THERES NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
yall see tim couch about to cry cause he got booed in cleaveland now dont get me wrong its bullshit when fans clap for a player getting injured(see irvin in philly) but come on dogg im like tom hanks in a league of there own "ARE YOU CRYING!"

May 2, 2002
C'mon now...it's not like he's the first person to cry...hell, he didn't even cry.

And Irvin was different. He didn't play for Philly. Tim plays for the Browns and they cheered him getting hurt. That fuckin' sucks. I don't think I would cry either, but it's got to hurt.

What about Dick Vermiel and Trent Dilfer? They cried all the damn time.....

Apr 25, 2002
That's fucked up on the "fans" part. I'd be pissed as fuck if I was him too. He didn't look like he was about to cry, he just looked fuckin' pissed off to me. Yeah, and Dick Vermeil cries at the drop of a hat.

Apr 25, 2002
it is kinda fucked up, but the again it isnt. put yourself in cleveland fans shoes........your team been losin a few, your qb aint doin shit.......an the back up was rippin shit up...

ima go with Chris Rock on this one, " I aint sayin I woulda done it...........but I understand"

Oct 2, 2002
What about when he brought'em back in that amazing 4th quater comeback??? Browns fans were cheerin the shit outta him then..

Then turn around and boo him when he gets hurt???
somethin aint stirrin the kool-aide ACE!

May 2, 2002
put yourself in cleveland fans shoes
I am a Browns fan...and i would never cheer one of my players getting hurt. I wouldn't cheer any player on any team getting hurt...that ain't right.

And Couch wasn't doing that bad. There were some fumbles and dropped passes in that game. And the play that he got hurt on was a bad snap.

Kelly came in playing against a Prevent D with no Ray Lewis...he was bound to play a little better.

Apr 25, 2002
I wasnt just talkin about when he came in for Couch on Sunday night......when he started them 2 games he looked alot better then couch has all season.

some of the fans think dude can do a better job then Couch, thats why they wasnt happy when Couch was named back starter, an thats why they would cheer as Couch got hurt.

an come on now folks...........you tellin me that you wasnt wishin Earnest Byner to die back in 87???????????

Jun 25, 2002
ok look i live in akron which is like 1/2hour south of cleveland so you know browns are the shit here...we were cheerin (@ my pad, not the game) when we knew holcomb was coming in, and do'nt give me that shit about lewis not bein in and the 'prevent' defense they went to, if its a 'prevent' defense, then how'd we run 21 points on it? lewis is good but (a) he's 1 of 11 players on D and (b) he's got all ESPN's announcers on his nutts...hell they could'nt even get dawson's name right

kickoff: "Phil Hanson lines up to kick it off"

some other point in the game: "Jason Dawson blah blah blah"

i was waiting for them to say RIchard Dawson the host of family feud

May 2, 2002
T-Dubb...I'm not doubting Kelly as a QB...he's very good and we're lucky to have him, but I don't think he's better than Couch.

That said, I'm sure some people do think that he's better, but you have to look at the teams that he played against. KC, who has no secondary at all. Every team they have played against has put up at least 30 something points. And the Bengals, do I really have to say anything?

And regardless of Couch coming back or not performing, or whatever...it's no reason to cheer your own player getting hurt.

And don't remind of the "The Fumble". Yeah I felt like killing him, but he was also the reason why we even had a chance of winning that game. I feel sorry for him more than anything...he has to live with it.

Heitic...Prevent D allows you to pass alot underneath in between the 20's. The DB's play off alot. It's very easy to move the ball. Once in the redzone...it's just a matter of scoring. That's why most people don't like it. With Lewis in there playing MLB, he would have been more of disruption.

And we only put up 13 on the Prevent. The other 8 was when Couch was still in.

And yeah...what was up with the Phil Hanson thing? I thought I didn't know my own team for a second there.

Jun 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
Heitic...Prevent D allows you to pass alot underneath in between the 20's. The DB's play off alot. It's very easy to move the ball. Once in the redzone...it's just a matter of scoring. That's why most people don't like it. With Lewis in there playing MLB, he would have been more of disruption.

And we only put up 13 on the Prevent. The other 8 was when Couch was still in.

And yeah...what was up with the Phil Hanson thing? I thought I didn't know my own team for a second there.
aha, well put...i dunno about the whole phil hanson thing, both announcers had their heads so far up ray lewis's ass i'm surprised they got the word "browns" out of their mouth w/o choking