the Pitch - Rappers Vs. The Radio

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 25, 2009
Yeah. I read it. I don't have much to say about it. Radio is dead. Local artists shouldn't worry about being signed to a major label or getting play. Do it independently and create a fan base yourself.

May 2, 2002
As far as radio goes, we have two outlets when it comes to rap: The Wire (90.1 KKFI) and Underground Heat. Kenny Diamondz said there was only one. I'd be willing to bet that very few ppl (if any) tune into or even know about The Wire. I support local shit, so I fuck with both shows.
(The Wire airs Fridays 12am- 4am).

Listened to a little of The Wire this morning. KoolWayne had
Fatboy Chubb as a guest; he'll be on Underground Heat tonight.

What I wanna know is when the fuck did 103 start playin' Miley Cyrus? I can't stand that fuckin' song, so why they even have it in their playlist is beyond me. That song is in heavy rotation as it is on 95.7 and 96.5.

Nov 4, 2009
I picked me up a copy downtown it didn't say much but It did talk about how the lack of local music gets spins in KC, and I agreed with article.

May 2, 2002
I picked me up a copy downtown it didn't say much but It did talk about how the lack of local music gets spins in KC, and I agreed with article.
Well its true. There are only two outlets for local rap in KC. One is Underground Heat (which everyone knows about) and The Wire (which maybe a handful of people know about).