UFC 116

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
quit getting butthurt just cuz i dont suck the UFC's dick 24/7. I bet you cant even admit this has been a bad year of ppv's for UFC
really? i thought mostly all the PPV's lived up to expectations for me personally. i really did get pissed about the whole anderson silva in abu dabhi but that was the only shit fight on that card. and the rampage and rashad fight didnt live up to the explosion people expected but it was some good MMA skills from rashad.

Jan 7, 2004
really? i thought mostly all the PPV's lived up to expectations for me personally. i really did get pissed about the whole anderson silva in abu dabhi but that was the only shit fight on that card. and the rampage and rashad fight didnt live up to the explosion people expected but it was some good MMA skills from rashad.
You will notice that Johnny Truelove & T-Rip are not Huge MMA fans and thus find quite a few fights boring/crappy. I actually agree with you, there has been a few crappy fights but overall I have enjoyed the UFC's and all other MMA as well (I actually enjoyed the Rashad/Rampage fight). From big UFC events to the local shows, I will always check it out at least.

Jan 7, 2004
Brock vs. Carwin- fight everyone wants to see
Akiyama vs. Leben- I like watching Akiyama fight a lot, could end up good if he fights the way he did against Belcher.
Immortal Matt Brown vs. Lytle- Fucking sweet
Bonnar vs. K Sos- Will probably be sloppy entertaining. Shouldn't be on the main card though.
Pellegrino vs. Sotiropoulos- If George wins it should be an entertaining ground fight, if Pellegrino wins it'll be by smother.
Schaub vs. Tuchscherer- Ugly fight, just using Schaub on tv since he was on TUF.
Grove vs. Goran Reljic- Could be sick. Goran's the shit and Grove can be good when his chin holds up.
Seth Petruzelli vs. Romero- Kimbo Killa!
Dave Branch vs. Gerald Harris- Harris is gonna kill this guy.
Forrest Petz vs. Daniel Roberts- Dunno these guys.
Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola- If Vemola smokes Madsen like he did to everyone in England it'll be hilarious. Otherwise Madsen by superior wrestling.

I think on a scale of 1-10, 1 being YAMMA and 10 being Pride Final Conflict 2005, this will be around a 7.
Perfect breakdown IMO. I'm looking forward to this card more so than any other this year I think.

May 25, 2009
lol @ carwin only getting 40k to show up for the fight & another 40 if he wins holy shit the ufc doesn't give a fuck about their fighters 40k? for the biggest fight of the fuckin year? thats fucked up...

Jan 7, 2004
lol @ carwin only getting 40k to show up for the fight & another 40 if he wins holy shit the ufc doesn't give a fuck about their fighters 40k? for the biggest fight of the fuckin year? thats fucked up...
Most of the UFC contracts seem to be set at around 3 fights or so, at least that seems to be the trend. So I would assume this was on his original contract and if he does become Champ I think he will be getting considerably more. Most UFC fights are not on fight to fight basis, which works in their favour(UFC's) because otherwise Carwin could be refusing to fight unless they paid him a huge amount and be threatening to go elswhere.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
he's probably getting around 50K in endorsement money as well.

And this just got a little bit gayer

UFC 116 SpikeTV Prelims: Grove Demoted, Petruzelli Promoted

A middleweight bout between Kendall Grove and Goran Reljic has been demoted to UFC 116's un-aired preliminary card, and a light-heavyweight fight between Seth Petruzelli and Ricardo Romero has been promoted to its slot on UFC 116's "UFC Prelims" special on Spike TV.

A source close to Spike TV today confirmed the change with MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com).

The source said Grove prompted the change after the fighter openly criticized the UFC's longtime cable partner and their involvement in "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC 116 takes place July 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Heavyweights Chris Tuchscherer and Brendan Schaub compete in the other "UFC Prelims" fight, which airs prior to the night's pay-per-view main-card broadcast.

Grove, who was the season-three middleweight winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, earlier this week told Tapout Radio that Spike TV officials only care about ratings and getting "as much drama and stupidity out of us" as possible with little regard for the cast members' careers.

Grove rejoined the radio show a few days later and apologized for passing off his personal feelings as fact. He said he "put my foot in my mouth" and thanked Spike TV and "TUF" for "giving me my shot" with the UFC.

Unfortunately, it appears it was too little too late with UFC and Spike TV officials, who now have relegated Grove (11-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and Reljic (8-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) to one of the event's three un-aired slots.

"Kendall made his feelings clear about Spike TV," the source said. "Besides, Seth has a great story and is a 'TUF' alum."

Petruzelli (12-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) gets the TV spot in his first fight back in the UFC. The "TUF 2" cast member, who made his biggest splash when he defeated Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson in an October 2008 EliteXC fight, recently re-signed with the UFC following a four-fight win streak in outside organizations. He takes on Romero (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who initially was expected to fight Brian Stann.

------

so much for seeing another sick fight lol

Jan 7, 2004
Well I putting seth on over Grove is retarded but..............You can't talk shit about a station and expect for them to put your fight on, you have to "play the game" as gay as thta is it's how it works.

Feb 10, 2006
Yea jus think carwin gets fight of the night or knoccout of the night, dats another bonus 2, card succs ass now wit wandy out n leben in, akiyama will knocc him out, leben is too slow n always leaves his hands down doesn't put em up fast enuff after he'll swing, bunk card except 4 beebop n roccsteady goin at it.lol