UFC 167: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks - Saturday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2009
I think George has mental shit goin on. Post fight conference he just said it was personal and then let it slip he's going crazy and can't sleep at nights and after about the 4th time he was asked what he meant by leaving, Dana said that question had to stop and that they'd talk privately. Somebody asked it again,but in French and Dana figured it out and put a halt on it. Best post fight conference I've seen in a long time haha
You got a ink for it?

Feb 10, 2006
The whole "look at GSPs face don't mean shit cuz his face easily gets beat up real quick. I mean when was the last time Hendricks got into a five round fight? GSP been fighting like that for years so his fights have taken a toll on his face and body. Maybe even his brain! Dana don't want his company to shutdown on GSP truth but Dana can't pop off at the mouth like that cuz like he says all the time,"don't leave it at the hands of the judges"

May 6, 2002
Right. Dana promotes both fighters. Actually he promotes ALL of his fighters. So he can say whatever he wants. No matter what he says he's wrong the other sides eyes. This isn't a street fight. If the fight was on the streets would Hendricks of won? Yes, but this is a 5 minutes 5 round fight scored based on criteria.

GSP shot jabs and rights all night long. That's clean and effective striking. So Hendricks lands a bomb here and there and the typical UFC fan is jumping out of their seats. What about the dozen legs kicks that he landed? Did Hendricks even land one? Let alone attempt one?

It was a close fight, and I just so happened to give it to GSP 48-47 but to sit here and claim robbery. Not even close. Watch boxing and you will see clear robberies. This was just a close split...

Apr 26, 2002
Right. Dana promotes both fighters. Actually he promotes ALL of his fighters. So he can say whatever he wants. No matter what he says he's wrong the other sides eyes. This isn't a street fight. If the fight was on the streets would Hendricks of won? Yes, but this is a 5 minutes 5 round fight scored based on criteria.

GSP shot jabs and rights all night long. That's clean and effective striking. So Hendricks lands a bomb here and there and the typical UFC fan is jumping out of their seats. What about the dozen legs kicks that he landed? Did Hendricks even land one? Let alone attempt one?

It was a close fight, and I just so happened to give it to GSP 48-47 but to sit here and claim robbery. Not even close. Watch boxing and you will see clear robberies. This was just a close split...
Perfectly said.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I thought GSP won. I can't remember the rounds off hand. I'm from Oklahoma and don't like GSP and wanted Hendricks to win pretty bad but I thought GSP took 3 rounds.

Jan 18, 2006
16 of 16 media outlets who scored it had Hendricks winning
Fightmetric had Hendricks winning on their system and also the Ten-Point Must System
the promoter had Hendricks winning

you guys who thought GSP won are in an extremely small minority
You hit the nail on the head. These corrupt MMA fucks should just be glad theres only 5 rounds to score unlike boxing where u can tell when theres an obvious fix

Apr 26, 2002
16 of 16 media outlets who scored it had Hendricks winning
Fightmetric had Hendricks winning on their system and also the Ten-Point Must System
the promoter had Hendricks winning

you guys who thought GSP won are in an extremely small minority
Did I think gsp got his ass beat, yea. Did I think, if this was a fist fight on the street, gsp got his ass handed to him, yes. Ufc isn't fighting no more. Ufc is a SPORT. A SPORT that has the judging criteria and point system. When gsps hand was raised I was in disbelief, then I rewatched it the next day. I can see how gsp won. Bottom line, he had more significant strikes in rds 1,2, and 3. That's the way this SPORT is. I wish shit could change, but how? By judging "damage" that's "visible"? That's not fair. Some ppl scar hella easier than others. Perfect example I tell ppl is silva vs sonnen 1. Sonnen hella busted up lookin after the fight but not silva. But watching the fight, sonnen was whoopin silva for 4.5 rds. Besides, medical suspensions after 167: Hendricks 6 months, st Pierre 45 days.

Feb 10, 2006
The people who thought that GSP won is not a small majority. First off, GSP won by split decision. Secondly, the fightmetric system and ten point must system pretty much had it 50-50 and these are computer systems that see the overall fight and compute everything afterwards. Thirdly, all the judges agreed on all the rounds except the first round. Now, this is when Hendricks needs to understand is that if he's out there during media interviews clearly stating that the first round doesn't mean shit cuz all he needs to do is win 3/5 rounds, well guess what...? Shit, don't even be impressed with Hendricks scarring up GSP cuz GSP face was scarred up during the tapings of UFC primetime.

Props: Coach E. No
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Ufc is a SPORT. A SPORT that has the judging criteria and point system.
The judging criteria and point system the NSAC uses is the ten point must system, even by said judging criteria Hendricks won the fight, so he even won the SPORT.

The people who thought that GSP won is not a small majority. First off, GSP won by split decision. Secondly, the fightmetric system and ten point must system pretty much had it 50-50
Read above, Hendricks won by the criteria the NSAC uses to judge fights, plain and simple.

And yes it is a very small minority that saw GSP winning, unless you've been in a cave the last 3 days.

Apr 26, 2002
The judging criteria and point system the NSAC uses is the ten point must system, even by said judging criteria Hendricks won the fight, so he even won the SPORT.

Read above, Hendricks won by the criteria the NSAC uses to judge fights, plain and simple.

And yes it is a very small minority that saw GSP winning, unless you've been in a cave the last 3 days.
Ur right, I jus saw the fight metrics stats. Either way, judges aren't watching the stats ringside. Too close to call it a ROBBERY IMO. And according to sherdog (I kno, I kno), their poll has bout 800 ppl saying after rewatching, they think jh won, compared to bout 500 ppl saying gsp won. Nowhere near a SMALL minority.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
You can virtually never complain about a robbery when you think the guy who won only won by 1 round total. It wasn't like there weren't some close rounds. I was also swayed by the strikes/significant strikes landed stats. I thought it was even going into the 5th and I thought GSP won that round. I might see it differently if I watched it again but I thought Hendricks could've won it in the final round and made the mistake that too many fighters do in their first title fight, they don't go balls out to take the last round in a close fight.

Props: battle619
Feb 10, 2006
Bingo! Fighters need to treat round like fight 1, fight 2, fight 3, etc. Each round is scored differently that no matter how the fighter sees the overall fight, he might not have won it round by round. Plus, these fighters are too fresh coming into these fights with UFC champs. They come in with maybe having 1 or 2 fights with 5 round title fights, but the champs be fighting % round fights for three to four fights straight. Not cool. And Hendricks can't cry cuz he took the Koscheck win with pride.