The official 2014 Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Gruden's QB camp - Derek Carr

copied and pasted this from the Raiderfans forum:
*Strongest arm in the draft (been clocked at 61 MPH )which is as strong as anybody and Gruden said he has the strongest arm -- Other QBs MPH
*Called most of his own plays in college, sometimes 90% of the game
*Changes his own plays, calls the blocking protections after reading the defense. Most college QBs have to learn this in the NFL and he already does and has been watching NFL film since he was 12 years old.
*Intense leader who will be able to excel in the no huddle offense. Imagine formations with Reece, Ausberry and Rivera where you could run or spread them and throw, how do teams cover the run and pass in no huddle? When he gets up to speed it will be impossible!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006

copied and pasted this from the Raiderfans forum:
*Strongest arm in the draft (been clocked at 61 MPH )which is as strong as anybody and Gruden said he has the strongest arm -- Other QBs MPH
*Called most of his own plays in college, sometimes 90% of the game
*Changes his own plays, calls the blocking protections after reading the defense. Most college QBs have to learn this in the NFL and he already does and has been watching NFL film since he was 12 years old.
*Intense leader who will be able to excel in the no huddle offense. Imagine formations with Reece, Ausberry and Rivera where you could run or spread them and throw, how do teams cover the run and pass in no huddle? When he gets up to speed it will be impossible!
I admit I didnt know much about Carr but seeing stuff like this gives me hope however the worst thing about him is his completion rate while on the run, lowest out of all the qbs selected above him. However on top of that if we can actually get our O-line to protect him well he could be the steal of the draft. To me he shouldnt start at all his rookie season which would mean Schaub is actually doing a good job and would be a win win.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Glad we didn't get Manziel and that money thing he did with his hands when he got drafted was arrogant and not professional, the thing he did with his hands just shows he's only in it to get paid and collect his signing bonus and won't last long in the NFL. He's gonna get crushed in the AFC North......The same thing that happened to RG3 will happen to Manziel.

Manziel could be another Eric Crouch or a shorter version of Tim Tebow.

Derek Carr was a safer pick and he's more mature than Manziel.

Another thing is Derek Carr's 40 yard dash is around the same as Manziel, so we got the better passer that could be just as quick on his feet as Manziel but he just doesn't have the same footwork as Manziel.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
If Derek Carr played in the Pac 12 he would of been picked earlier in the draft, I think playing in the Mountain West is one of the main things that hurt his draft stock, but he threw for 5000 yards his senior season and his offensive weapons were not that good except he had that one good WR on his team.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
If Derek Carr played in the Pac 12 he would of been picked earlier in the draft, I think playing in the Mountain West is one of the main things that hurt his draft stock, but he threw for 5000 yards his senior season and his offensive weapons were not that good except he had that one good WR on his team.
If he played with the big boys in the Pac12 his numbers would be way worse

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Last edited: