Super String Theory

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
this is actually only one of the string theories, there are about 6 of them and they cite different number of dimensions (10 or 26) as well as higher order theories (M-theory etc.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

nobody knows which one is correct or even if only one is correct though

moreover, after more than 30 years of PhD theses and thousnads of papers written no experimentally testable results have been produced and most of it is just theoretical considerations so the jury is still out

Jun 17, 2004
Theres no way to scientifically prove other dimensions because we only have (and will probably always only have) the tools to detect input from our own dimension. Thus it's only a theory and will probably be a theory... FOREVER.

The whole reason why the extra-dimensional theory exists is because when they do their gauge calculations on a photon it comes up as either 26 dimensions or 10-11 dimensions (depending on the formula used Bosonic or M-Theories) instead of 4 dimensions (which we live in). So they are getting this result but, they can't experimentally test and prove the result itself.

Aug 6, 2006
^^This is all mathematical theory.. Supposedly a theory of everything that tries to mesh the chaotic quantum theories with Einstein's theory of relativity. When you think about it, there's actually no way to physically prove most of Einstein's theories.. How do we know that sun light/light energy comes from colliding gas particles? We can't observe this..

Feb 9, 2003
There are also theories that say that if you are able to determine the movement and direction of every single atom in the universe you would be able to predict the future. I think it's all shit and I didn't need a PhD to tell you that one.

Jun 17, 2004
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
There are also theories that say that if you are able to determine the movement and direction of every single atom in the universe you would be able to predict the future. I think it's all shit and I didn't need a PhD to tell you that one.
Hmm future... well time is all relative as well, it's just a concept of the human mind....

Heres something most people don't know or realize is possible, TIME DILATION;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_d...itational_time_dilation_combined-effect_tests

Mar 12, 2005
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
Not necessarily, anyone who just has high intelligence might as say the have a Ph. D. That's basically what it is, a Doctorate for the Love of Knowledge.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
FunK-3-FivE said:
Theres no way to scientifically prove other dimensions because we only have (and will probably always only have) the tools to detect input from our own dimension. Thus it's only a theory and will probably be a theory... FOREVER.
There are actually four dimensions: 3 of space and 1 of time.

Jun 17, 2004
ReKz said:
There are actually four dimensions: 3 of space and 1 of time.
If you would have read the second paragraph I actually already stated this.

Haha why do people on this board keep trying to correct me by repeating shit I already stated?

Kind of redundant, maybe people should read entire posts. Lazy Americans...

FunK-3-FivE said:
The whole reason why the extra-dimensional theory exists is because when they do their gauge calculations on a photon it comes up as either 26 dimensions or 10-11 dimensions (depending on the formula used Bosonic or M-Theories) instead of 4 dimensions (which we live in). So they are getting this result but, they can't experimentally test and prove the result itself.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
FunK-3-FivE said:
If you would have read the second paragraph I actually already stated this.

Haha why do people on this board keep trying to correct me by repeating shit I already stated?

Kind of redundant, maybe people should read entire posts. Lazy Americans...
My bad, I didn't notice that part. I just read it over real quick and that first paragragh caught my attention.