Soundscan 8/9/06 E-40 Keeps Rising YEE!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2006
YoungL415 said:
^

He didn't spend that much on his album if you think about it.

He is on Lil Jon's label so the beats he got from him should be free.

Droop-E and Rick Rock I don't think killed his pockets.

Studio Ton and Bosko I don't think did that either.

So he should be fine.
how much do you think a Little X video costs? just asking..

Apr 24, 2006
BOTTOM LINE, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT KIND OF DEAL HE HAS...MOST ARTISTS THAT ARE MAINSTREAM MAKE MORE MONEY OFF OF TOURING AND MERCHANDISE...THEY HARDLY EVEN SEE ANY MONEY FROM RECORDS SOLD.

Apr 25, 2002
40s sales are consistant. I would think having u and dat would get more people interested in buying his album by now. The song has another month then left on the radio then its on to the next single. Young Joc already went gold but i wonder how much bread he collecting knowing that Puff is breakin major bread on promotions etc...

Jun 30, 2005
^ That is somethin we cant deny but the numbers are what labels pay attention to. If you listened to Fabbys interview with Siccness he says himself the lables wanted him to do a certain amount like 10,000 before there could be serious talks of signing him. Labels want to be confident that they can make a profit with bay area artists and if the numbers aint right no one is gonna get deals...so 40 was the example and what kicked it off, Im sure if he went gold out the gate we woulda seen a handful of bay artists signed or negotiating deals...I Know some are already though.
well said. hopefully U & Dat will help him move more records and hopefully 40 will continue to sell consistently.

Mar 8, 2006
^^I don't know too many mainstream rappers unless they are in power positions as far as hella offers on the table from different Majors that get 25% of album sales. Its more like 10%, but 40 I'm sure has a pretty lucrative deal with Lil John so I wouldn't be surprised if he got that much or a bit more. 25% is Michael Jackson shit as far as percent of sales.

Apr 25, 2005
Man some of yall is way 2 concerned and emphasize 40z sales to much. If niether 40 nor Warner Bros is concerned bout his sales why is you as a fan concerened? Its quality over quantity. Fuck a wack ass album that goes platinum, I would prefer a good album that doesn't do a mill. We should just appreciate the fact that 40 dropped a quality and has people even mentioning the Bay again.

kle

Sicc OG
Nov 22, 2005
The General said:
Man some of yall is way 2 concerned and emphasize 40z sales to much. If niether 40 nor Warner Bros is concerned bout his sales why is you as a fan concerened? Its quality over quantity. Fuck a wack ass album that goes platinum, I would prefer a good album that doesn't do a mill. We should just appreciate the fact that 40 dropped a quality and has people even mentioning the Bay again.
Good Point and one that I agree with. Quality >>> Quantity. Just would like to see that 40 got a plaque to show for his hard work and a quality album pieced together.

Increase in sales still is a good look, even though, were probably fed up with U and Dat, it is # 3 on Rhythmic charts and still climbing. He's going to continue to move units and he's still on tour too, with a 3rd single on the way, I have no idea what direction it's going to be headed but it's seems to be a positive one.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
only 25% of album sales go back to recouping promotions cost?

shit... they want all the money back and will get it before they start cuttin an artist a check. The label will pretty much recoup ALL costs incurred in recording, mixing, mastering, manufacturing, marketing and promoting an album. If they spend $200,000 on putting an album together and out in the marketplace, they're damn sure not settling for $50,000 towards the costs incurred.

Sep 19, 2005
YoungL415 said:
^

He didn't spend that much on his album if you think about it.

He is on Lil Jon's label so the beats he got from him should be free.

Droop-E and Rick Rock I don't think killed his pockets.

Studio Ton and Bosko I don't think did that either.

So he should be fine.
Nothing is FREE!!!!!!!!!

Oct 28, 2003
It ain't about the numbers right now. 40 and what Lil Jon is doing with his project is keeping the mainstream light on the Bay. For him to be making an increse this late into a project is great. FYI...Rappers don't go platinum like they use to- those days are over. I saw 40's video at #4 on MTV today and #6 on 106 and Park- THAT'S BIG.

Apr 11, 2006
go 40 thas all I gotta say.. and I like to know how peeps ablums are sellin because thas how you know how the rest of the world is takin you.... he deserves to go plat 4 sure with this though and it aint like his stats are gonna determine whether I buy his album or not.. s

May 12, 2006
The General said:
^^ yup all i ever cared bout was if he was gonna drop a good album not how much he was gonna sell of the album...before it said and done it'd be dope if he droped another hyphy video for the nation like #4

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
low bay area sales dont offend me when i see talentless garbage like young joc doing over 500,000 plus. U and Dat shouldnt have been the 2nd single. Sounds too much like every other little john beat. anyway, we also need another bay artist helping e-40 because hes all up there by himself doin the damn thang.