THE BAY AREA'S VERY OWN "THE CATARACS" ARE ABOUT TO BE ON MTV!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 3, 2007
Hello People of The Siccness!

I come here today to inform you that my musical duo and Berkeley's own, The Cataracs, have been selected to compete in MTV's "Freshman 5" Contest. We are going against 4 other artists this week in a VOTING CONTEST and whoever has the most votes by Friday night will have their video put into regular rotation on MTV.

Although, we are no J-Stalin or Messy Marv or The Jacka or "insert gangster rap artist name" we have still been born and bred in The Bay and we would love nothing more then to give our deserving region some mainstream shine.

So please, take 2 seconds out of your day and click this link:

http://freshmen.mtvu.com/freshmen_nominees/the_cataracs

Select "Vote For This Video" in the upper right hand corner and then VOTE AWAYY!

and please vote a zillion times . . . we are really trying to make this happen.

God Bless Your Soul,
Campa.Cataracs
http://www.myspace.com/thecataracs

Apr 25, 2002
i didn't know the cataracts was emo...how u go from marshawn lynch to that? not hatin jus sayin...voted for yall tho

Apr 7, 2006
i didn't know the cataracts was emo...how u go from marshawn lynch to that? not hatin jus sayin...voted for yall tho
shit i was thinkin the same thing.. you guys made some tight rap songs and switched to pop.. but hey im sure pop sells better nowadays. im not hatin either i voted hella times as well and i don't mind that song.

but i got a question.. are u guys still gonna rap or is it just pop now?

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
I voted for y'all. Y'all are dope. I wish you the best and success. Anybody from the Bay, I always support, but somebody from the Bay that's doin something other than what everybody else is doin, I'm definitely supportin. Good music guys. Take Care and Good Luck. Peace, Bay & Pro$$$perity, RHYTHMX/Raytona500/$ickWid'It Records/ ONEBLOCKRADIUS/Mercury/Island/DefJam

May 4, 2005
now ive heard some of the mixtapes with yall rappin, and its dope.

that black girl track is dope.

but to tell you the truth...... 'julia' is kinda gay.

i still voted.. but it is that what all yalls new stuff sound like?

Apr 3, 2007
Definitely appreciate all this positivity and support . . . coming from the Siccness, it really does mean a lot. (I've observed this message board, it is usually full of hate and narcissism)

To answer some questions out there . . . specifically if, "Julia is what most of our new stuff sounds like?"

The answer is "No." In all honesty, we don't have a specific "sound". Every time we go into the studio and create, we always give birth to the unexpected. "Julia" being one of those tracks.

I can assure you all that we have huge plans, not only for our music, but we hope to take the best of The Bay along with us wherever we end up.

Keep Voting Please,
Campa.Cataracs

Click Here To Vote For The Cataracs:

http://freshmen.mtvu.com/freshmen_nominees/the_cataracs