the best sound in KC TRAJIK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
I'm with rellesh.....i always wondered why push your product way hard in smaller spots than in your big home town. And this isn't just about Trajik, MANY artists in KC are doing this. I remember having numerous conversations about this when 1ne of a kynd came out. And the big concern was that Kansas City listeners weren't ready for Trajik. And that may be true for the people in the hood and people that hang out at 7th Heaven all day. But it's the white people (especially females) that dig this shit and you got a few good sized suburban communities around the area to push that shit. I know, first time out the gate you're gonna make mistakes. And it's cool to reach out to Joplin and Springfield and what not....But don't forget your potential fan base in the home town.

Mar 12, 2003
70mile.com
Its kindda funny how u said u werent talking about just Trajik but ur whole post was about him lol. Forreal man the reason rappers dont push their music here is because KC doesnt stand behind local artist, ur looked down on if u say ur from KC part of it is because of wack ass rappers before us. If u dont already have a name in KC u wont have one. U have to be known in some kind of way, weather is selling dope killing mafuckas or just plain know everyone. If it wasnt for Tech strange wouldnt be nothing you wouldnt be nothing (not dissin you) think about it. 99.9% of this shit is who u know man.

Jul 7, 2002
As far as promoting the 1ne Of A Kynd project goes, here is my take on what we did.

Kansas City is notoriously a hard city to promote in. Radio doesn't really support that much, and good venues for shows are few and far between unless you are doing somehting fairly large. On the flipside, the smaller cities have smaller clubs that are very willing to do shows and radio stations that are all about playing your music.

There was a plan to promote the CD in KC with radio ads and whatnot. Unforutantely we had decided to wait for our distribution to get locked up so we weren't wasting money on promoting a product not in stores. Locking the distribution took longer than planned and by the time it was ready to roll a few people key to making the project move were "burnt" out on it, and we agreed that it would be best to just move forward with new material.

Basically...KC is a hard place to promote in unless you have a very nice chunk of change to bribe the radio with (I mean hell, I still don't even hear Tech that often on the radio and he is the king in this town). I looked at it like, why put a ton of effort for minimal results when I could goto a small town and put minimal effort and get a ton results.

Hope this clear some of this up...

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
3rd_degree said:
Its kindda funny how u said u werent talking about just Trajik but ur whole post was about him lol. Forreal man the reason rappers dont push their music here is because KC doesnt stand behind local artist, ur looked down on if u say ur from KC part of it is because of wack ass rappers before us. If u dont already have a name in KC u wont have one. U have to be known in some kind of way, weather is selling dope killing mafuckas or just plain know everyone. If it wasnt for Tech strange wouldnt be nothing you wouldnt be nothing (not dissin you) think about it. 99.9% of this shit is who u know man.

preach!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2003
HAHA! Let me shed some light. If I may I mean. Nick's question was a legit question, but those answers would have to come from the 70 Mile artists, and 70 Mile (Matt). Would luv to discuss that more, but unfortunately I am "out of the loop" I should say.

With 70 Mile, I had some connects (working with Court Dog, S 2 the B, II-Sikc, Bizzy Bone, and others) in Joplin and Sedalia, and used that as a basis to start promotion of 70 Mile period, not just Trajik. KC gives very LITTLE love to KC artists, and we all know this. Shit, SOLE don't even fuck with KC no more and so on. We can go to Joplin, make money, and put very little into it (free radio pub, free advertisement, and everywhere we go, the radio went). It was the perfect opportunity to take. CD sales in Joplin are VERY good, kids love 70 Mile, adults, counrty cats, ghetto cats, shit EVERYBODY! It was the right move, and anyone that is in the music industry in KC will validate that if you do not have the cheddar to put your shit out there, then it is a struggle. Don't get me wrong, we have done shows here, sold CD's out of the trunk, hustled, printed up flyers, you name it. Its just VERY difficult in KCMO. Look at Rich, Tone, Hobo, etc.... How much do you hear these cats on the radio? You dont!!

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Ghost & Heat.....I know where you're coming from on the joplin shit. I know yall had connects down there willing to do work for nothing. And you gotta utilize that and you did. I wasn't saying you should push your product more in KC in the expense of doing your thing in joplin or wherever. Get what you can get. I know that Ghost knows that from all the work hes done for the various artists he's been down with. And you don't need to preach about radio in KC being locked down. Everyone knows that. Ever since I moved here in 97 people have been trying to break the barrier at 103 or any other major radio. You'll never get a song in rotation on a station in this market. And it's sad.

oh and 3rd........I wasn't just talking about Trajik, I used him as an example since that was the topic at hand. You can replace his name with Mr Stinky, Court Dog, Rich The Factor.....or whatever makes you more comfortable....its all the same. I feel what your saying about you have know somebody to be somebody. If you trace back most the popular artists in kansas city you WILL see that they all are tied in with some of the pioneers or have made a name for themselves.

Aug 26, 2002
"Get Money" Get Money"

yall need to smoke something and go see a female shake something in ya face ( just no licking Ghost, u look like a cat the does that ) .......

in the words of TI : BE EASY