Strange Noize SF show review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2007
Went to San Fran show last night and thought I'd drop my two cents about it. Not a professional critic by any means but figured I'd try to give some incite to those who want it. I got the VIP passes for the show and with all the merch and early entrance to the show is a pretty good deal. Not to mention meeting all the acts with a fairly limited number of people there, so you could pretty much have them sign anything, talk about anything or what have you. I pretty much just talked to Prozak and he's a real down to earth guy. He had 10 days notice before the tour due to Sen Dog (CH) dropping out. Then talked to Tech/Kutt/Kalico which is the main reason I went and was what I expected pretty much, overall a good experience.

Dirtball - hadn’t heard much about him until this tour but dude can flow and really is pretty good live. Does his best to get the crowd involved is fairly entertaining at the same time. This guy has talent is improving what I heard at the show, performance was good enough to make me pick up his album.

Prozak - I like Prozak a lot, not only for his music but he has a hand in almost everything. I didn’t know his deal with strange is pretty much a distro deal much like gp and the deal Strange has with Fontana. Anyway good live performance, never seen him before and didn't know he performed with another guy. But really for being what most would call an "opening act" really did pretty good.

Brother J - First off let me say Brother J is a fixture in music forever! He is a legend! Which is odd when you approach him and tell him you really like everything he's done and he gets a look in his eyes like it’s the first time he heard it? This dude should hear this constantly, he has done amazing things, his lyrics and message are beyond comparison. However he is older now and can hardly make it through his set without losing his voice (this was only the 4th show out of over 30+ so I hope he holds up and everyone can see a legend). However I would put him first in the line up and a shorter time slot, just for voice preservation for the entire tour so everyone gets a c(Hed) PE - Again a Sub Noize I hadn’t heard much out of, and I really don’t dig too much rock but these dudes really do rock! I haven’t been to many live rock shows but out of what I've seen this band is the best I've seen live. Very good crowd interaction. A little out there and definitely diff. but hey this is strange noize right?

Tech N9ne/Kalico/Kutt - Most of you have seen them live and if not I don’t know how too explain it. The greatest show on earth... I even told the security guard (a young dude who never heard of Tech) he was seeing the greatest show on earth and being paid to watch it. Through their set he'd look back and nod with the beat I'd just laugh. But for real, if you haven’t seen them Live Get Tickets Now!!

KMK - First of all I am not a Kottonmouth fan. I do think they have some good songs but after two dozen records you bound to. Mostly about weed and lyrical content beyond that is a rarity for these guys. But they won’t argue... their party dudes who make music for their fans and about shit they like... in this case smoking all the damn time. They do put on a good show and lots of energy for probably close to 15 years in the industry. They perform well and with a live dj and drummer makes things even more interesting. And anyone who knows about KMK who is Pakelina and what is his purpose. He is one of the most interesting cats I've even seen on stage and adds some comedy to the show and is entertaining but left me constantly wondering what the fuck is he doing? Maybe that’s his purpose who knows.

Anyway a very good experience and will definitely be hitting them up on the Strictly Strange Tour this fall! Also Prozak said from what he heard the Like Yeah video is tight and they did ask him to direct but it was that or go on this tour so he did not direct it. I know some will be happy to hear that, not mean because I think the dude is amazing at directing. But also see the need for diversity in direction just as well as production on the music side. Any way that’s about all I can think of but if you have any questions about the show let know and I'll do my best to remember.

Oct 17, 2006
nice review. i fee lthe same bout Hed Pe. i dont listen to rock music but there live show is crazy shit.

kmk is good if your into that type of stuff im not into ti anymore but they are some cool guys. Pakelika's main attaction is to do what you saw him do sit on stage and dance and show signs and smoke "weed" lol.

Oct 3, 2007
Oh yeah for sure KMK are entertaining .. oh also forgot. Don't know if Tech will do it at all shows but he is performing before KMK and while their on he was letting people tour his bus, for anyone that would want to try and check it out.

Anyone heard of Joe Vertigo? Well he is a local rapper in KC and Techs security. Well this dude was out by the bus, obviously Tech was inside cause Joe was outside looking like security looks I guess stern faced crossed arms. Well he turned around and this dude was behind him and clapped .. I guess scared Joe cause it was loud and he turned around and said I'm Joe Vertigo, back the fuck up I been to jail I'll go back, I'll beat your ass. His friend must have been muggin so Joe looked at him and said you want some too? Joe looked at the original dude and said do 10 push ups now! Dude got down and did the push ups and then got back in line to get on the bus. Dude was doing pushups right outside Tech's bus. Dude was shittin his pants .. he said I almost got my ass kicked by Joe Vertigo. I told the dude Joe was normally cool, dont know what you did to piss him off but it was funny shit, still think Joe was fuckin with him.

Oct 25, 2006
did anybody see me outside? i was drunk with my boys and they ended up not letting us in because my boy couldnt hang, he was fallin all over the place in line like a dumb ass, so i ended up just sellin all four tickets. i was fuckin pissed

Oct 3, 2007
If you're talking strange yeah they had some new stuff out, looked pretty good. At the venue I went to the merch was just in a small room so I didnt check it out much as far as the other booths, but strange had some cool looking new stuff. Forgot to get cash and no atm at the venue so I guess I'll have to wait til it goes to the strange store.