The Town (2010)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Heat was a wack ass movie to me

The bank robbery was bootsy

The whole first half of the movie all they talk about is what professionals they are "I dont fuck around im a professional. he dont fuck around, hes the best. they dont fuck around at all."

"Are you gonna call him?"

"Im gonna call him."

"Is he a professional?"

"Hes a professional."

"What kind of professional?"

"The best kind"

And then the big robbery they basically just run in, grab the money and drive away with a so-so chase scene and gun battle

The way the first part of the movie built it up, I was expecting some James Bond/Rambo/Mafia shit. Instead we get some chase scene shit coulda been from an LA news chopper.

May 9, 2002
Heat was a wack ass movie to me

The bank robbery was bootsy

The whole first half of the movie all they talk about is what professionals they are "I dont fuck around im a professional. he dont fuck around, hes the best. they dont fuck around at all."

"Are you gonna call him?"

"Im gonna call him."

"Is he a professional?"

"Hes a professional."

"What kind of professional?"

"The best kind"

And then the big robbery they basically just run in, grab the money and drive away with a so-so chase scene and gun battle

The way the first part of the movie built it up, I was expecting some James Bond/Rambo/Mafia shit. Instead we get some chase scene shit coulda been from an LA news chopper.
Heat >>>> your fav movie

Al Pacino had some great quotables in the movie

"Who? Who? What, you a fuckin owl?"

"GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!!!! GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!!!"

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
he's a good director. his last joint Gone Baby Gone was real good. he should quit acting and stick to directing

his brother Casey Affleck is a good actor though
I thought the story was what made Gone Baby Gone. Not surprisingly, it was based on a book, like Mystic River. GBG wasn't that impressive from a directing standpoint, it was competent but flat. Ben just didn't impress me with his directorial skills enough to call him good.

Feb 5, 2006
Heat >>>> your fav movie

Al Pacino had some great quotables in the movie

"Who? Who? What, you a fuckin owl?"

"GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!!!! GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!!!"
What about....

DON'T WASTE MY MOTHERFUCKIN TIME!!!!!

I ain't your cuz you rat motherfucker and you know 'cause I say so!!!!

You know we're sittin here you and I like a couple of regular fellas.You do what you gotta do, I do what I gotta do. But if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna make a widow brother you are goin down.

Jan 9, 2009
the Heat scene with the diner conversation between pacino and deniro is one of the greatest cinematic moments ever captured on film.. all bullshit aside.

the fucking 12 minute shootout scene was epic. hasnt been topped yet
clearly in the top 10 of all movie shootouts EVER.

to diss this film is fucking asinine for real

Feb 5, 2006
the Heat scene with the diner conversation between pacino and deniro is one of the greatest cinematic moments ever captured on film.. all bullshit aside.

the fucking 12 minute shootout scene was epic. hasnt been topped yet
clearly in the top 10 of all movie shootouts EVER.

to diss this film is fucking asinine for real
The car chase/shootout-The Corruptor....

The penthouse raid/prison riot-Face/Off.....

Balboa Savings & Loan/Downtown Federal-Set It Off

Jan 9, 2009
The car chase/shootout-The Corruptor....

The penthouse raid/prison riot-Face/Off.....

Balboa Savings & Loan/Downtown Federal-Set It Off
OOOH TOUCHE' MY GOOD SIR... TOUCHE'

esp about The Corruptor ... yeah...
but The Departed was hella like Infernal Affairs. does that really take away if the flick is good?

May 9, 2002
but The Departed was hella like Infernal Affairs. does that really take away if the flick is good?
The Departed is the American remake of Infernal Affairs 1 & 2 combined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Departed

And to answer the question...NO. It was done so well, that it more or less stands on its own and i can bet you dollars to doughnuts most people have never even SEEN the IA series. Which is just as good, if not better.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Watched it this morning with my girl. I really liked it. The action and shootout scenes were good. It was pretty intense. If you're not sure about this movie cuz of Ben Affleck's directing, forget it. GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Feb 5, 2006
OOOH TOUCHE' MY GOOD SIR... TOUCHE'

esp about The Corruptor ... yeah...
Nah 'cause like anything else, if it's written tight and acted right it stands on it's own no matter who/were it was inspired.