Top Dawg Ent. Mega-thread (Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay-Rock etc)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
^ Yeah that's about the same for me really actually. But to be fair I think we need to hear Kendrick's next album first because both Ab and Schoolboy blew their previous ones out of the water with their newest releases. Same with Jay Rock's too of course but I won't lie I'm anticipating Kendrick's more.

That said in my opinion Ab Soul is on a different fucking planet right now. Control System is an insanely good album and dude went all in on it. I honestly think it will be one of those albums that a lot of people kind of skipped over, but they will go back and listen to it again in a few months, maybe a year, and be like "what the fuck?" then it will click.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
yea that was ill, i guess dre is leaving kendrick with his own sound/to his own devices, or we just havent heard the piano heavy dated ass g-funk beats yet lol

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
ab soul>schoolboy>kendrick>jay rock

im not a big 'fast rapper' fan so kendrick takes the backseat

and i didnt like swimming pools much

control system shits on section 80 hard
I put ab soul after kendrick, and I really hate swimming pools.....but section 80 was fuckin dope.....the more I hear from schoolboy & kendrick the more I like schoolboy over kendrick as that west coast MC

Props: fillyacup