The Team singed to a Major??????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
i just heard from one of my boys that the team just got signed to universal. does any one know if this is 100 % correct? he found out because he brother won their cd off 949 and when he went to go pick up a member of 949 told him they got signed to universal. i hope this is true. if u got any info holla back.

Oct 29, 2004
Navarre aint a Universal company, but it is one of the largest Indie distributers. That's good news, now The Team will have their album nationally distributed!

Jul 20, 2002
Frankly said:
Navarre aint a Universal company, but it is one of the largest Indie distributers. That's good news, now The Team will have their album nationally distributed!
won't make a difference if there's no demand in national markets for the album, promotion will make the difference.

Oct 29, 2004
Sav_Scorcese said:
won't make a difference if there's no demand in national markets for the album, promotion will make the difference.
no doubt, thats true. however, when you are picked up for distribution, it's usually because there is a buzz on your work, and they have faith that it will benefit them as well. afterall, it is an investment on their part, which is why often times they will offer to put in marketing which will be recoupable on their end. otherwise, there are all kinds of negotiations possible as to how to go about a new marketing campaign.

either way though, we're now talking big 4 distrobution according to DDCEO, which again brings in different dynamics. big ups to the moe doe fam regardless.