UFC 65

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2002
Anybody gonna watch this?? I like Hughes and all but i want St.Pierre to win though. Its gonna be a good night for fights as Tim Sylvia is gonna fight Monson. Brandon Vera is gonna take on Frank Mir. Plus others as well as Nick Diaz fighting good weekend for sports overall...

Feb 10, 2006
how good is Brandon Vera? Never seen him fight. Frank Mir use to be a pimp. Not too sure whos gonna win that one.

Don't really care about the heavyweight Title match. Two Trashy Hillbillies.

Hughes is gonna kill GSP.

Feb 10, 2006
st. pierre gonna win, hoping for a ko from him, i think it will go by dec. frank mir's gonna win he's on a road to redemption for the heavyweight belt, tim slyvia will win by k.o. or tapout...now we'll see if my predictions are right, oh and nicc diaz will win too, he's a savage in the octogon, dude has heart.

Jul 6, 2002
RM211 said:
st. pierre gonna win, hoping for a ko from him, i think it will go by dec. frank mir's gonna win he's on a road to redemption for the heavyweight belt, tim slyvia will win by k.o. or tapout...now we'll see if my predictions are right, oh and nicc diaz will win too, he's a savage in the octogon, dude has heart.

I wish i could agree with u on the Frank Mir he is one of my favorites but his last fight he just looked really out of it and badly out of shape hopefully he gets his sh!t together and wins..as for Sylvia he should win hands down..as for Nick yeah hes another one of my favorites like u said he has heart but someone else who has heart and is about 1 or 2 fights away from Matt Hughes (if he still has the belt) is Diego Sanchez....I didnt know who to root for when Nick and Diego fought....but i think Diego is someone to keep your eye on..just my .02

May 6, 2002
Tim Sylvia by stoppage. Monson has to do 2 things.

1) Get him on the ground. The only way he can do that is if Tim is caught off balance or messes up. Monson cannot willingly take Silvia down.
2) Once on the ground, Monson is going for a sub. He would be nuts to GNP.

Vera has this one. Mir hasn't been the same since the accident. This will more than likely set up Vera vs De Pano. Mir's number is up.

Diaz will win, and more than likely (but I hope not) so will Joe Stevenson.

Jul 6, 2002
714KaliHydro said:
Tim Sylvia by stoppage. Monson has to do 2 things.

1) Get him on the ground. The only way he can do that is if Tim is caught off balance or messes up. Monson cannot willingly take Silvia down.
2) Once on the ground, Monson is going for a sub. He would be nuts to GNP.

Vera has this one. Mir hasn't been the same since the accident. This will more than likely set up Vera vs De Pano. Mir's number is up.

Diaz will win, and more than likely (but I hope not) so will Joe Stevenson.
You were right on all of them Monson had to do that and tried but didnt succeed. And yeah Mir's number is out i still like him but DAMN THAT KNEE HURT!!! As for Nick i didnt get to see that fight here in TX they didnt show it i was kinda mad...and Props to GSP liked that superman punch he threw at the end of round 1...

Results and no you tube links yet...
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.fightCard&eid=297

Oct 5, 2004
^^

i didnt catch it an i aint watched the video yet.. but matt hughes is my fuckin dude, i love that cat hes insane with the take downs an dude is jus STRONG. GSP is a dope up an comer an i know hes beaten hughes before but i jus dont think dudes got the know how. with that said, ima watch this video an ima come back sayin "i told you so" or "damn i guess i dont know what im talkin about".. one the two ha

-2 seconds into this shit- no sound? what the fuck

-3 minutes in- this no sounds really FUCKIN with me.. i even tried to find a vid with sound for like 7 minutes.

-10 minutes in- for yall that watch this.. skip the bullshit, ten minutes is when big john says LETS GET IT ON!

-12:35.. love the groin shot, i think i might be wrong about my decision with hughes due to the fact that matt aint took homie to the ground YET.. thats insane, thats where hughes does his work. an hes tryna stand with dude. i might have a new prediction haha regardless tho i aint changin my shit. you lay the cash down you cant go to the bookie half way thru the rumble an change your shit. so i aint changin my shit now!

-14:48- finally goes to the canvas... i know alot of cats dont like watchin canvas brawls an wanna see muthafuckers get knocked out but i train an i enjoy watchin the technical aspect of MMA an i enjoy the shit out of watchin people tryna find they guard an workin there man. so yea.. FINALLY WENT TO THE GROUND! (on a side note.. hughes did not take it to the ground.. fuckin crazy)

-16:07- holy shit.. is the round over or is the fight over? st pierre straight knocked hughes basically.. the fuck out. i dont know! whats goin on?! stay tuned... more to come same bat time same bat channel

-17:22- round 2 starts.. why? i have no idea, big john shoulda called that shit hughes was OUT. if that first round woulda been an extra 12 seconds longer it woulda been done for hughes.. i love the guy dont get me wrong but i aint gonna say he won a fight (regardless of the outcome) when that shit shoulda already been over.

-18:87- um... "damn i guess i dont know what im talkin about" haha.. holy shit.. this match was insane, i cant believe hughes didnt score a single take down. im pretty sure hughes COULD OF won if he would of went the way he traditionally does with the take downs an grapples and submissions.. perhaps even his ground an pounds. but he didnt. i think hughes tried to make a statement by standin up with st pierre an it cost him. jus goes to show all you up an comers out there stick with your game plan dont fuck around with the hype jus do what YOU DO regardless. hughes COULD of won this fight if he would of done what he does an controlled the tempo an all that.. but he let st pierre pretty much beat the shit out of him

Oct 5, 2004
he didnt get fucked up.. he got worked, he didnt fight his fight. an thats what happens everytime a fighter tries to not fight his fight jus so if he wins he can say "I DIDNT EVEN FIGHT MY FIGHT!" hughes was goin for the glory an got worked.