~The Official Cubs Rule Thread~

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Cubs are hanging in there thanks to Castro and Barney. And Soriano I can't believe he has 10hrs. Why anyone would throw him a strike is beyond me. Dempster gotta get it it goin. If he wasn't bein Dumpster wed have a winning record.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Yea, Pena will bat .210 strike out 200 times and hit 35 home runs.
SMH @ batting a buck 60 with no home runs. What a tool.

What a surprise Soriano has been. Not going to get tooooo excited bout his numbers yet though.

Cubs need an ACE. Fuck Dumpster. Z is doin aight, and Garza has been a dud. Our starting pitching is the number 1 problem.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
GOOD GAME TONIGHT... ITS GOOD TO SEE URIBE CONTRIBUTING, AND WHATS UP WIT ETHIER??!!?? THAT DUDE IS HANDLIN HIS BIZNESS!!! BATTING .378, 17 RBI's, AND EXTENDED HIS HITTING STREAK TO 28 GAMES!!! THE DODGERS HITTING IS WHAT IS GOING TO KEEP THEM AFLOAT AT .500, BECAUSE SOMETIMES THE PITCHING ROTATION LEAVES ALOT TO BE DESIRED, ESPECIALLY THE RELIEF PITCHING...

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
yea man. we're playin like shit. can't even beat the fuckin astros. I agree get rid of Soriano, A-Ram, and even Byrd. They sayin Cubs are a contender to get Pujols if he doesnt re-sign. That would be huge, Just as long as we dont sign him til he's 42 years old lol. We need Pitching too. Fuck Doug Davis lol.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Haha I Fuckin hate Doug Davis and Casey Coleman. Ya we should trade Byrd and Pena if we can, they are in the last year of their contracts. I bet well make a run at either Pujols or Fielder next year. Even if we give Pujols 10 years that duznt worry me cuz I'm sure he'd retire when he's washed up. I don't see him hanging around when he's not good anymore just for a paycheck

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Ramirez finally got the power stroke goin. Feels good to beat the Brewers. All my friends were cocking off when they had the lead. Brewer fans are huge fags. I know we still suck but I wanted to change the subject in this forum Haha

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Ramirez finally got the power stroke goin. Feels good to beat the Brewers. All my friends were cocking off when they had the lead. Brewer fans are huge fags. I know we still suck but I wanted to change the subject in this forum Haha
Aint your bud Lesbianyayo a Brewers fan? lol. I know there was hella shit talkin going on then. Yea, nice to see them pick up a couple wins versus the Brewers. Also good to see Dumpster pitch a great game on Monday. Still, our pitching is lame and our offense is even lamer.

How did you become a Cubs fan Rossi living in Wisconsin? My girl is bout to be up there in Door County in 2 weeks for her annual family reunion. Door County is dope!

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Aint your bud Lesbianyayo a Brewers fan? lol. I know there was hella shit talkin going on then. Yea, nice to see them pick up a couple wins versus the Brewers. Also good to see Dumpster pitch a great game on Monday. Still, our pitching is lame and our offense is even lamer.

How did you become a Cubs fan Rossi living in Wisconsin? My girl is bout to be up there in Door County in 2 weeks for her annual family reunion. Door County is dope!
Ya lesbianyayo is a huge fag Brewer fan. He didn't talk any shit to me tho but some other friends did. My whole family is Cubs fans so I was born into the curse. Want me to take your girl out drinking when she's here? Haha

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Also I just read they put Barney on the DL with a MCL tear and activated Soriano. Are you from Illinois?
Nah, born and raised in Portland, OR. We have WGN here and I love baseball, and Cubs use to be on WGN damn near every day, so I grew up watching them all the time. I remember this one game I was watching, Steve "Trader" Stone said "Cubs are entering a streak of 23 games in 23 days, and 22 of them will be right here on WGN" lol, now, we're lucky to get 3 games a week on WGN.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Nah, born and raised in Portland, OR. We have WGN here and I love baseball, and Cubs use to be on WGN damn near every day, so I grew up watching them all the time. I remember this one game I was watching, Steve "Trader" Stone said "Cubs are entering a streak of 23 games in 23 days, and 22 of them will be right here on WGN" lol, now, we're lucky to get 3 games a week on WGN.
Ya that used to be great. I would skip out of school to go watch em all the time. I got the baseball package so I can watch em everyday. Kind of a waste of money the last 2 years tho. Stoney and Harry were the shit. Brenly and Casper suck. I hate how they refuse to admit we suck. They act like were gonna turn it around Haha

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
The nightmarish experience of Chicago Cubs fan Steve Bartman can happen to any fan. That's the sobering message of ESPN Films' new documentary, Catching Hell. This will primere on Tuesday, September 27th at 8pm EST on ESPN.

In the eighth inning of Game 6 of the 2003 National League Championship Series at Wrigley Field, Cubs fans had every reason to believe they would finally host a World Series for the first time since 1945. With their ace pitcher going strong, the Cubs led the Marlins 3-0, only five outs short of a pennant. And then the sky fell. Or a foul ball fell from the sky, tearing the cosmic fabric, when a home team fan, Steve Bartman, reaching for a foul pop fly, tipped the ball away from the outstretched glove of leaping Cubs left fielder Moises Alou, who seemed certain to make a spectacular catch.

As the TV cameras focused on the isolated fan, frozen in his seat and staring straight ahead as if in a trance, Cubs fans felt the familiar sense of doom and dread, one that quickly turned to anger as the Marlins then staged a lightning eight-run rally. Even though sure-handed shortstop Alex Gonzalez booted a routine inning-ending double-play ball and the Cubs still had a Game 7 left to try to win it and the mild-mannered Bartman made a sincere public apology, the fans focused their disappointment and rage on Bartman. He fulfilled the ancient need for a scapegoat to explain the inexplicable to Chicago -- why, on the threshold of victory, the door was once more slammed in its face, capping a near-century of losing and frustration.

In a shift from addressing social big-picture topics such as the Enron scandal, the fall of Eliot Spitzer and the detainment of innocent political prisoners, Oscar-winning documentarian Alex Gibney explores the unsettling phenomena of scapegoating in sports with intimate looks at Bartman and Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner. The parallel stories are told in a suspense-filled style, made particularly chilling for Bartman. With never-before-seen footage of Game 6 from inside the stands of Wrigley Field, we see, step by step, how the Friendly Confines turned into a dark place as Cubs fans tried to hold Bartman to account for their collective nightmare.

Going to be watching this for sure. Gonna DVR it since I'll be out of town.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Once that happened everyone knew we were gonna lose, including the players. That was the, here we go again, moment. Fuck Bartman.
It's funny, because I remember exactly where and what I was doing when that happened like it was 9/11 or something. Was at one of my best friends' apartments (Who is also a huge cubs fan) down in Eugene during our college years. We we're in shock and in rage when it happened. After the Bartman inning, we watched the rest of the game in disbelief and almost silence, which the Cubs seemed to do as well. Got fucking shitty drunk that night.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
pretty much the same thing but I was in a friend's basement here in the burbs. We got drunk and were going to drive to the city to find Bartman but we got distracted by white castle.