The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Happ is probably pitching for the blue jays, and chris young is pitching for us. Happ has been on fire since the all star break and just had a career high 12 strikeouts. I think young can hang with the jays, might give up 2 or 3. it'll all come down to our offense. I really hope we can score 3 or 4 and take this game. Then iwakuma pitching wednesday, break out the brooms

May 9, 2002
Toronto is a hot ass mess right now...we got them at the right time.

Good to see the offense finally get it going. They have scored in double digits 2X in the last 4 games now.

My optimism is being restored. Next series against the Tigers also coming at the right time as they are hurting big time. IN fact, KC taking the lead in the ALC is very good for us, as they are the hottest team in the MLB and id rather step on a slumping DET team and get to the top of the WC2 spot once again.

Props: BUTCHER 206
May 9, 2002
Happ is probably pitching for the blue jays, and chris young is pitching for us. Happ has been on fire since the all star break and just had a career high 12 strikeouts. I think young can hang with the jays, might give up 2 or 3. it'll all come down to our offense. I really hope we can score 3 or 4 and take this game. Then iwakuma pitching wednesday, break out the brooms
My issue with Young vs BJs is he is a fly ball guy. Jays crush HR's. Not a good combo.

Props: BUTCHER 206

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Just been wandering through Seattle the past hour or so, started at 6th and Dearborn, now I'm at 1st and Columbia, seen 1000's of baseball fans. The blue jay fans easily out-number mariner fans 20-1. Even in the 7 or so establishments I've gone into. I've never seen opposing fans outnumber home fans by such a large margin. Wonder what it will look like in the stadium?

May 9, 2002
Just been wandering through Seattle the past hour or so, started at 6th and Dearborn, now I'm at 1st and Columbia, seen 1000's of baseball fans. The blue jay fans easily out-number mariner fans 20-1. Even in the 7 or so establishments I've gone into. I've never seen opposing fans outnumber home fans by such a large margin. Wonder what it will look like in the stadium?
At the start of the game, probably 60-40 BJ/M fans. It was bad. And it pisses me off.

May 9, 2002
Have to give the fans something good. Definitely isnt the product on the field.
We are tied for the lead in the WC2 spot sweepstakes after not making the playoffs for 12 years. We have the best pitching staff and defensive team in the MLB to boot, on pace to be one of the best since the DH era started as well...but OK.

Weird statement is weird.

Last edited: