The Bay in AZ!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2006
So I go to Arizona State, originally from the Bay, but I'm on campus today and walk by some stand to join some club or somethin and they are slappin E-40-Yay Area. I think it was on the radio station 98.3. Well that aint that big of a deal, but then I walk into Hoodlums, the on campus music store and whats the first song that comes on when I walk in. Keak and Turf- We Need Freaks. And no joke, 3 different kids went up to the counter and asked what it was. They were lovin it. People outside the Bay just aint heard real slappers before. The guy showed em the DJ Shadow cd and said it was comin out tomorrow. Just give the Bay its time and we will take over.

Mar 11, 2003
yeah i am from AZ and i've been bumpin the bay sense i was in 6th grade, and i am 25 now, so it's not like people never knew about it, it's just what MTV barely found out about, now all the people think they know about it. good shit tho

Aug 12, 2006
sir-moj said:
What Az like? Phoenix, Scottsdale? Whats the music scene like out there?
Well, Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale is basically the same area. Ya, theres mad Bay folks out here, but the rap out here is terrible. When I went to a Yuk concert at Arizona Beach Club, all the AZ acts that led up to him were some of the shittiest rappers with the shittiest beats that I've ever heard. Pretty wack, but AZ folks definitely feel Bay rap. My boy and I have put hella heads on to Bay rap just ourselves over the 3 years we've been out here and all the Bay concerts that I've been to out here have been poppin.

Aug 26, 2005
i used to live out there in scottsdale, tempe, and mesa and the times that the radio was playing in my apartment complex at the pool and didnt hear any bay rap. but im sure they are bumpin the bay everywhere now cause were blowin

Mar 11, 2003
yep juice is from Arizona( i think originally from Texas) i went to college with him, his name used to be Ruby Spinks, but changed it, my boy and him were in a group in college (Eastern Arizona college), check my boy shit out a couple of post ago www.myspace.com/yjulz

May 2, 2002
I lived in a town named Casa Grande,Az for 13 years and all we listen to is Bay and Sac shit, since junior high I've been slumpin this shit. We've been knowin bout Mac Dre way before his death (R.I.P.),before all the band wagon jumpers got on.You hear a ride passin by over here and the majority of the time it's Sac or Bay music. Most of the youngsters are more into the mainstream stuff tho. All I'm sayin is we got major love for ya'lls music!

Feb 2, 2006
in casa grande muthafuckas i know bump nothin but bay area music. back in the days me and some homies were nig time tweakers. we would smoke like a ball of shiznit and stay up all night. we would bump brotha lynch or x raided nonstop. sometimes until the casette tape broke lol