things gettin better for jamarcus russell

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Raiders file grievance against Russell

The Oakland Raiders have filed a grievance against former quarterback JaMarcus Russell(notes) seeking repayment of $9.55 million, the team confirmed Thursday.

The grievance is based on the contention by the Raiders that the contract was changed at one point during Russell’s three-year stint with the organization and that he’s not allowed to keep all of the money he had collected prior to his May 7 release. Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft, was guaranteed $32 million as part of a six-year contract reportedly worth $68 million.

“We have filed a grievance against JaMarcus Russell and that’s all we’re going to say at this time,” Raiders attorney Jeff Birren said.

Part of the guaranteed $32 million was originally in the form of salary advances for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons. A portion of those salaries is in question, according to the grievance.

“The money in question was fully guaranteed. That is why JaMarcus was forced to hold out and miss all of training camp as a rookie,” Metz said. “The Raiders know that and this is our only comment.”

Russell will be represented in the grievance by the NFL Players Association.

Apr 25, 2002
The niners still pay bums all pro salaries. We have given up on that practice. Nice try though.
Like who?

Nate Clements is as close as you'll get, and he is far from a "bum." He makes all-pro money without being an all-pro, but a bum he is not. Sure, there are plays where he fucks up and gets beat, but he's very solid the majority of the time. Not worth the money, but still a good player. If he is to be called a bum, then guys like Darren McFadden are also bums.

DHB is the only true BUM in the bay getting all-pro money, now that JaMarcus Russell is gone. What team does he play for again? Oh yeah, the one that has "given up on that practice."

As a matter of fact, the only other guys (besides Nate) making all-pro money for their positions on the 49ers are Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and soon Vernon Davis. All 3 of them are Pro Bowlers.

I know you were probably thinking about Alex Smith when you made that comment. Think again.

Jan 5, 2006
The niners still pay bums all pro salaries. We have given up on that practice. Nice try though.
And what bums are these?

Whos radio station do you rep, because they should fire you lol.

Throwing out non-sense. I mean it's alright if you're mad, but the fact of the matter is Al Davis drafted Russell AND paid him 30+ million based on what exactly? Having a canon for an arm and maybe 1-2 good games in college?

Should I even mention DHB yet or do we give him a couple more seasons?

Obviously no room to talk here.

Didn't Alex Smith take a paycut too? or am I thinking of a different person?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Alex smith ate a slice of humble pie and restructured his contract. He also was willing to be a backup, something JR might be doing somewhere if he wasnt the laziest athlete in the world. I regret even calling him an athlete.

Dec 2, 2006
Dah-dah-dah CAPTAIN FATAL TO THE RESCUE!

No need to argue. But quit acting like the niners do not over pay players also.

The niners have not been to the playoffs as long as the Raiders and are no closer than us. Until it happens all you cheerleading little broads need to STFU! Fuck the Niners and their panty wearing fans! Raider Nation, YOU BITCH!

RRRRAAAAIIIIDDDDEEERRRRRSSSSS!

Clements is an over paid bum though. So is Brandon Jones.

Jan 12, 2006
Doesn't matter if he gives it all back, Al Davis will just give it to another bum.
HA!

LOL the day j russel left the oakland raidturds was the day things quickly started looking better for him. LOL @ that old fart al davis trying to get money back. in that case he should go after McFadden, J Walker, DHB, T kelly, C johnson and R Gallery because they are all currently or have raped the raidturds in the last few years!

Dec 2, 2006
HA!

LOL the day j russel left the oakland raidturds was the day things quickly started looking better for him. LOL @ that old fart al davis trying to get money back. in that case he should go after McFadden, J Walker, DHB, T kelly, C johnson and R Gallery because they are all currently or have raped the raidturds in the last few years!
Ironcunt, let me get a hold of your teacher. They must have let you off the little bus again. They really need to keep an eye on you. You can get hurt trying to play with the big kids.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
even tho im a raiders fan i dont even think JR should have to give the money back, Al Davis rolled the dice and drafted him after he only played 1 good game in the Sugar Bowl,i remember the day they drafted him i thought they should of either drafted Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson.its Al's fault that they drafted the wrong guy and wasted all that money and time.

Dec 2, 2006
Al Davis did say something at the Kiffin press conference about wanting to protect himself. The language regarding law can be twisted to mean whatever a competent attorney wants it to mean. It is whether a judge or jury agrees.

Jan 12, 2006
even tho im a raiders fan i dont even think JR should have to give the money back, Al Davis rolled the dice and drafted him after he only played 1 good game in the Sugar Bowl,i remember the day they drafted him i thought they should of either drafted Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson.its Al's fault that they drafted the wrong guy and wasted all that money and time.
^^^^

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Why don't you stick to hanging from ball sacks. It is what you are good at.
Ur a fuckin faggot who lives in a cave. Telling me to get off nuts when all i've ever done is speak the truth. Yet just like the shit Fatal says, u run from it, refuse to buy it. Ur the same guy that refused to believe that ur the laughingstock of the league, and have been for years. I have no problem with raiders or raiders fans (for the most part) but I seriously think ur retarded as fuck.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
oh and what did i even say that makes u say that? once again u have nothing but dumb ass shit to say back. I didnt even say anything bad about ur precious Raiders.

Back to the topic, they paid that money to JR under the premise of him playing in 2011, 2012, 2013, etc. But every contract with huge guaranteed money is written that way, and if u cut him, thats on you. The Raiders are just trying to save face.