The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Great season. Hopefully they'll get some hitters in the off-season.
We will see, although its not easy to get boppers here. Its a very hitter unfriendly park. Nelson Cruz told us to fuck off before last season when we tried to get him here. We had to overpay to get a 31 year old Cano here. Look at all the hitters that have come to Safeco and sucked. Its a tough place to hit. In fact, its the 2nd hardest park to hit in the MLB behind Petco in SD.

I hope they re-sign Lomo. Once he was back and 100% healthy, he was really showing what he can do. He had the best September of any Mariner (BTW, Cano hit .257 this month, and Seager was worse than that).

Im excited for Paxton and Walker to finally be the duo we know they can be. Felix will be back and im sure Kuma will get an offer. I dont see Young coming back. Also, Carson Smith out of the BP looks raunchy as hell....i expect him to push Rodney for the closer role, but he will be the setup guy, taking over for Medina hopefully.

We need players like Taylor, Miller, and Zunino to work on their swings and get right at the plate. I can take Miller's erratic defense if he is a legit threat at the plate like he was in 2013. Zunino is a very good defensive catcher, but hitting below the mendoza line is a huge rally killer. Taylor is young and the league adjusted to him a bit after this first month, but he never quit and looked fairly good towards the end.

If i have to see Morales again next year, i will fuckin puke. Same goes for Smoak.

My biggest key for next year? Saunders staying healthy. When he is in the lineup, we are a better team. He is a fringe 5 tool player in that he can do everything above average. He has gap power, can play all positions in the OF, has a good arm, and can run. Imagine a guy hitting a line of .280/.350/.500 with 15-20 HR, 30-40 2B, 3-5 3B, and 70-80 RBI's. Yes, he is capable of doing that. He just needs to stay on the damn field.

I really feel Ackley will be moved in the off season. He absolutely fell apart in September, undoing almost all of the months prior in terms of credit (hit .149 for the month). He was looking better the last few games, but man, it was ugly.

I dont think Endy or Denorfia will be back. I dont know what to make of Austin Jackson, he really stunk it up at the plate with Seattle. His K rate increased one he got here. I know he got a Golden Sombrero at least once as well. He can play CF, but his plate discpline is pretty shitty.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Now THAT is M's baseball. Still the A's cryptonite. love it.
The King has got back on the throne!!
He'll have plenty of time to sit on it October thru March....
pretty cocky thing to say from a fan of a team thats trending the incorrect direction.
M's will end the year with a better record then those cock sucking A's.
yeah.... yeah dat.
I hope we sweep these athletics and leave their spirits crushed
i wanna see seattle get the fucking wild card come on u fuckers
13-2 victory shit on the angels

A's, KC, Det lost. Plus the yankees lost which was awesome. And toronto losing is a bonus. We clenched over .500 too lol.

ice cube today was a good day starts playing
Lol....

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
How about these stats:

Seattle allowed the fewest runs in the AL but ranked 11th in runs scored, last in OBP and suffered the most shutouts by an AL team since 1981

Yeah, thats a problem.
Those stats are meaningless especially because offensive numbers through the league are at a 30 year low and pitching is at an all time high. This isn't the 90s anymore where people bat .330 with 40 homeruns and shit. If you want big stats stick to college football. Hitting a baseball is hard, very very hard.

May 9, 2002
Fun Felix facts:

The Details - 15-6, 2.14 ERA (56 ER, 236.0 IP) in 34 starts (27 quality starts).

ERA Title - Claimed his second AL ERA title with a 2.14 mark ahead of Chris Sale (2.17).

Low ERA - ERA of 2.14 was the lowest by an AL pitcher since Pedro Martinez recorded a 1.74 mark in 2000.

Strong Finish - Posted a 1.66 ERA (7 ER, 38.0 IP) in 6 starts in September (2-1, 3 ND).

WHIP Leader - Had the lowest WHIP in the AL at 0.915, the lowest by an AL pitcher since Pedro Martinez in 2000 (0.737).

AL Leaderboard - ERA (1st, 2.14), Opponent Batting Average (1st, .200), Innings (2nd, 236.0), Starts (T1st, 34), Strikeouts (4th, 248), Wins (T8th, 15), Strikeout-to-Walk Ratio (5th, 5.39), Strikeouts per 9.0 IP (5th, 9.46).

The Felix Quality Start - Set a Major League record with 16 consecutive starts allowing 2 or fewer runs in at least 7.0 innings May 18-August 11…old record was 13 straight starts by Tom Seaver in 1971.

200 Strikeouts - Is the only pitcher to record 200 strikeouts in each of the last 6 seasons (since 2009)…recorded his 6th consecutive season exceeding 200 strikeouts and 200.0 innings pitched; tied for 3rd-longest streak in MLB history behind Tom Seaver (9, 1968-76), Roger Clemens (7, 19867-92) and Walter Johnson (7, 1910-16),

Opponent Batting Average - Led the AL with a .200 opponent batting average.

Opponent On-Base Pct - Recorded the lowest opponent on-base percentage in the AL at .243, the 3rd-lowest by an AL pitcher during the designated hitter era (since 1973), trailing only Pedro Martinez (.213 in 2000) and Justin Verlander (.242 in 2011).

You’ll Get 7.0 - Pitched at least 7.0 innings in 24 of 34 starts, 2nd-best in AL (Price, 26).

2 of Fewer Runs Allowed - Allowed 2 or fewer runs in AL leading 25 starts (Kluber 2nd with 23).

Team Leader - The Mariners were 22-12 when Felix started on the mound…posted an 8-4 record and 2.10 ERA in 19 starts following a Mariners team loss.

No-Decision - Recorded a 1.88 ERA in 13 no-decisions (2.09 run support average in no-decisions).

Sabermetrics - Ranked 6th in the AL in overall WAR (2nd amongst pitchers) at 6.2.

All-Star Starter - Was the starting pitcher for the AL in the All-Star game in Minneapolis (scoreless inning, 2 K).