Stockton Rap Artist in Murderdog

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
coo read but i dont agree with the the whole "stockton scene is starting to kick in" thing............it started kickin in back in the early-mid 90's when Sac,Oakland,Frisco,EPA, and Richmond were starting to kick in.back with cats like Funk Mobb/DOA, C.O.P.S., Black Rhino,Killa Tribe,HCU,T-Lo,man there was so many albums out back then,Stockton had a track record.and it wasnt no pro tools in your room bullshit,it was cats payin $80 an hour to record it and gettin their tapes and cd's pressed up from Disk Makers and Rainbow.quality shit,and the scene wasnt flooded.its different now.back then you could catch E-40 slangin tapes from the trunk,or Master P over here.theres no reason Stockton shouldnt be more of a factor right now.cats just fell off and it got flooded with bullshit thru the years like ery other city up here..........

Master P shouted us out on the T.R.U. True 2 Da Game album........

Mac Dre shouted us out on Thizzelle Washington.........

E-40 shouted us out on Mr. Flamboyant.............

Baby Bash shouted us out a couple times............

like argubally damn near 4 of the biggest rappers from "the bay" (with respect to Too Short) shouted us out cus they knew how it was.we had the oppertunity,i aint hatin cus i'd love to see stockton be a factor but i dont see that comin anytime soon.i think the only thing that brought "the bay" "back" is the fact that all those cities are put into one catergory/name,the bay.and that there is a big ass "bay" hype ........
but over here.......
erybody wanna be a rapper + erybody thinkin their the best = a flooded scene

D-Cal from Black Rhino said it best........"Up in Stockton everybody and their momma tryna flow"

Nov 14, 2002
you hit it on the head...

i understand he lives in stockton but i think a artist from the 209 he should rep the whole valley the same way a oakland/frisco/vallejo/richmond artist reps the whole bay.why limit your money and fame to just your town?...THIS GOES TO YOU BAY ARTIST TOO...give Modesto/Merced/Fresno/Atwater/Sacramento/Ceres/Turlock/Lodi and every city you can think of in the valley a shout out and watch how they support your music.you might think "fuck no,and fuck yall" hahaha but im just tryin to put yall up on a little bit of game in a real way.we love to hear our city being named in a song just like when Mac Dre gave a few shotouts everybody and they momma was lovin and respecting Mac Dre x50 for that.

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray

i understand he lives in stockton but i think a artist from the 209 he should rep the whole valley the same way a oakland/frisco/vallejo/richmond artist reps the whole bay.why limit your money and fame to just your town?...THIS GOES TO YOU BAY ARTIST TOO...give Modesto/Merced/Fresno/Atwater/Sacramento/Ceres/Turlock/Lodi and every city you can think of in the valley a shout out and watch how they support your music.you might think "fuck no,and fuck yall" hahaha but im just tryin to put yall up on a little bit of game in a real way.we love to hear our city being named in a song just like when Mac Dre gave a few shotouts everybody and they momma was lovin and respecting Mac Dre x50 for that.
i can agree with that

Apr 25, 2002

but you know its different now.theres a big bay hype.it aint really with the older cats,its mostly the young cats.but these cats wanna keep it strictly bay.i saw a cd at rasputin a long time ago and it was called "strictly for the bay" i think kmel dropped it.well it looked coo, but since it said "strictly for the bay" i strictly kept my money.the reason Mac Dre, Master P,E-40,RBL,just the older generation sold more albums is cus there wasnt no wall between Alameda and San Joaquin County,now there is,nows its less money.bay this,bay that, bay boys,baydestrian,baytastic,thats gonna keep you in the bay.........shit wasnt like that 15 years ago...............

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
Stockton please support Replay Records on Pacific Avenue. Keep the underground spots that support local music alive and thriving.

While your in there grab Damien "Up N Smoke". Another tip it is a good look for Ren to have an interview within the pages of Murder Dog Magazine. It was along time since he had been interviewed in the Magazine, and I am actually surprised that more people haven't shown this topic love. Keep pushing hard Ren. That is one thing that Ren is good at and that is promoting his projects and changing his promotions based on the times.