect for pimp c. but for all the kids that don't know who the wards, richard pryor, max julian, etc are. they sittin back thinkin I choose you is some southern shit.