The official 2014 Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
What points do you disagree with?
Mostly the grade itself. An F is ridiculous. People keep pointing out how the raiders signed guys who are older and past their prime, and fail to point out the fact that most really good players who are in or entering their prime aren't even available.If they are it would cost a lot of money to sign them and wouldn't allow us to meet a number of needs the team has. Also these players have to want to come to Oakland. Reggie can't pick anyone here wants and force them to come here. We can still build through the draft. It isn't like we traded all our draft picks to get big name free agents. I agree we should have tried to keep Veldheer, but who knows what happened there. So many sides to that story now. Other than letting Veldheer and houston walk I don't think there's much else reggie could have done. There's a few guys I wanted us to get that we didn't, but not much. I'd like someone to lay out a plan of what Reggie should have done. Give a list of available players who he should have signed that were available. A list of young good talented players in their prime that would come to oakland at a price that would allow us to fill all our holes. Nobody can do that because those guys aren't out there. The media loves to bash the raiders any chance they get, and it's blatantly obvious.

Jun 23, 2005
Reggie has only had one real draft to work with. His first draft we didn't have a pick till the supplemental 3rd round pick.

Last years draft was bad due to the fact that the top players he picked were hurt, Hayden and Watson. Also Murray was hurt. Hindsight is 50/50, anyone can look at the pick of Hayden and Watson and say they should have got this guy instead after they seen him play, but I still have high hopes for Hayden he just needs to stay healthy. Watson is an unknown.

What Reggie has done great at is late picks and UDFA, brought in mcgloin who did a good job with Little to no reps with the starters. King and streater from two years ago are now starters, rivers and McGee look like decent players.

This next draft he needs to get an immediate impact player in the first round. Of Hayden pans out and Watson turns into a solid tackle the building blocks will start falling in place .

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
ESPN is all Pro- Denver New England thats only teams they really talk about besides The Heat and LBJ, i pretty much don't watch ESPN unless its PTI Or Around The Horn

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Come on...

Why are the Raiders signing all these players that nobody wants? Schaub is the worst signing yet. Now I wouldn't grade them an F but a C- or D would be more appropriate...

They're signing a lot of older on their way out type of players.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Lol raiders have always liked signing our trash. Rogers is terrible. Hated seeing him on the field . Always gave up plays

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
all this D jax talk,..As a big time fan,im not sure this is a good move. Reggio has been doing a good job filling the locker room with guys that work hard and have something to prove. This guy is the opposite. He doesn’t work hard, he has major off the field issues, and you would be bringing him back to the very state where he has all his alleged gang ties. thats the type of shit that destroys the locker room. Listen to what ex teammates are saying about him now that he is gone.

Jan 18, 2006
Lol raiders have always liked signing our trash. Rogers is terrible. Hated seeing him on the field . Always gave up plays
lol relax. I doubt he will start. Maybe be our Nickel back but thats about it. @P.E. Djax would be a terrific signing. He would open up the field for our other recievers to open. Theres a reason why Riley Cooper did so well last season.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Yeah looks like he's gonna stay on Washington. Also saw a report that McKenzie is 'leery' about Desean Jackson's 'me first' attitude. Oh well. Let's draft Sammy Watkins.