****SQUARES****

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2005
A lot of ya'll on siccness do not know....
Record company A&R's look at these message boards..its sad to say but it's true..instead of being able to get the street's opinion on bay area rap music..they have to get the internet critics opinion...only because those A&R's have no way to get in contact with the streets.
So when ya'll make thread title's like "40's new single wit keak sucks"
and "San Quinn's new single sucks"....

Those major record companies see that.

Its simple marketing brother..why would they want the bay?

If the A&R's see that the bay area's own rap fans aren't feeling their OWN music...why would the rest of the nation feel it?

It's pretty simple my friends
think about it
If you really want the Bay to be Back show some support...

And another thing
A lot of ya'll also complain about mobb music not being around anymore

..another simple one

For years up until around 2003..Bay rappers were still doing mob music.

but think about why they stopped.

After 1996 album sales from Bay artists have gradually went down
but bay artists kept doing their "mob music"

since you wanted that mob music why didnt you all buy the albums and support it...if you kept buying those albums..mob music would still be around strong..

Once bay artists gave up on that shit because it wasnt selling..they had to move on to the next thing--Young bay niggas

hyphy music did not come from a music studio

it came from the new generation of young adults in the bay
around 2003 when lil jon was makin slaps for Ying Yang" salt shaker" and Too $hort's "Shake that monkey"...and even the neptunes and busta ryhmes "Light your ass on fire"....These young cats were going crazy to this..with or without it being from the bay. Once the Federation seen this going on mostly in Oakland..they made Hyphy..directed to young cats
and most likely..if you do not understand Hyphy
then u will not like it..square

So this is the new movement..Hyphy
Accept it or not ....it's here
and if u dont like it
go into your 90's collection of bay area music and have fun

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
what do you know what A&Rs do? enlighten me more mr. music business. If I think a song is weak I'll say its weak. If a bay rapper makes a weak song, its a weak song. I don't want some bullshit hit the nationwide level and the Bay is known for putting out bullshit FUCK THAT!

Nov 1, 2004
you guys could try what DJ Pimp does... if u dont like something, dont say anything. if u do like it, say something postive.. no one gives a shit if your not feeling something.
why dont you try that, instead of tryin to be so negative all the time

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
you refer to the e-40 thing why should a&r's give a fuck about 40 still he's already signed to a major and even though those threads are started by people who dont like the music,it ends up gettin filled wid ppl disagreeing because they like it so if a&r's really read this board they'd see how bay ppl love bay music

Jul 20, 2005
ValleyEnt said:
90's are Over, But the 90's was the Best era in BAY RAP and will never be Topped. NEVER! All that HYPHY shit is Garbage and annoying.

but this hyphy shit is going to bring it back 2 the bay..... garbage or not.... GET with the times.....

Aug 20, 2004
fed_life said:
but this hyphy shit is going to bring it back 2 the bay..... garbage or not.... GET with the times.....
And thats the wrong thinkin to have...some people on here ONLY care about The Bay gettin shine...by an way possible..even if its WACK..is that the best mentality to have???DOnt you want your REGION repped the way YOU think it should???

Thats the downfall of the Bay music scene...its gotten DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION....

Nov 1, 2004
fed_life said:

we hope...

im feelin most of the shit. i just hope artists dont go all out hyphy.. every song on an album cant be hyphy.. thats why Son Of a Pimp is tight.

Apr 26, 2005
fuck kissin ass to get radio play. fuck major label a&r's they just wanna swoop up some talent to exploit for there own profits. i think its square shit to kiss ass and say shits tight if im not feelin it. maybe if fools put effort into making good music,instead of becoming the next dirty south, shit would actually happen for the bay.

"t came from the new generation of young adults in the bay
around 2003 when lil jon was makin slaps for Ying Yang" salt shaker" and Too $hort's "Shake that monkey"...and even the neptunes and busta ryhmes "Light your ass on fire"....These young cats were going crazy to this..with or without it being from the bay. Once the Federation seen this going on mostly in Oakland..they made Hyphy..directed to young cats
and most likely..if you do not understand Hyphy"

also not to be a prick but all these songs sucked ass, and the whole chincy beat club music shit is pathetic, i would rather not blow up nationwide than make lame ass shit aboout the club.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Change is a sign of evolution! Hate it or love it... but Mob Music has evolved into Hyphy! E-40 is an exact product of that, and there is nothing wrong. Some of ya'll can chose to live in the past hoping for a comeback of your favorite washed up's, or preserve the past for what it was and root for the new era of those who will carry the torch. Bailey is hot...but he can't help that he wasn't born as "Rappin Ron" reincarnated! Get real... somebody wants to go diggin thru some Old skool un-used Sam Bostic, Mike Mosely, Mike Dean, and Rick Rock beats to put new talent on them trying to re-expose what's already been done. We won many games with that playbook...but not the Championship! So now with a new playbook, new rookies, and Veteran MVP's... we enter a new season! As you can see, everyone has tried to still our plays (Da Musicizans, Jay-Z, Dip Set, etc.) but they just can't seem to execute them the same way! So on that note, keep the fans involved, don't show boat and focus on winning!

May 4, 2005
sirreal said:
fuck kissin ass to get radio play. fuck major label a&r's they just wanna swoop up some talent to exploit for there own profits. i think its square shit to kiss ass and say shits tight if im not feelin it. maybe if fools put effort into making good music,instead of becoming the next dirty south, shit would actually happen for the bay.
fa sho. ^ but really. why is it such a concern that the bay 'blows up' i mean personaly i could careless...as long as the bay makes music ill slap that shit.. but who cares if some nigga in jersey is playin a bay record.

and like E-40s new single.. im not a fan of that track.. i feel that is bad representation of the bay on a national level.

Nov 27, 2005
Filthy_Rich said:
because this is a message board for posting opinions. plus dj pimp knows a lot of the artists personally. and if A&Rs are really reading this to find out what people are sayin about 40's new single, then they're getting what they came for, real opinions. people on the siccness generally listen to a lot more music than your average high school kid or some random street cat. it'd be a good idea to take our opinions to heart.
I didn't say A&R's come on here for 40...
they come on here for new bay talent period....
and more or less...there's more threads talkin shit about artist
then threads supporting them

Nov 27, 2005
Gringo Starr said:
And thats the wrong thinkin to have...some people on here ONLY care about The Bay gettin shine...by an way possible..even if its WACK..is that the best mentality to have???DOnt you want your REGION repped the way YOU think it should???

Thats the downfall of the Bay music scene...its gotten DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION....
That's another one of my points...I dont know..if u kno this
but this hyphy music is blowing up..as a matter of fact...
Last months issue of ROLLING STONE had a article on the
Bay area Hyphy movement.
I understand that you dont like this type of music..and respect that...
but let me ask you a question...have you been to a sideshow in the last 3 years???
or even to a club in the bay area??
If you have then I think you would see that Hyphy isnt just music
..it comes from the streets of the bay area

maybe you should get out more....