The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
The league as a whole isnt hitting really that great. Pitching has become the dominate force in baseball. We need to unload a couple guys from the bullpen and maybe chris young before he starts to decline, and get a bat or two. I dont know really who. I don't watch too much baseball other then the M's. Too bad we didnt still have Adam Jones in Center.

Trade Young and others. Put Mauer back in the rotation. Keep Ackley in the line up everyday until he returns to his normal self.

I really don't know what id do, if I was in charge. If the bats we do have start hitting, especially with men on were going to be winning like earlier in the year.

What I will do is continue to watch as many games as I can, and root for the Mariners. I'm still happy as far as where we are this year. I didnt expect alot from this team to open the year. Who did we add besides Cano in the off season? Bloomquist? Morrison? Hart? Young? Young was a pleasant surprise that no one else wanted to take the risk on.

Last edited:
Props: BUTCHER 206
May 9, 2002
Mauer back as a starter? Clearly, he is a reliever, not a starter. He is a TERRIBLE starter. But, terrible starters often make great relievers, becuase they can increase velocity and an out pitch. Mauer has shown that he is a great BP guy.

Morrison and Hart were, at this point, a complete misread by JZ...shocker. Young was and is a surprise. Bloomy is Bloomy...i aint mad at em.

This is from Softy's page:

Mariners currently 1.5 out of the 2nd WC spot. They were 7.5 out this date last year, 10 out in '12, 18 out in '11, 24 out in '10.

Progress? Yes. But 4 years to make up 22 games? Thats ridiculous. In a free agency dominated sport, it should NOT take 4 years to SNIFF the playoffs. Other teams have done it overnight, others in less than 3 years.

Also, read this:

Trader Jack? As Seattle's GM struggles to complete deals, some rival executives wonder | FOX Sports

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
What are they supposed to do? I read through sports stuff all the time and its been the same shit for the past few years with the mariners. We win a few and look good and everybody's buying jerseys and going to safeco again. We go on a skid and people abandon all hope and lash with so much negativity my stomach actually gets queasy reading all this stuff; its even in our own newspapers lol. This is the most bipolar fan base I swear. Theres no patience at all because we're practically suffering from something similar to PTSD from the years of poor product on the field, and Jack Z has been here awhile so we understandably expect it to have turned around by now. But I just don't think right now we can do anything but simply hit better

Jack Z is not a great GM, he could and should have probably made better moves over the past 4 years and we should probably have a better offense but its too late. I'd rather we stay the course than go out and make a Bavaasi move. Worrying about it is just toxic and I'd rather grasp at the tiny glimmer of hope than hug the mountain of doubt and disappointment lol

Here's a stat for you; when we score more than 3 runs a game, our record is 49 and 17. Yes you read that correctly. This team, if it gets going at the right time, and can consistently score is a championship caliber team there's no denying it. So basically in my eyes I know we're damned good, but the bats we already have are the ones that need to perform and I just don't see any possible other way to add more offense at this time. All we can do is mess with the best thing we've had in the past decade and hurt our near future with Bavaasi type overpaying shitty moves.

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Good question. For one, FIRE JACK Z. For two, FIRE HOWIE. The upper management for this organization is a bunch of crock ass faggots.
Honestly I think they're inept when it comes to baseball, but as far as generating revenue they've turned the mariners into a billion dollar team. Its the damned apathetic owners I think is more of the problem. The owners obviously only care about the bottom dollar. Theres no demand to win and no accountability for anything howard and jack do

Sure, firing them would be great but only if we got someone better. Can you imagine if some idiots came in and ruined all the progress made in the past 5 years? Lol. Course that is unlikely... it'd be more likely they'd just be credited for our future success

May 9, 2002
Honestly I think they're inept when it comes to baseball, but as far as generating revenue they've turned the mariners into a billion dollar team. Its the damned apathetic owners I think is more of the problem. The owners obviously only care about the bottom dollar. Theres no demand to win and no accountability for anything howard and jack do

Sure, firing them would be great but only if we got someone better. Can you imagine if some idiots came in and ruined all the progress made in the past 5 years? Lol. Course that is unlikely... it'd be more likely they'd just be credited for our future success
"All the progress"? If being a sub .500 for the last 3 years counts as "progress", we are in real trouble.

I didnt think we could have a worse GM than Bavasi....boy, was i wrong.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Bavasi was so bad, we STILL haven't recovered from him. I honestly think Jack Z might have been granted more leeway in turning things around than normal because of that.

Its cool though. 50/50 chance of him getting shitcanned if this team skids into the offseason. Which is better than the 0% chance last year and the year before. Theres no conclusive evidence this is remotely accurate Its just a very strong hunch lol

Now what I personally would do.... get these bats some fuckin sports psychologists. Its unconventional but these guys need something anything. Also, try and get some more passion and bonding going on. The pitching staff is strong but our hitters look defeated. Probably the hangover from having the eternally apathetic ichiro and griffey lingering around. These guys need to feel motivated by losing and winning needs to be the main focus

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
That may be true, but our "sicc" pitching has yielded us 3 wins in the last 10 games, all while averaging ~2 runs a game. You need to be able to score to win.
Right. All we need is to stay in the race, and if we can consistently score 3-4 runs a game when its end of the season nittygritty time we'll sneak right in there like the 7-9 seahawks in 2010 lol. Thats really all that can happen this year with the angels and athletics being so good. No trades are going to help

We don't actually need a strong offense right this moment. Shit.. the sf giants semi recently won a world series basically sneaking in there and dominating with pitching. I think we can do the same. The bats can and should get hot right at the right time I'm not betting any money on it... but I won't give up til its all over lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
The Giants spent much of the early part of the season in second or third place in the National League West standings, trailing the San Diego Padres and on occasion the Los Angeles Dodgers or Colorado Rockies. They entered the All-Star break in fourth place, trailing the Padres, Rockies, and Dodgers. However, they finished July in second place behind the Padres, with a win–loss record of 20–8 for the month. On August 26, the Padres began a ten-game losing streak that allowed the Giants to gain some ground. The Giants tied the Padres for first place on September 10 and the two teams traded the top spot for the next 15 days. Then, the Giants took the lead for good on September 26, when they began a four-game winning streak coupled with the Padres' three-game losing streak. The Giants were three games ahead of the Padres going into the final weekend of the season, a three-game set between the two teams that the Padres needed to sweep in order to force a tie-breaker. The Padres won the first two games, but the Giants prevailed in the final game, 3–0, to clinch the franchise's seventh NL West championship.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_World_Series

Baseball is a marathon

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Don't drink the koolaid the seattle times and these sports bloggers are trying to give you. This team is good! We have ups and downs and the offensive numbers are atrocious but bottom line we're solid. Keeping consistent is all we need to do.

May 9, 2002
Yeah I give a fuck what people say. I watch the games and I see the standings.
lol...and others dont? Maybe thats part of the issue here...you're not getting deep enough into the situation. Anyone can just "watch the games and look at the standings".

Hey, do what you do. I hope we prevail, but this team, as is, is not built to go far in the playoffs....if they make them at all.