Tragic Losses doing stand up comedy at Zanies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
how do you come up with material? how do you decide what to say on stage and what material is not worth mentioning while performing?

Apr 25, 2002
how do you come up with material? how do you decide what to say on stage and what material is not worth mentioning while performing?
i talk about shit that goes on in my life.I really went to see the twilight movies and made the jokes up while watching it.I am on stage pretty much 6 nights a week and i hit every open mic in cities im in.I try new material there and if it doesnt work I shelve it.I never throw a joke away cause i might think of something to add to it later that makes it work.Tonight I wore a snuggie on stage and told my new bit about it.Its a lot of trial and error.Some nights you kill and some nights you bomb.I bombed a couple of nights ago pretty hard.

Apr 25, 2002
That shits funny bro. Like for real.
I been thinkin of trying some open mics myself, any advice?
The main thing i suggest is go to one and watch one time.Youll see a lot of people arent funny.It will give you the confidence to get up there the next time and know what to expect.Thats how i did when i started.Talk to other comics there after the show and ask questions.Most of us are more than willing to help out though there are usually packs of bitter guys there that will give you the cold shoulder.Plan out your set and practice it before you hit the club,be it in the mirror or for friends.Make notes and take them up with you in case you get stage fright and forget what you wanted to talk about.Speak up on the mic and have a dont give a fuck attitude.Dont tell anyone elses jokes youve heard.

The first time i went on stage I killed.I got overconfident.The next week I bombed so bad i wanted to cry after I left the show.But ill tell you now that everyone bombs.Even people that are famous.If comedy feels right to you make it out each time you can.The only way to get better is stage time.The more you do it the better you will get.It takes awhile to develop your comedic voice.And another tip is to go watch pros do it when you can and study what they do and dont do.Be yourself and know the crowd youre performing in front of.If there are fat bitches in there dont make fat jokes,etc

Apr 25, 2002
Nice work man. Shit was funny as hell. I'd be scared shitless going up there. Plus I'm not funny.
Thanks.It is scary sometimes to this day.i told some people here i did stand up and a lot said WTF I never read you clowning on here or saying funny shit.I never was the type for that on the internet.I get inspired by reading the siccness from time to time though and you guys have helped me with more than one joke,sometimes very indirectly.I look anywhere for things people are bitching about or talking about and look for inspiration.

Jan 9, 2009
im givin this guy props before i even watch the video.. because it takes balls to do standup.. and even more to post that video on siccness.

PROPS! now ima go watch it

edit: that shit was funny, man. moar!!

Apr 25, 2002
That was good man totally took me by surprise...what other cities/states have you performed in
Ive done several shows in KY...A few in Atlanta...I went to Arkansas a month ago...Done a few in Virginia...Im making a name for myself or at least trying to....there are a shitload of comics and wannabee comics out there