Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery 5/15/10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm

Main Card
Heavyweight Championship Bout: Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem (c) vs. Brett "The Grim" Rogers
Heavyweight Bout: Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva
Middleweight Bout: Joey Villaseñor vs. Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza
Light Heavyweight Bout: Roger Gracie vs. Kevin "The Monster" Randleman
Light Heavyweight Bout: Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Antwain Britt

Ubereem and Rogers were supposed to fight a year ago but there was backing out of tentative fights on both sides, and with Strikeforce trying to build up a Fedor vs. the champ fight they're going to go at it now. It will be Reem's first title defense in two years because of Strikeforce banking on Buentello beating him for the title and not having a contract in place for Alistair, along with him also having contracts with Dream and K-1 (if you're not familiar with him please direct your attention to my sig). Reem and Rogers really don't like each other so I'm guessing this one's not going the distance. Also on the card is Arlovski's first fight since being KO'd by Rogers on his quest to rematch Fedor, facing Bigfoot who lost to Werdum on last November's CBS card. This should be a pretty good, technical fight for heavyweights. Jacare makes his return since beating the shit out of Lindland against Villaseñor who's currently riding a 4 fight win streak. A good test for both to see their standings in the middleweight division. I think the most interesting matchup is Roger Gracie, arguably the best Brazilian Jiu-Jiutsu practitioner on the planet, against a seemingly bad matchup in Randleman. For how shitty he's looked lately, Randleman's still a good wrestler so if Gracie has trouble taking him down he could potentially get sent back to BJJ tournaments. And lastly in what I'm guessing will be a #1 contender fight for a chance at King Mo Lawal, we have former Black House golden boy, Feijao Cavalcante against Antwain Britt. Feijao was supposed to be the next big thing based on him training with Anderson Silva, Machida and The Nogs at Team Black House but was TKO'd by Mike Kyle last June in what was supposed to be a showcase fight to bring him against Babalu who was the champ at the time.

A great fight which is supposed to be on the undercard is now looking doubtful between Vitor "Shaolin" Ribiero and Lyle "Fancy Pants" Beerbohm. Fancy Pants made a post on the UG asking if anyone can find him a lawyer that can get him out of his Strikeforce contract. I'm guessing after sitting on the shelf for a year he's pissed they're putting him on the undercard with no stream which probably fucks up his sponsor money. And also doesn't get to showcase the awesome shorts his mom makes for his fights.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
It wasn't that bad .. King Mo pulled off a fairly big upset even though Mousasi seemed like he was just going through the motions in there, Melendez & Aoki was a fight between two top 10s which should always looked at as something good and Shields dominated Dan Henderson for 20 minutes after being badly badly hurt .. something most people would never have recovered from.

I didn't think the card was as bad as most did. Sure I was expecting a little more excitement but it was still a fairly decent card.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Arlovski was last June when he got KO'd by Rogers, Randleman was a split decision loss to Nedkov last November in Sengoku. Also lost to Whitehead the same night Arlovski got KO'd

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Main Card
Alistair Overeem (253) vs. Brett Rogers (264)
Andrei Arlovski (242) vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (265.5)
Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (186.5) vs. Joey Villasenor (186)
Roger Gracie (205.75) vs. Kevin Randleman (205)
Antwain Britt (204.5) vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante (206)

Preliminary Card
Justin De Money (169) vs. Jesse Finney (172)
Lyle Beerbohm (156) vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro (156)
Lee Brousseau (204) vs. Fransisco France (206)
Mike Chandler (170) vs. Sal Woods (170)
Tom Aaron (157.5) vs. Erik Steenberg (155)
Matt Ricehouse (156) vs. Greg Wilson (155)
Darryl Cobb (184) vs. Booker DeRousse (187*)

*Derousse came in one pound over and has two hours to cut to 186 lbs.