UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win?

• Rashad Evans

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Lyoto Machida

Votes: 26 49.1%

• Total voters
May 17, 2004
Just watched it again

Gotta give it to Shad though, he took a lot of punishment before he got shut off. It wasn't a one hitter quitter.

He was out on his feet though, he was doin some weird shit during Machida's final flurry and wasn't even protecting himself.
it looked like rashad was saying something too. especially right before that last punch put him down for good.

this is what happens when jardine isnt there to scout his opponent first.

May 10, 2002
it looked like rashad was saying something too. especially right before that last punch put him down for good.

this is what happens when jardine isnt there to scout his opponent first.
He was so out of it already, he didn't know what was goin on. That was his pride talking because he was drunk, lol

Having Jardine fight him first wouldn't have done anything because Evans (eventually) made a very basic mistake and got caught by the same punch that Machida catches EVERYBODY he fights with. I'm pretty surprised that he actually made that mistake.

May 6, 2009
Rashad couldn't get anything off the entire fight. I've heard a couple people saying "he just got caught, happens to everybody". He pretty much got dominated the whole time, it wasn't just "one lucky punch". Hopefully Rampage eats Machida's ass up!

May 6, 2009
Sorry i dont think this is gonna happen....Especially knowing the way Rampage "always" fights.......I mean dude doesnt really even check leg kicks.
For sure. That's what I've been telling people, but I still "hope" it doesn't go that way. Rampage is even more one dimensional than Chuck Liddell. All he does is punch and Machida is very elusive and, as you said, throws great kicks which rampage doesn't check.

Apr 25, 2002
Anyone got a sig worthy KO of that Rashad gettin pumbled. I think Greg Jacksons armor is kinked and his team is getting exposed one by one. GSP is next!!!! I'd like to know how much weeks Rashad trained down in Albuquerque. Evans wasnt too happy getting clocked. I mean they didnt look like brutal haymakers, he took those accurate shots like a G. I give Rashad props for gettin his ass beat like that. I mean I felt bad for him having to hear Joe Rogan saying he has to go back to the drawing board, placing him as far bottom of the barrel as Chuck Liddell.

May 17, 2004
Anyone got a sig worthy KO of that Rashad gettin pumbled. I think Greg Jacksons armor is kinked and his team is getting exposed one by one. GSP is next!!!! I'd like to know how much weeks Rashad trained down in Albuquerque. Evans wasnt too happy getting clocked. I mean they didnt look like brutal haymakers, he took those accurate shots like a G. I give Rashad props for gettin his ass beat like that. I mean I felt bad for him having to hear Joe Rogan saying he has to go back to the drawing board, placing him as far bottom of the barrel as Chuck Liddell.
i dont see greg jacksons fighters getting exposed one by one. he runs a great camp no doubt about it. but i dont care how good he is, hes not gonna have a stable full of undefeated fighters.

Jan 18, 2006
The only reason I give Rampage a chance against Machida is cuz of experience and Machida can be caught just like anyone else and i think Rampage got the best 1 punch knockouts right now. Machida got hit when he was throwing combos against Rashad, its just Rashad doesnt have the type of power to knock foo's out unless he gets everything it.

Feb 12, 2004
Even in that exchange Rashad never connected cleanly on Machida. I can't find the slow mo version, but you can see even in this one that Rashad never landed anything clean. Machida's movement is fucking amazing.

Check this out. Parry the measuring jab, connect with the straight left, dodge the right. Lol it's like he's in the matrix.

Feb 8, 2006
i was going for rashad, but i give Machida his props he fought like a champion i respect dude. rashad will be back tho trust that