Some words from Big Von (106 KMEL)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2008
i was juss talkin to him on ustream about what ppl say on here and the state of BAY music... these are his direct words.

"they feel that just cause they make music it should be played, and no . i aint wit the garbage"

May 8, 2008
lol "i aint wit the garbage" hahahaha foreel? I've sure been hearing "Pretty Boy Swag" a lot lately. Ain't Soulja Boy like Von's favorite rapper something?? LMAO KMEL be on some other shit.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
BIG VON IT'S YOUR FAULT THE BAY FELL OFF, I HOPE YOU SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT KNOWING YOU PREVENTED A LOT OF DUDES FROM EATING WITH THIS BAY RAP SHIT, U ARE THE BIGGEST HATER KNOWN TO MAN. THANKS.

Feb 15, 2008
Its funny that just 1 man is responsible for the rise or fall of bay area rap. Is Kmel the only radio station in northern california? Last time I checked there were 6 other stations just like it. 2 in sac,1 stockton, 1 modesto, 1 in frisco, 1 montery/salinas and none of them are playing a lot of bay records in standard rotation either.

Feb 8, 2006
There are a lot of bay area cats putting out subpar music. There are also a lot bay area cats putting out slaps pushing a hard line. True there are other radio stations in northern california but are any of those in the num 4 or 5 market in the country? No there not. In my opinion VON does SUCK............

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
dont give me that "big von didnt ruin the shit", he certainly DOESNT HELP!!! Yeah theres a lot of weak ass shit out there, but theres a lot of GREAT shit out there too. I have yet to hear ANY 40 song on the radio. This is 40, were talkin about the ambassador here... and he cant even get no love?!?! but the new boyz are heavy in rotation?!?! dont give me that shit man he can help but he chooses not too.

Feb 15, 2008
There are a lot of bay area cats putting out subpar music. There are also a lot bay area cats putting out slaps pushing a hard line. True there are other radio stations in northern california but are any of those in the num 4 or 5 market in the country? No there not. In my opinion VON does SUCK............
Well there is 94.9 who is in the number 4 market in country as well. You would think you would have your records being played on a smaller station before a bigger station. Also it makes it that much harder to get in on the number 4 market in the country cuz all the major labels are making sure there top artist are getting spins. 99% of this board has no clue how radio works what so ever. Von is not the only person programming music at kmel he has a boss who has a boss and so forth.

Feb 15, 2008
dont give me that "big von didnt ruin the shit", he certainly DOESNT HELP!!! Yeah theres a lot of weak ass shit out there, but theres a lot of GREAT shit out there too. I have yet to hear ANY 40 song on the radio. This is 40, were talkin about the ambassador here... and he cant even get no love?!?! but the new boyz are heavy in rotation?!?! dont give me that shit man he can help but he chooses not too.
ahh they played show me what you workin wit 22 times last week on KMEL AND Trick aka Bitch 5x

Feb 8, 2006
True i dont know how the radio business works . But I would figure if your music was good enough to make rotation on those smaller stations. Then you would get a lil extra love from the major station in your home market. Because obviously some one is listening. If your music is subpar then it shouldnt get spins cause it sucks. But if your music slaps and has the club and streets on fire and there still is no radio love than the local radio SUCKS...........IMO...........

Sep 5, 2008
Last time I checked KMEL was no longer a URBAN station either there now classified as being a rhythmic station on media base. Know your facts before you choose to talk about something you have no clue about.

lol@rythmic, they get even more pathetic. You're right, I have no idea what they're classified as now... because I wouldnt listen to that fucking station unless someone paid me to. Tell them to update there tags too, because just "hiphop & r&b," isn't a rythmic station... i guess they better "get there facts straight" too lol

I hope that paycheck is worth it, and yeah its better that you didn't respond to that L.A. comment huh? :knockout:

Mar 26, 2010
www.SoldierHard.com
Never heard of dude! but then again i been away for hella long! if those are his words though.... i will say IMO is hella false cuz theres hella bay artist with slaps and there are a lot are below average but the good artist and tracks aren't getting play!

In his defense I will say this, I have worked as a Radio DJ for the AFN (Armed Forces Network) in the past and most of the time music was played on what the station & what the Military wanted! I couldn't even play MY music half the time, but being a Bay cat im hard headed so i just had to brake the rules and play my shit, Jacka, 40 and other bay cats tracks! but for the most part the damn play list was monitored and took an act of congress to play other music that wasn't on the play list! But i do know if this Von dude really wanted to play bay music HE COULD IF HE WANTED TO!!!! No Excuses with that! I'm betting he's just not feeling bay cats!!! to each his own!

In closing from what i have seen thru life experience and movin around due to the army life, THE BAY does get props every where....the south love the bay, the mid west love the bay A LOT!!! I lived in Kansas for 3 years 2 hours away from Kansas City and DAMNNNN they love the bay! The Bay got me hella gutz hahaha all i had to say is "I'm from the Bay Area" and it was curtains! hahaha

but yeah thats my 2 Cents!!!!