TOP 5 MIDWEST CD's EVER

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
swoop187 said:
In my eyes Memphis is midwest. Alabama, ATL, LA, Houston, thats all dirty south shit. IF they toung twist they are from the mid west.
^ Dude's a clown, must be from Europe. His argument for LA being dirty south shit is even more hilarious then his case for Memphis being Midwest.

And FYI Memphis is about 150 miles south of the southern-most point in Illinois.

The best way to settle this shit is to let the artists themselves decide what they are reppin. It is a very common practice in geography to regionalize a place based on the name of businesses in the Yellow Pages. So to do this for this purpose, I just pulled up my Memphis playlist (over 500 songs) and in the iTunes search bar I typed in a title search for "South" and got 5 responses (Gangsta Blac "Cowardz in the South" Dulaa "Dirty South Remix" Eightball & MJG "Ride Down South" Gangsta Blac "South Park & South Pound" Project Playaz "Dirty Down South"). I typed in "Midwest" and got 0 results b/c there is not a single soul in Memphis who would call it the Midwest.

CLE & DET are two cities that are sometimes debated over. Cleveland is the Midwest b/c Bone Thugs did a cut w/ Twista called "Midwest Invasion." Detroit is the Midwest b/c Ric-a-Che did a cut called "Dirty Midwest."

Apr 25, 2002
5 Best Midwest Album

BTNH - East 1999 Eternal
Coo Coo Cal - Disturbed
Common - Be
Do or Die - Pimpin' Aint Dead
Ric Jilla - The Upgrade

FYI This was the region I discovered the last four years, when I was younger and living out west I didn't respect the Midwest stuff, just bumped East & West but now, that I lived in the Midwest for a few years, I have really seen how this is in many ways, the best and least 'pop-culturized' rap region. It is unrivaled in that respect, and also when it comes to the adrenaline fueled hard street shit, NOBODY does it like the Midwest. Now when I go into the stores I search specifically for Midwest artists.