SONICS..SEATTLE REACH LAST MINUTE SETTLEMENT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
ŧ♣иγ²º⁶;3760103 said:
There's still the pending case between Schultz and Bennett...
Oh please...thats the biggest farce of all this shit. You think he is going to want to spend the money on the case? FUCK no.

Saving face does nothing for the Sonics, and everythign for Schultz.

Jun 27, 2005
Like this dude on local Portland sports radio said, paul allen and the blazer organization need to help and do whatever they can to do to put a NBA team in seattle, paul allen owes it to the region.... what they will actutally do... I have no idea. or what they even can do besides say they are mad, so I dunno.... but it's bull shit

So what does this mean, Sacramento is in the NW division now?
what is Paul Allen supposed to do to put a team in Seattle? The NBA does not allow an owner to have a stake in more than one team. I don't see how he owes it to Seattle either. He owns the fuckin Seahawks (and I think he own's their pro soccer team too) for God's sake, what more do people want him to do? I understand Sonics fans are pissed off and rightfully so but its not Paul's job to resolve it. If anything, Schultz owes it to the region to reestablish the Sonics (the team name and colors stay with Seattle). And Stern said there will be no division realignment. The Sonics ( or whatever they rename themselves) will still be in the NW div.

Mar 24, 2006
I feel ya'lls pain up there in Seattle for real. I mean they been there since 1966 for cryin' out loud (I didnt know that until today). I always thought they came around in the late 70's n' shit.

Jun 27, 2005
Thank you to all the Portland people supporting us through this. I know people have thrown this idea out there, but I would just like to say that I would be adamantly opposed to the Trail Blazers being the solution to our vacancy. That should not happen and will not happen.

Again, we appreciate your support our brothers to the south.
Yeah shit is fucked. I hate this shit.bennet and schultz can die chokin on a vaseline dick.

Nov 24, 2003
So they made this agreement outside of the arbitration?

My understanding is that they eliminated the need for the judge's ruling?

Did anyone read how the judge was planning on ruling?

I had previously read preliminary repots that most people thought she was gonna rule in favor of the city

May 11, 2002
i hope after 3 years Durrant says fuck Oklahoma and signs as a free agent somewhere else. Seriously, who the fuck wants to live or play in fucking Oklahoma, its hard enough for the Seattle teams to get players to sign because of the weather here, how the fuck is Oklahoma going to get players?

god dammit I am so pissed, then again I saw it coming.

May 9, 2002
Unfortunetly, they supported the Hornest quite well.

And lets not forget that small markets thrive in the NBA for the MOST part. One only has to look at Utah, Portland and San Antonio...none of these cities has any other major sports (MLB/NFL) and they do very well. Memphis, Charlotte, and Sacramento are strugglin right now, however...even though Sac was doing well in the early 2000's.

It could really go either way down there. But somethin tells me that Clay's slimeness wont end here...he will continute to be a douche bag to his fellow Okies once that team gets there and everything seems peachy.

Nov 24, 2003
That was my understanding as well. I heard she was a "by the book" type of judge and if the lease was till 2010 then she would side with the city.

Seattle fans got fucked over from all angles.

Yeah wtf??

I mean the city goes into trial talking all this mess "no amount of money blah blah"

Then it looks like the judge is gonna rule in their favor....

So they take a 75 mil (possibly 45 mil) buyout????????

You gotta think if they city does when the ruling, they gain some leverage as far as clay possibly unloading the team because he doesn't want to wait 2 more years.

If anything, they could have gotten more money.

Apr 25, 2002
Soft cock politics.

I've never felt so betrayed by politicians in my entire life. I'm voting against every single one of them every opportunity I get, including the governor, city council, everybody that had a hand in this. I'm real hesitant to make this a red blue thing, but a huge part of me wants to put the democratic party in Washington state on a permanent suspension until the NBA returns b/c almost 100% of the people who had a hand in this were democrats.

I am breaking the law down here in not having a Texas driver's license (they force you to after 30 days of living here) simply b/c I WILL vote in the state of Washington this November.

Sep 4, 2002
I mean you guys forked out a billion dollars for new football/baseball stadiums, but weren't thinkin in the near future that you would need a new arena for the sonics....

Now the non NBA fan tax payers don't wanna fork out MORE money for another stadium....

Jun 27, 2005
^^^they didn't need a new arena. thats just the typical bullshit they say before making efforts to move a team. the sonics will probably be back in Seattle in a couple years when they find out okc can't support a team nearly as well as Seattle.