STEREO RECORDING

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2004
I noticed one guy was saying he recorded every track in stereo,what i want to know is what is the standard for recording in stereo.personally i mostly record synths,strings,and basslines.but it really depends what type of effect I want.whats your formula and opinions on this?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I track according to the source. EVERY instrument in my beats get tracked out. How I track it depends on the source material. Strings, piano's, certain lead patches, pads and sounds that are usually "stereo" in source/nature get dumped that way. As I stated before (IN THE THREAD THAT WAS LOST DUE TO SERVER CHANGES) I *will* dump a sound in stereo if I plan on MULTING the track/channel/instrument. Another topic another thread....

recording a sound that isn't "true stereo" on two channels will result in the parts summing 3db louder when panned hard left and right.

Dec 29, 2002
www.facebook.com
Same here I guess Ive experimented so much in recording that I got it down to a science for my production. I usually know what Im going to pan left or right so theres no need for a stereo track but I do records certain sounds or synths in stereo for a broaden effect to the listener. Ive tested my tracks with other known popular tracks to get a simular effect. :cool: thats just what I do and how I do it............www.InsaneMixaken.com