T-Pain effect?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2004
i really aint feeling the vocoder effect except when the master of it roger troutman did it nobody comes up to par at all and t pain is hella fuckin weak to the 10th power i actually heard almost his entire cd becuz my homies mom baught and she was bumpin it when i was there and he uses that effect on every single song!!!!and its becuz he has no talent he sucks plain and simple

Apr 25, 2002
TUNEZ_PWP said:
i really aint feeling the vocoder effect except when the master of it roger troutman did it
To keep it simple, Roger Troutman used a talkbox which is not the same thing as a vocoder. He did use a vocoder on a few occassions but he's known for playing the talkbox.

Example of a vocoder: 3XKrazy - Keep It On The Real
Example of a talkbox: Roger Troutman - More Bounce To The Ounce

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
TUNEZ_PWP said:
he uses that effect on every single song!!!!and its becuz he has no talent he sucks plain and simple
Thats what I've been saying the whole thread! You can hear nasty ass artifacts from when he misses notes on every song i've heard from that guy. I have no idea how that ugly non singing ass muthafucka got so big, I mean shit not to sound queer but usually when they have untalanted people singing, at least they are either hot chicks or pretty boy dudes. That dude looks like a turd with dreadlocks!

Apr 25, 2002
Malkorasoul said:
Yea i was thinking that they were using a talkbox, but who really uses talkboxes nowadays, with all that software and hardware they come out w/
Well, anyone who wants that genuine talkbox sound would use one but cats have pretty much exhausted it at this point. Most of which either sound like shit because they haven't perfected it or they're not doing anything original.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
that talkbox sound kinda got played out after the g-funk sound died out and the pitch correction effects on everything nowdays is getting hella old fast.

Jul 12, 2002
I can't believe people out there still think Roger used a vocoder. This has been argued a ton of times on this board and vocoder always loses. And yes the talkbox has been exhausted because hella fools do a watered down version because they don't know how to really use it. Latino rap is the reason why it sucks so bad right now.

Oct 10, 2004
DJ Coma said:
I can't believe people out there still think Roger used a vocoder. This has been argued a ton of times on this board and vocoder always loses
^GEEEEZZZ!!!!! sorry napolean dynamite

i didnt know there was difference between a talkbox and a vocoder and truthfully i dont care becuz i have never used one nor do i ever plan to use one.but i did know one you play keys with and speak into a device as you played and one was configuring shit on a program but i never knew there was a differnt name i just figured the vocoder effects was bullshit cuz it allways sounded like shit so congradulations dj como you knew somethin i didnt and it was such a big deal!!!

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
TUNEZ_PWP said:
but i did know one you play keys with and speak into a device as you played and one was configuring shit on a program

lol sorry to be a prick but that's wrong too....With a vocoder u speak into a mic and use the keys, with a talkbox there is no speaking involved...

And please believe it is STILL one of the rawest instruments on the planet. But as Sic Wid It said some cats just don't practice enough or try to emulate Roger a BIT too much

Dec 29, 2002
www.facebook.com
I started this thread for some advice on how to get the setting of the T- Pain sound I didnt know it would start so much hating on it so Im saying "Dont hate the playa Hate the Game " to who ever that started the negativity I cant say Im a fan of Auto Tune but realisticlly half of the industry uses it....so be it:siccness:

HERESY said:
Who is this directed at?